Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Yup...and sweet!

I know...it is going to be fun. I just don't want to disappoint.

You'll do fine, Übs. I'm jealous in a way - tagger and Strix have done marvelous jobs of setting up the story and keeping the continuity going and getting the excitement and tension building....

And that whumpage...... *smacks hand over mouth to keep from giving away Strix's plot points*

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you know, no matter the perception of skill, all you - or anyone - has to do is try.

That's what counts.

Whether you write 10 words or 1000. This'll be a gift for Amanda from the heart of everyone. and even if you don't write, folks in here that encourage those that do are contributing to it. Maybe if you don't want to write, you can beta a chapter for someone. Or even simple feedback is a wonderful thing. We have a lot of first time writers playing and taking a couple of seconds to say 'thanks' is a great thing.

This isn't any one person's story. It'll be from all of us, writers, readers and even cheer leaders
      The only reason I might do it is because it would be the one thing I could do for Amanda. But I'm with Oooober. I don't want to disappoint anyone! I've written fic before...but this makes me nervous! I still have the page up and have been meaning to read, but I'm afraid I'll scare myself off. Of course I can't write if I don't know what's going on. I want to do something for Amanda...and I can write...but I'm a chicken, plain and simple!

Comment

give it a read and see if it piques your muse
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
          You'll do fine, Übs. I'm jealous in a way - tagger and Strix have done marvelous jobs of setting up the story and keeping the continuity going and getting the excitement and tension building....

And that whumpage...... *smacks hand over mouth to keep from giving away Strix's plot points*

Um any chance of getting a sneak peek?

*pulls coins out of pocket*
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            This is totally OT so I'll put it in a spoiler for those of you who do not wish to read it. Last night as the clock struck midnight, my sister and I began to make a list for our New Year's Resolution. As usual it was filled with highly unlikely goals and dreams. You know the ones...find a husband(sister's), get over my fear of flying, learn to speak a new language, finally get into a size 6 dress, end world hunger. I'm sure many of you understand what I'm talking about. Anyway, after much laughter and erasing, I think I've finally acquired a much more attainable list.

Spoiler:

My New Year’s Resolution

10. Make at least one new friend

9. Learn a new skill/take up a new hobby

8. Try to give up at least one vice by the end of the year( not Samanda!)

7. Drink more water

6. Exercise ( play Dance Dance Revolution with my daughter )

5. Read at least one new book a month.

4. Try to do more to make the world a better place.
            ....Volunteering,
            ....Donating Money
            ....Donating Blood – because the life I save may one day be my own.

3. Spend more quality time with my family

2. Get outside and breathe fresh air.
            ....Note to self - summer in Texas is not a healthy time to be outside or to breathe the air.

1. Remember to smile

Links to sites I've found that I hope will help me to achieve my goals this year.
            Spoiler:

Make a Difference

Volunteer Solutions

Network for Good

Doctor's Without Borders

Donors Choose

Delta Society

Little Brothers

Heifer.Org

Second Harvest

Blood Saves

Donate a Phone

Used cell phones are reprogrammed with emergency numbers and then distributed to domestic violence victims. "We give them out left and right," says Officer Ed O'Carroll of the Fairfax County, Virginia Police Department.
            Call: 1-888-901-7233 to donate a used cell phone.

I wish you all a Happy New Year and even if you don't make your own resolutions this year, I hope everyone can at least obtain #1 on my list.

Just think of Amanda and it shouldn't be too difficult, right?
            Kat....this is a wonderful list! Hubby and I just donated our old phones in early December. Our cell provider has an arrangement with the local domestic violence program, and sends reconditioned phones directly to them. Others might want to check to see if they can do this locally too.

And on the part I've bolded....will you be breathing some summer air in Maryland this year???? Or are you taking a break since your 2006 AT World Tour?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              The only reason I might do it is because it would be the one thing I could do for Amanda. But I'm with Oooober. I don't want to disappoint anyone! I've written fic before...but this makes me nervous! I still have the page up and have been meaning to read, but I'm afraid I'll scare myself off. Of course I can't write if I don't know what's going on. I want to do something for Amanda...and I can write...but I'm a chicken, plain and simple!

Sky already twisted my arm.

Maybe she'll twist yours yet. She can be very persuasive when she wants to be.

Honestly, it makes me nervous and pushes me out of my comfort zone too. I figure, though, if what I write really isn't working, there are plenty of people around to bail help me out.

Despite the teasing, there's no pressure. Cheerleading and moral support are gratefully accepted.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                I'll help you, if you want. I know Sky would too.

My LJ

Comment

i'll be happy to help out anyone that wants it.

something as simple as a quick beta job to someone that wants some plottage to someone that wants a little ghost writing.

There's now two of us on record that will help, and i know Julia will as well if folks would rather conspire with her. And i suspect a couple of our more experienced writers will as well.

1000 words really isn't all that much. about 2 pages or so, and you don't even have to hit the 'quota'. you can just write a couple hundred if that's how it works out.

As to being nervous....well, for the AT2 auction, amanda brought with her 3 paintings that she did while she was pregnant. Stuff she did, i guess, sitting at home and nesting. They were pretty little heart paintings...and she donated them to the auction and the three of them raised about 3000 pounds for the charity (ballpark figure)

so if she can take a work of art she made, schlep it across the atlantis, put it forth, risking rejecting in front of 300 people...well, i'm sure she was more nervous doing that then if she'd have tossed them up on ebay anonymously

Seriously though, no hard sell, no guilt trip. If folks aren't comfortable, that's perfectly fine. I apologize for putting anyone on the carpet.

Just please don't be afraid of us.

sigpic

Comment

Sky, I'm not afraid. But I've never written a "fanfic" before and I don't know how. Sure I've read them, but never wrote them. I think that's my problem. I
                    want to contribute, but I'm a little nervous and with taking care of my Mom
                    I really don't know how much I can. Did that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      I'm a bit frustrated at my friends about the rabbit. What sort of person leaves a pet alone for over a week?!?!
                      Irresponsible. How terrible to come home to that.
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        I can no more cross-environmentalize* a penguin and a polar bear than I could kill Sam (permanently) in a fic!

*Look, Ma, I made up a new word.
                        Heehee, you now have to use the new word in your chapter. (Kidding, just kidding!)

Great word, BTW.
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          This is totally OT so I'll put it in a spoiler for those of you who do not wish to read it. Last night as the clock struck midnight, my sister and I began to make a list for our New Year's Resolution. As usual it was filled with highly unlikely goals and dreams. You know the ones...find a husband(sister's), get over my fear of flying, learn to speak a new language, finally get into a size 6 dress, end world hunger. I'm sure many of you understand what I'm talking about. Anyway, after much laughter and erasing, I think I've finally acquired a much more attainable list.
                          Thanks to everyone for the doing-good recommendations! An altruism re-boot was just what I needed!
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                            Sky, I'm not afraid. But I've never written a "fanfic" before and I don't know how. Sure I've read them, but never wrote them. I think that's my problem. I
                            want to contribute, but I'm a little nervous and with taking care of my Mom
                            I really don't know how much I can. Did that make sense?
                            i understand that totally.

and there is one very important variable to this whole collaboration...someone to read it.

a good objective reader could help things out, keep the story flowing and help keep an eye out for any errant plot holes we may leave scattered about.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                              Kat....this is a wonderful list! Hubby and I just donated our old phones in early December. Our cell provider has an arrangement with the local domestic violence program, and sends reconditioned phones directly to them. Others might want to check to see if they can do this locally too.

And on the part I've bolded....will you be breathing some summer air in Maryland this year???? Or are you taking a break since your 2006 AT World Tour?
                              LOL. Unfortunately, we are hoping to purchase a new house this spring so whether or not I make it to Maryland this year will depend on how good a deal we find. But just in case, I've already booked a room at the hotel. So there is a small chance I will be there. Though I may have to bring mini-me with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                                I'll help you, if you want. I know Sky would too.
                                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i'll be happy to help out anyone that wants it.

something as simple as a quick beta job to someone that wants some plottage to someone that wants a little ghost writing.

There's now two of us on record that will help, and i know Julia will as well if folks would rather conspire with her. And i suspect a couple of our more experienced writers will as well.

1000 words really isn't all that much. about 2 pages or so, and you don't even have to hit the 'quota'. you can just write a couple hundred if that's how it works out.

As to being nervous....well, for the AT2 auction, amanda brought with her 3 paintings that she did while she was pregnant. Stuff she did, i guess, sitting at home and nesting. They were pretty little heart paintings...and she donated them to the auction and the three of them raised about 3000 pounds for the charity (ballpark figure)

so if she can take a work of art she made, schlep it across the atlantis, put it forth, risking rejecting in front of 300 people...well, i'm sure she was more nervous doing that then if she'd have tossed them up on ebay anonymously

Seriously though, no hard sell, no guilt trip. If folks aren't comfortable, that's perfectly fine. I apologize for putting anyone on the carpet.

Just please don't be afraid of us.
                                You can bet I'm going to take one of you up on that offer when its my turn. Sky, Amanda was probably very nervous about her paintings. That was a very good point that all of us "first timers" need to remember. Of course, I think I'd be just as nervous if I'd written several fanfic. Wow, talk about being in the presence of greatness. There are some really good writers on this thread, and the story is a gift for Amanda herself. This is something special that all Samandans will treasure. It is just really cool that we have the opportunity to be involved at all (reading, writing, or cheerleading).

Now, as I PMed ChompinGal earlier, one of the first thoughts I had when I woke up today was that it is only a month until February. Isn't that when we are supposed to hear something about Amanda's new project? (Crossing my fingers and hoping for good news.)

Comment

Working...
                                X