• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    Arms race, huh?

I think our side of the room is going to get labelled as disruptive

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
      I don't think we will somehow... Sky One (who always buy the rights to Stargate, don't know for certain if they bought S10 though..) have just finished showing everything up to season 9, and now they've gone back to season one again.. not a hint or a whisper of season 10, which I assume they will want to give a whole whack of advertising before airing, so I doubt we'll have seen it *all* before SciFi starts it again... just IMHO though... considering they advertised S9 for about a month if I remember correctly...

*waves to fellow Samandans*

I've been distracted by RL again lately... damn thing just gets in the way! Just two weeks til AT2!!!!!!! *starts gathering popcorn and paper cups to throw at Scari*
      Sweetie, Sky One has been showing S10 for the last three weeks - Wednesdays at 8pm followed by Atlantis at 9pm.

There's been nothing announced about a mid-season hiatus that would mean the US seeing the rest of the season before us so I would think the UK at the mo looks likely to view the 2nd half of the season Jan-Mar as usual.
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        Sweetie, Sky One has been showing S10 for the last three weeks - Wednesdays at 8pm followed by Atlantis at 9pm.

There's been nothing announced about a mid-season hiatus that would mean the US seeing the rest of the season before us so I would think the UK at the mo looks likely to view the 2nd half of the season Jan-Mar as usual.
        Well that's me speechless... I can't believe I didn't know that... although I rarely watch tv at college...

Oh dear.. I need to go hang my head in shame..

Comment

Well that's me speechless... I can't believe I didn't know that... although I rarely watch tv at college...

Oh dear.. I need to go hang my head in shame..
          Ah...college...happy memories.

And don't feel too bad; Sky's schedule for SG can be a little confusing at times especially with the repeats.

I think they're repeating SG1's The Pegasus Project on Sky 2 tonight around 8ish (you might want to check an actual TV schedule tho') if you want to watch it - there's some nice Sam moments in it.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Oh wow...so easy to catch up today...one page since yesterday...just want to say hi to everyone...hope all is well...good night folks...take care and be safe.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              ((((Samandans)))

Wow, it's good to be back

My computer broke down and it took a week to get it fixed and back to me

(wonders if it had anything to do with the discussion I was having with Eve )

Eve control your brethren! We were wondering what happened to you Mandy, glad your back!

Jan
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Oooooh Lida! Now that is a good idea - a serial killer, definitely something meaty I'd like to see AT have a go at. I love watching AT, she says so much without saying a thing.
                Amanda as the serial killer? Yes, all you have to do is remember how she looked as ReliCarter ... that persona would do it.

Comment

I don't think we will somehow... Sky One (who always buy the rights to Stargate, don't know for certain if they bought S10 though..) have just finished showing everything up to season 9, and now they've gone back to season one again.. not a hint or a whisper of season 10, which I assume they will want to give a whole whack of advertising before airing, so I doubt we'll have seen it *all* before SciFi starts it again... just IMHO though... considering they advertised S9 for about a month if I remember correctly...

*waves to fellow Samandans*

I've been distracted by RL again lately... damn thing just gets in the way! Just two weeks til AT2!!!!!!! *starts gathering popcorn and paper cups to throw at Scari*
                  i'm pretty sure the uk will be long ahead of us. y ou're on eps 4 now? which means you have 16 weeks to go, or four months. which means you'll be done feb/mar or so considering that you'll take 2 weeks off for the holidays

we're not even beginning the second half of s10 until march

and skiffy does this and then mgm will be whining and complaingin and witching about those evil folks that download the eps...and will never admit that if they wouldn't jerk fans around with six month delays and acknowledge a world wide fandom there'd be no need

they create a 'you have to see it now!!!!' attitude, then jerk the run out from under your feet wiht a 'oops, yes, i know we said now, but NOW must be when we can make the most money off you'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

More caps?

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      Amanda as the serial killer? Yes, all you have to do is remember how she looked as ReliCarter ... that persona would do it.

Oh, that is an interesting idea! Most serial killers seem normal when they aren't killing (wow, that's a phrase I never thought I'd type), so Amanda could use a calm normal persona by day and Replicarter persona by night. She has such a big range as an actress! That would rock!

Of course, the kids would be angry with me, because I'd send them to grandmas while hubby and I watched that one. They'd get over it though!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about the films you guys were speaking about for Amanda to be in, I'd love to see Amanda in a true life story. she'd have us all crying and then laughing, she plays emotion so well.

11 days to AT2 *squeeeee*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          11 days to AT2 *squeeeee*
                          Four days until I leave for pre-GABIT sightseeing.

I am So. Not. Ready. Aaiiieeeeeee!

My LJ

Comment

Oooooh! Strix will be on British soil in four days?!?! This is so coool (and strange).
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              i'm pretty sure the uk will be long ahead of us. y ou're on eps 4 now? which means you have 16 weeks to go, or four months. which means you'll be done feb/mar or so considering that you'll take 2 weeks off for the holidays

we're not even beginning the second half of s10 until march

and skiffy does this and then mgm will be whining and complaingin and witching about those evil folks that download the eps...and will never admit that if they wouldn't jerk fans around with six month delays and acknowledge a world wide fandom there'd be no need

they create a 'you have to see it now!!!!' attitude, then jerk the run out from under your feet wiht a 'oops, yes, i know we said now, but NOW must be when we can make the most money off you'
                              It could end up doing the ratings for the second half a lot of damage if people can watch downloads of the eps from Sky One months before the Sci-Fi channel shows them.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

which is probably the exuse mgm will use to be super pissy when it's far more likely that the reviews coming from across the pond will do far more damage

the online fandom, and htose that download, are just a tiny bit of the total viewers.

there's 24,000 people registered to this forum. and even if every single one of them downloaded instead of watching it still wouldn't reflect a single ratings point

they will use it as an excuse,, but it really has no real effect

the greater 'damage' will be, imho, folks hearing about the episodes and basing whether or not to watch upon those very same reviews

If skiffy really cared about having their blockbuster friday night back, they'd put stargate back on in the next few weeks and reclaim all 3 hours of friday night with 3-4 different shows, not trying to milk 6 hours of ratings out of 2 hours of programming (skiffy doedsn't have a separate east and west coast feed, so they loop/repeat their primetime twice over a six hour period to cover the time zones)
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X