Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deepspace
    Agreed
    Now... to clarify, Sam FINALLY gets to wield a sword, or are space pirates only allowed to have guns?
    Space pirates get laser swords And guns

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Also, was anyone else able to download "The Return" today? Someone did it by accident from Amazon unbox, when they were trying to download "Phantoms"... Heh heh.
      Yeah I saw that, and after skimming through the thread...
      Spoiler:
      It seems like there's only a mention of Carter. I don't think she's going to actually be in the episode

Comment

we discussed doing a ficathon and, iirc, got hung up on making a site and all that

however, i think if we start small, keep it on lj (i'm really stupid on lj so i'm nto even sure how to start a community) i see no reason why we can do some sort of samficathon
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Deejay posted a link (I don't know how many pages back ) about a ficathon to tie up loose ends in the series
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm going to ignore the great points you made and focus on this. Since you felt so inclined to ally yourself with Scari, maybe YOU would like to write a fic that features Sam, Vala, Liz and Teyla.

Hmm... Wouldn't it be cool if we could talk to those who frequent the Liz, Teyla and Vala threads and see if there could be a set date where fics featuring all four of the lovely ladies could be posted on an LJ? It'd be a nice way to gain interesting perspective from fans of the other women of Stargate.
            or what if we had a ficathon where folks had to pair up 2 of the 4...but it HAS to be a cross galaxy event, ie

teyla/sam
            teyla/vala
            weir/sam
            weir/vala

no simple pairing, since teyla/weir and sam/vala is a gimme

maybe...umm, exchange student days or something.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              or what if we had a ficathon where folks had to pair up 2 of the 4...but it HAS to be a cross galaxy event, ie

teyla/sam
              teyla/vala
              weir/sam
              weir/vala

no simple pairing, since teyla/weir and sam/vala is a gimme

maybe...umm, exchange student days or something.
              Hehehe, could you imagine teyla and sam discussing rodney
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Deejay posted a link (I don't know how many pages back ) about a ficathon to tie up loose ends in the series
                Here it is, in case anyone is interested: Loose End/Forgotten Beginnings

Also, I'd be glad to start a community on LJ for a Women of the Gates ficathon.

1) What should we call it?
                2) WHo else can I rope into being maintainers, who would be able to see the sign-up enteries? Because organizing it all, I wouldn't be able to do alone.

Comment

Women of the Gates sounds good. and there's no rule saying we have to have only one ficathon.

our initial one could be The Great Exchange

I don't knwo much about maintianing lj, but i can help in the matching folks up and stuff. I can do lists

sigpic

Comment

Women of the Gates sounds good. and there's no rule saying we have to have only one ficathon.

our initial one could be The Great Exchange

I don't knwo much about maintianing lj, but i can help in the matching folks up and stuff. I can do lists
                    Excellent. I think I know your LJ name, but I'm not certain. If you don't want to post it here, PM me with it so I don't accidently put some stranger in as maintainer.

Comment

i'm so original
                      skydiver119

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        Hehehe, could you imagine teyla and sam discussing rodney
                        how about sam and weir

101 ways to manpulate the high maintenance

sigpic

Comment

I can help too, Deej. Thanks for taking the initiative on that. Ya'll know I'm a bit of a schmuck with computer tech, but I'll help where I can - if you need someone to spread the word to the other fans on GW, I can do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            What did it do to you, Honey? *hugs and protects Scari and pulls faces at Spaz*

I've been rewatching MultiCarter eps recently (TBFTGOG, PoV, The Changeling, Moebius, RE, GUP, Gemini, New Order etc, etc, etc) and you know what? I never tire of all these different characters and the subtle nuances that define them all. Heck, I'd love to see a spin off show... Stargate: MultiSam (a new set of Carters every week).

Seriously, though, just the way Amanda holds herself, the jaw setting, just simple things mean that you can see instantly which Carter you're watching. Amazing.
                            Amanda is so talented! I wander if her stage training helped her make the differences between the characters or if it is all just natural talent. Obviously, Amanda is incredibly gifted. I love all the multiCarter episodes. She wows me every week, but when she plays multiple characters in the same episode I am blown away!

Congrats on 4000 ReganX! I am impressed!

Comment

i'm so original
                              skydiver119
                              I've set up the community and added you as a maintainer. I sent an invite, let me know if you don't get it. We can work out the details of the ficathon this week or weekend sometime. I'll also get userpics up, and a layout of somesort. I need to download some pics of Teyla, Vala, and Weir first. Anyone with any good ones they want to PM me, I'd be grateful!

Comment

I can help too, Deej. Thanks for taking the initiative on that. Ya'll know I'm a bit of a schmuck with computer tech, but I'll help where I can - if you need someone to spread the word to the other fans on GW, I can do that too.
                                Added you as a maintainer and mod too!

Comment

Working...
                                X