Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Argh! Can't remember where I read it... and the 'search this thread' feature hasn't been working right since they moved to the new server... I scanned through the last several pages on Joe's thread and couldn't find it... So I'll open the question up - who remembers where 'they' say that the viewers are going to be 'blown away' when they find out why Sam comes back to Stargate Command? Was it in someone's post from the recent convention?

wait, i'm going to reply to this post again... you know, if that's what was said, that doesn't necessarily mean 'sam's return' as much as the 'reason' she comes back is going to blow ppl away. the reason might be big - (like giant caterpillars are eating mexico or the sgc ran out of coffee and daniel's going berserk).

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I have had an equally difficult time trying to find where I thought Joe had said that
      Spoiler:
      the leadership at Home World Security are going to all be civilians
      ...and I remember something about Sam but I'm not sure what it was... (boy, that's really helpful)
      argh, find where you read that, ubersg! (want it, want it, want it )

i do remember a shipper saying something like that on the shipper thread, but i can't remember if she was speculating or had gotten it from a reliable source (joe).

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Argh! Can't remember where I read it... who remembers where 'they' say that the viewers are going to be 'blown away' when they find out why Sam comes back to Stargate Command? Was it in someone's post from the recent convention?
        Astrogeologist:

I am not sure if you are thinking of part of my post earlier in this thread at No. 5027 where I said:

"Finally, I will try and remain as optimistic as UberSG-1Fan was in a post a few pages back, and say that the comment someone made at the CON about people thinking they know what is going on and that they will be really "floored" when they see what is going on means that for all of us who DOUBT Carter will be in charge, and for everyone who is assuming BB1 will remain team leader, - lookout because Carter IS going to be in charge (but that is only ONE of the things we are all wrong about. I bet one of the other things is the arthurian legend stuff - that did not seem to be such a big hit when it was first announced and there seemed to be a lot of speculation about it so I bet that is one of the things alluded to as well - everyone who thinks they know what will happen with the Arthurian legend will be floored by what they really see.) "
        The stuff about Carter was my musing about what we could be "floored" about. The comment I read in a CON report from this past weekend simply said that the fans think they know what is going on and they will be "floored" by what really goes on, the report was not specific about characters or about storylines, I was simply adding my guess as to some of what we could perhaps be floored about. It could just as easily be something to do with Daniel or Teal'c or even Jack, depending on how they write his absence.

Also, I have not seen anything in any thread, interview or report, including the Ask JM thread here at GW or the interviews and spoilers posted at Thor's site, that specifically addresses Carter's return one way or the other except the one where Mallozzi says she is "far, far away" while she is gone and an interview from several weeks back wherein Cooper or Wood (cannot rememeber exactly who) said that when Carter returns it is because of a "grave" event or something like that - the word "grave" was definitely used - so she apparently comes back for a very good reason whatever it may be.

I also saw a report last night (at Yahoo Spoilme) that said Carmen Argenziano was at this past weekends Vulkon Con and he said Jacob could be back in S9 but he did not know if it would be flashbacks or something else . . . in response someone else was musing that S9 will be all alternate reality based so that could be what will "floor" everyone.

If it was my post (at 5027) that gave you the impression about Cater I hope this helps clear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          argh, find where you read that, ubersg! (want it, want it, want it )

i do remember a shipper saying something like that on the shipper thread, but i can't remember if she was speculating or had gotten it from a reliable source (joe).

sally
          Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder if I read that he said that somewhere...but perhaps from someone who doesn't know what he/she's talking about. So here I've been thinking it was from JM, but now I'm not so sure...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            Astrogeologist:

I am not sure if you are thinking of part of my post earlier in this thread at No. 5027 where I said:

"Finally, I will try and remain as optimistic as UberSG-1Fan was in a post a few pages back, and say that the comment someone made at the CON about people thinking they know what is going on and that they will be really "floored" when they see what is going on means that for all of us who DOUBT Carter will be in charge, and for everyone who is assuming BB1 will remain team leader, - lookout because Carter IS going to be in charge (but that is only ONE of the things we are all wrong about. I bet one of the other things is the arthurian legend stuff - that did not seem to be such a big hit when it was first announced and there seemed to be a lot of speculation about it so I bet that is one of the things alluded to as well - everyone who thinks they know what will happen with the Arthurian legend will be floored by what they really see.) "

The stuff about Carter was my musing about what we could be "floored" about. The comment I read in a CON report from this past weekend simply said that the fans think they know what is going on and they will be "floored" by what really goes on, the report was not specific about characters or about storylines, I was simply adding my guess as to some of what we could perhaps be floored about. It could just as easily be something to do with Daniel or Teal'c or even Jack, depending on how they write his absence.

I also saw a report last night (at Yahoo Spoilme) that said Carmen Argenziano was at this past weekends Vulkon Con and he said Jacob could be back in S9 but he did not know if it would be flashbacks or something else . . . in response someone else was musing that S9 will be all alternate reality based so that could be what will "floor" everyone.

Also, I have not seen anything in any thread, interview or report, including the Ask JM thread here at GW or the interviews and spoilers posted at Thor's site, that specifically addresses Carter's return one way or the other except the one where Mallozzi says she is "far, far away" while she is gone and an interview from several weeks back wherein Cooper or Wood (cannot rememeber exactly who) said that when Carter returns it is because of a "grave" event or something like that - the word "grave" was definitely used - so she apparently comes back for a very good reason whatever it may be. If it was my post that gave you the impression about Cater I hope this helps clear it up.
            I hope Jacob's back...I love his interactions with everyone...especially Sam, of course. And Carmen is probably my favorite guest star...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder if I read that he said that somewhere...but perhaps from someone who doesn't know what he/she's talking about. So here I've been thinking it was from JM, but now I'm not so sure...
              I'll help you out here. I wandered into this thread looking for con spoilers and read the post you're referring to.

It was a post by MajorSam talking about a conversation she had with Bruce Woloshyn (at the GW dinner)

Originally posted by MajorSam
              he DID COME BACK TO THE HOTEL!?!??! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! I KNEW it!!! How long after I left did he come??? Did you get the chance to give him my message!? *kills circumstances that forced me to leave*

See, me and him were going to bust into the last part of the Caberet together... (I didn't have a pass, and he wasn't supossed to be there, but it's not like they're going to refuse HIM!) and we were going to meet at the hotel... but then right at the time he was supossed to be there, I had to leave...

Thanks for the info about Amanda I'm sure all the cast and crew just melted... awww

I'm wearing my signed hat right now <g> I'm very pleased to say that, when Rainbow arrived, he came and sat right beside me for the night I definately picked the right seat!!! *loves Rainbow*

Had some awesome discussions with Bruce about some upcoming Atlantis stuff in Siege pt 3. He emphasised the Deadelus!

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
              Spoiler:
              So Siege one and two, they were fighting so hard because they knew help was coming. well, when help comes, it comes in styyyyyle. (very BIG style, as in BIIIG ship) Apparantly we're going to be completely blown away. He also emphasised how there's going to be shots of the Deadelus and Atlantis together, showing sizes and stuff. We're definately going to finally see how big Atlantis actually is. He says it's really hard because it's only for TV screens, rite, but we're actually going to see now that its a massive entire CITY.

and re season 9

SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
              We're going to be floored. He says a lot of us suspect we all know what's goin on, but apparantly we're not so smart as we think...hm...that could mean a lot of things...
              Maybe MajorSam could elaborate when she gets back - cause I think that could be about anything!
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                I'll help you out here. I wandered into this thread looking for con spoilers and read the post you're referring to.

It was a post by MajorSam talking about a conversation she had with Bruce Woloshyn (at the GW dinner)

Maybe MajorSam could elaborate when she gets back - cause I think that could be about anything!
                Thank you and I appreciate you finding that (it would have driven me nuts)...

But my quote had to do with whether or not
                Spoiler:
                the leadership at Home World Security would be completely civilian
                . I remember reading that, and that the poster said it came from the Ask JM thread, but I find no evidence of it elsewhere (unless there's just a problem with the search feature)...so I'm beginning to wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  The thing that worries me about season 9 is the fact that (I don't know if I need to spoiler this or not, but I'm going to, just to be safe)
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam is "out of the loop" for so long. By necessity, they're having to start the first several episodes without her, focusing attention on the other characters. I have no doubt that CJ and MS think that season 9 is awesome, after all, they're going to have the limelight in the beginning. Nothing wrong with that, but they're going to establish their own chemistry with the new characters, and they're going to be established as the main players in the new theme of the season. I mean, it seems pretty obvious that the writers are taking things in a new direction, and the new direction has a certain amount of cohesion to it, just like the first eight seasons had the on-going theme of the battle with the goa'uld.

So Sam being gone in the beginning leaves her out of all of this new stuff in the crucial development stage. I'm afraid she's going to be brought back in as sort of an after-thought.... oh, and by the way, Sam's back! Now to continue with our story where we left off... Plus, if the writers aren't careful, they could easily bring her back in such a way as to disrupt whatever chemistry has been established between the new characters in the first episodes, opening her up to criticism from the fans. If they set up BB in such a way that the fans fall in love with him, love him in charge, love him leading SG-1, it could be really bad for Sam.

When I read this post by Strix varia, I was floored. Something has been nagging me for the last several days in regard to Sam and Season 9, and your post expresses exactly what I am worried about. I think I started to feel this way after reading some of the con reports---it seemed that Sam was not mentioned at all. It would be better if I hadn't read them.

I agree that the writers need to be careful about how to bring Sam back. How will she fit into the history that has already taken place between the old and new characters? On the optimistic side, AT is a great actress and I think that the chemistry between her and the new characters will be great and interesting to watch when she returns. And BB mentioned that he was looking forward to meeting and working with her. CB mentioned that she hoped that she could work with AT, but may not be given that chance.

I can't tell if there is little being said right now because they don't want to spoil us at all about Sam, or if the new characters and Daniel and Teal'c are now considered much more important. Are they trying to drive Sam fans crazy (and the Sam/Jack shippers too for that matter)? The problem is, we have no idea how they are writing the Sam character and how involved Amanda wants to be. And it seems as if people learned nothing about this at the con.

I hate to admit it, but I cringe at some of the storylines for the first five episodes (but I am keeping an open mind). It sounds like Vala will continue to use sexual banter and this is very unappealing to me. I like Daniel and Teal'c, but for me they are not as interesting to watch without Sam.

I have said nothing useful!!! Sorry--just a bit of a rant!! I wish all the extremely talented fanfic writers on this SAGC thread would be asked to write Sam's character for season 9!!! Pleasssssssssssssse. And I'm not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    When I read this post by Strix varia, I was floored. Something has been nagging me for the last several days in regard to Sam and Season 9, and your post expresses exactly what I am worried about. I think I started to feel this way after reading some of the con reports---it seemed that Sam was not mentioned at all. It would be better if I hadn't read them.

I agree that the writers need to be careful about how to bring Sam back. How will she fit into the history that has already taken place between the old and new characters? On the optimistic side, AT is a great actress and I think that the chemistry between her and the new characters will be great and interesting to watch when she returns. And BB mentioned that he was looking forward to meeting and working with her. CB mentioned that she hoped that she could work with AT, but may not be given that chance.

I can't tell if there is little being said right now because they don't want to spoil us at all about Sam, or if the new characters and Daniel and Teal'c are now considered much more important. Are they trying to drive Sam fans crazy (and the Sam/Jack shippers too for that matter)? The problem is, we have no idea how they are writing the Sam character and how involved Amanda wants to be. And it seems as if people learned nothing about this at the con.

I hate to admit it, but I cringe at some of the storylines for the first five episodes (but I am keeping an open mind). It sounds like Vala will continue to use sexual banter and this is very unappealing to me. I like Daniel and Teal'c, but for me they are not as interesting to watch without Sam.

I have said nothing useful!!! Sorry--just a bit of a rant!! I wish all the extremely talented fanfic writers on this SAGC thread would be asked to write Sam's character for season 9!!! Pleasssssssssssssse. And I'm not kidding.
                    Alright...I'll take that challenge (if you'll cram me into that "extremely talented" category)...I'll write an ep for season 9.

Just let me know when TPTB wish to schedule a meeting with me to discuss and I'll be sure to forward a treatment to them post haste...

Comment

i dunno. it takes a lot to 'floor' me

of course, tastes vary. I remember Joe saying that revisions was his favorite eps of s7 and i thought it was rather boring and totally lacking in suspense so....his floor may be my ceiling
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Alright...I'll take that challenge (if you'll cram me into that "extremely talented" category)...I'll write an ep for season 9.

Just let me know when TPTB wish to schedule a meeting with me to discuss and I'll be sure to forward a treatment to them post haste...

Yes, of course ... and may I become your PA and negotiate the final contract?! hehehehe

And a Royal Bean is due to you for #5200!

Comment

one lovely thing about this fandom

'we'll always have fic'
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            one lovely thing about this fandom

'we'll always have fic'
                            Here's a Sam and Teal'c pic just for you...

Comment

The thread has exploded with all kinds of guesses as to just what will be happening around Sam's return.

First, I have to ask Astro just where did you begin to get the idea of
                              Spoiler:
                              the Tok'ra in Sam? Did I miss a whole section of this thread discussing that? After watching Tok'ra Part 1 rerun tonight and Sam's visceral reaction to the thought of another symbiote, I can't picture TPTB ever using that as a plot device again for Carter. It just doesn't make sense.
                              Why do you feel they're going in that direction? Proof positive, please.

And, then, the idea of
                              Spoiler:
                              Hammond and Sam on the secret mission far, far away seems a good one, but is Don Davis returning to the show? I thought he really was going into retirement mode.

And, of course, the continuation or final resolution of J/S ship?
                              Spoiler:
                              Someone has mentioned that they think Homeworld Security will be all civilian run so that would make Jack a civilian, right? And he would be free to be in a relationship wth Sam.

It seems that there are going to be quite a number of new faces - just read the latest episode spoilers and it's mind boggling!
                              Spoiler:
                              From Arthurian legends to Ori to new Jaffa to pandemics to apocalypse about earth-based threats to Babylon - they seem to be cramming an awful lot of new characters and arcs into the first half of S9!

Again, how does Sam fit into all of this? And where is MajorSam with her full con report? And what about Naomi? (Just wanted to see if you're paying attention!)

Comment

I hope Jacob's back...I love his interactions with everyone...especially Sam, of course. And Carmen is probably my favorite guest star...
                                Maybe he'll be back in the same episode that Fraiser's back.

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X