Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**pops in**

Happy Birthday, Suse, and Sto Lat, Kamil!!

**pops out**
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      she's 5'9", so yeah, she's tall for a woman. Lucky girl.

if i was 5'9" i'd be positively skinny

i think that's one good thing about who they cast. since AT was on par with the boys heighth wise, she wasn't the 'tiny little female' kinda like janet was (although teryl is short, 5'1" or so i think)

Sam stood more as an equal amongst them since she wasn't a lot shorter than them (i think the tallest of the boys is 6'3" or so)
      I remember reading an interview where AT mentioned that during her first audition she was aware of being onstage with RDA and knowing that the producers were literally sizing up how they looked standing together.

I think her height was definitely a plus, playing against all the tall guys. (Of course, it was easier for her to kiss Jack too! Oops, my bad ... did I really just write that?! Er, slip of the pen I'm sure.)

Loved your "skinny" line, Sky! I'm right there with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        You know, back when Quest Part I aired, a lot of us said that it had the feel of an Old School SG1 episode, and I think Quest Part II really followed that trend. There were nice moments across the board and no-one was wall papered, even though... eight characters(?) were central to the plot.
        Exactly. It shows what can be done if the writers want to do it. Makes me hopeful about the rest of S10. And yes, old school SG1 describes it perfectly.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
          Exactly. It shows what can be done if the writers want to do it. Makes me hopeful about the rest of S10. And yes, old school SG1 describes it perfectly.
          im suprised at how much i'm enjoying season 10 at the moment. quest part two was really good. i thought sam was great. hope the rest of season 10 continues to be good

sig by starlover1990

Comment

JuliaR has written a beautiful poem to go with Amanda's Christmas greetings at Kamil's website, www.amandatapping.com The music takes a while to load and is quite lovely but I couldn't get the slideshow or multiple cards to show.

Masterful job though and I'm sure Amanda appreciates it.

Comment

Hey a quick question? Can everyone vote for Sam in the current GW poll? It's about the question which character can STAR in a new show. I voted for Sam (Amanda because, except for my (ya prolly know it by know) crush on her , cause Amanda well she's one of the people as a matter of speech don't hear nor see, but at the end of the day, she moved most of the work. Somebody who, not by study, but acting of the heart, really deserves to STAR. And I'm not sayin' Amanda wil well, take the part, she has her own new and I bet cool project, but again she really deserves it, our 6 star actrice who stands (Sam Carter) 3th in the poll! Of Course RDA may Star too but women can star too, the "male" society doesn't always gives women a change.

Wauw, never thought of sayin' male sociaty, and I am a man.

Greetings,

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                I remember reading an interview where AT mentioned that during her first audition she was aware of being onstage with RDA and knowing that the producers were literally sizing up how they looked standing together.

I think her height was definitely a plus, playing against all the tall guys. (Of course, it was easier for her to kiss Jack too! Oops, my bad ... did I really just write that?! Er, slip of the pen I'm sure.)

Loved your "skinny" line, Sky! I'm right there with you!
                Didn't she also have to hug him in an interview and refer to that as the 'swimsuit' portion? I can't remember where I read that but I don't think I dreamed it.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Suse and Kamil!

My LJ

Comment

I voted for her a few days ago. I'd love to see her star in the new series!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      JuliaR has written a beautiful poem to go with Amanda's Christmas greetings at Kamil's website, www.amandatapping.com The music takes a while to load and is quite lovely but I couldn't get the slideshow or multiple cards to show.

Masterful job though and I'm sure Amanda appreciates it.
                      the music is lovely, but it does take quite a while to load. the pages flip through pretty fast but ifound that you can bring them up one by one if you click on the little thumb nails on the bottom

kamil really did a gorgous job on it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Suse!

I hope you've pampered yourself well!

Comment

Happy Birthday Kamil!

Great job on the website!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            really good fic was rec'd to me this morning

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3334573/1/

cassie pov with some jack in it.

I know it may come off 'bad' in the beginning but stick with it until the end. it is a very good fic
                            I have to second Sky on this one. Stay with it to the end, the payoff is way more than worth it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Suse!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Kamil!

Comment

Working...
                                X