Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM View Post
    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but, yeah, DEM is very negative. Nice to meet you.

P.S. Samantha Carter is a great character.
    Nice to meet you too!

Originally posted by STARGATE7777 View Post
    I guess I find it hard to separate my feelings about what should happen with Sam without referring to Jack. It seemed to me that there were team moments... when Jack was there. Sam was more a focus and a stronger character...when Jack was there. Sam was more decisive and in control...when Jack was there.

If Sam's character took a beating as a result of the Sam and Jack pairing then it would fall to reason that with Jack no longer in the show that the Sam character should be strong once again. This is not the case.

Poor writing, to me, is to blame for many things wrong in Stargate. It hasn't just affected Sam but Daniel, Teal'c, the introduction of Cam and Vala...the list goes on and on.

I think that the Sam/Jack issue has been an easy target for those who don't want this portrayed (for whatever reason). It is the...if only Sam wasn't paired with Jack then she would be so much more. For me, I would take seasons 1-8 Sam anyday.
    I find it hard to separate Jack from Sam, because to me, they go together. When I think about Jack, I also think about Sam. When I think about Sam, Jack is right there by her side.

Now, I'm going to try to stray away from the ship question before I only start talking about S/J ship (which would be better discussed in that thread). Here's some Death Knell caps I made. (click for bigger)

Comment

a flyby post

we made it, safe and sound.

i've already run into minigeek and spaz and strix

we're off to sight see tomorrow and then it's the cocktail party

oh, and we ran into the G4 too, lovely folks

keep you folks updated as we can
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        a flyby post

Wow it looks like the party has already begun
        Have fun ladies, and remember not too many blue jello vodka shooters
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

For those of you wondering about the busyness of the thread yesterday, I can believe those numbers. I tried multiple times to get on last night, and each time, I got the message that the server was busy.

As far as how I'd like to see Sam for the remainder of the season, I think I can sum it up by saying I'd like to see her. Period. Soldier Sam, scientist Sam, PostTok'ra Sam, leader Sam, you name it. I just don't want to see more wallflower Sam.

As far as Sam's relationship with Jack is concerned, I would like to see some acknowledgement of it. I'd be happy with a few throwaway lines, just some confirmation that it's real now that Jack is no longer at the mountain. Some followup to Sam's "not exactly" line to Barrett would be nice. I liked the way it was handled in "Threads," a poignant scene then back to business. I do think that TPTBs need to wrap up the storyline before the series ends rather than just leave it flapping out there in the breeze. I like blatant S/J in a lot of fanfic, but I'd rather not see a retread of "Chimera" with Jack instead of Pete.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

a flyby post

WooHoo!! Thanks so much for the check in! Glad you all are safe. Have fun and tell Sue I said Hi!

Comment

Sorry it's coming so late in the day, but every time I tried to "deliver" it earlier, the forum was down.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but, yeah, DEM is very negative. Nice to meet you.

P.S. Samantha Carter is a great character.
                DEM is an evil, twisted and bitter hater who should be burnt at the stake.

On a side note, my problem with anti-shippers is that they can be more Anti-Sam than Anti-Sam/Jack. However, just so I can equally offend everyone, I have a problem with shippers where their idea of discussion on Sam is actually discussion on Sam/Jack.

I prefer the term Non-Ship. I don't have any massive objections to what has been done in the show, but I certainly don't really want to see it go further. Just drop it already.

Comment

Two Sam fic recs, both by LJ

Mirror is a post Gemini tag with Sam and some fallout of the RepliCarter incident.

Once upon a time in Egypt is a brilliant fic that 'explains how Sam's death in Egypt of 3000 B.C. and the failed rebellion caused sufficient ripples throughout the centuries to keep Sam out of the Air Force' (I just copied that from the rec post that I read ).

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

Sorry it's coming so late in the day, but every time I tried to "deliver" it earlier, the forum was down.

NC

Thank you.

Comment

NC
                      Oh I second that!

Happy Birthday LaCroix
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

NC

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Oh I second that!

Happy Birthday LaCroix

Thank you.

Comment

a flyby post

Have a great time, I'm looking forward to reading all about it and lots of photos too.

Happy Birthday LaCroix

Comment

Again, I thank all who have wished me a Happy Birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                On a side note, my problem with anti-shippers is that they can be more Anti-Sam than Anti-Sam/Jack. However, just so I can equally offend everyone, I have a problem with shippers where their idea of discussion on Sam is actually discussion on Sam/Jack.

I prefer the term Non-Ship. I don't have any massive objections to what has been done in the show, but I certainly don't really want to see it go further. Just drop it already.
                                Both of these statements reflect my feelings exactly. Your observations about how some (not all) anti-shippers and shippers perceive Sam is something that I've noticed as well, and both can almost painful to read if you're primarily a Sam fan.

I put myself in the category of non-shipper. My preference would be for friendship and comradeship between not just Jack and Sam, but between all the members of the team.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X