Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by tsaxlady
    If you have not seen this new thread check it out http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11325 Martin Gero is a writer for Stargate and he was at the con this past weekend in Vancouver. He was at the GW dinner Fri night and he lead some of the set tours on Sat. Although he does more with Atlantis he is writting some for SG-1 S9 - He was great on the set tour -
    Well he answered my Atlantis questions (a couple a little vaguely) but unfortunately did not answer my Sam and McKay question....

    Thanks for your answers! Can't wait for Duet (feel free to give us any spoilers you just can't contain )

    Were the takes that McKay did in Letters from Pegasus really deleted or did Sam get to see him expressing that he's still carrying a torch for her?

    Along those same lines, will we have a chance in the near (or distant) future to see Carter/McKay together? Their scenes together are always thoroughly entertaining...as are Sam's expressions of extreme irritation at his grating criticisms of her at work...and it would be really funny if he didn't know that she saw his "confession" of his feelings for her when they met up again...

    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

    Comment


      Originally posted by ChopinGal

      And I think you will find Sam a very likeable and easy-on-the-eyes character. Ha! That's the understatement of the year: she is stunningly beautiful and a very good actor too.
      ChopinGal, to be perfectly honest I've already developed a distinct *feel* for Sam from the screengrabs posted on here - she's definitely a right bonnie lass (translation: an extremely good-looking person of the female gender)...

      Originally posted by ForeverSg1


      I love how you can sit with your television's volume turned off and still get the mood of a scene simply by watching Amanda's facial expressions. She's so beautifully expressive with her eyes and face, you can truly feel how tense this moment was in Redemption without ever hearing a word.

      Kat
      ... and if there's one thing I do find attractive above all else, it's an expressive face.

      1s4S
      Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 20 April 2005, 03:15 AM.

      Comment


        It's very quiet round here today - where is everybody?

        In fact, it's so quiet I can almost hear myself think.... ooh, that wasn't a very nice thought. I'm starting to scare myself now...

        Comment


          Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
          ChopinGal, to be perfectly honest I've already developed a distinct *feel* for Sam from the screengrabs posted on here - she's definitely a right bonnie lass (translation: an extremely good-looking person of the female gender)...
          1s4S
          You *have* to watch the season7 episode 'Chimera' then...
          /me goes off for a long cold shower....

          Comment


            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Okay.

            Here's one for you.

            The klaxons sound. A wormhole has been established. The new SGC CO asks for confirmation, and yes, Walter states that it is Colonel Carter's IDC.

            The iris opens and moments later...

            Lt. Col. Samuel Carter runs through the stargate.

            Everyone's stunned by his appearance and he's left wondering why everyone thinks he should be a woman.

            ROTFLOL!!!

            do you know that there is a fic like that coming out in a zine this spring???

            seriously. It's written by SelDear and deals with Samuel Carter coming to the sgc
            I beta'd it so i got a sneak peek
            Where in the World is George Hammond?


            sigpic

            Comment


              I think a lot of keeping the circumstances of sam's return quiet is because it's one of the last draws they have left.

              ok, so bb will bring in a few fans. Not nearly enough to compensate for the passionate jack/rda fans who will be bailing. MS has his fans, but again, not enough to compensate for rda/Jack. and anyway, MS/Daniel fans won't be joining the fandom, they're already here and won't compensate for the loss of rda/jack fans in any way

              I have a funny feeling that Sam/Amanda coming back will be a bit of a big deal. Generally speaking, there are three large groups in the fandom, teh daniel fans, jack fans, sam/jack fans, so focusing on her character just a bit will help to build interest in a season that, to me, as of now is far from enticing

              right now the interest that i have in the first ones is just to watch and see how much of a sexual innuendo clad train wreck they can be. I'm keeping my expectations very, very low. it's easier that way
              Where in the World is George Hammond?


              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                You *have* to watch the season7 episode 'Chimera' then...
                /me goes off for a long cold shower....
                Hmmm... (thinks: will the Royal Accountant get suspicious if I ask to see that episode first?)

                Comment


                  Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  Hmmm... (thinks: will the Royal Accountant get suspicious if I ask to see that episode first?)
                  Haha, just say that you wanna join in on the Pete bashing

                  Comment


                    re: no info. about Sam from the Vancouver convention

                    Question for anyone who was there: Did any convention-goers ask about Sam?

                    If not, that's the easy (and disappointing) explanation about why not much info. on Sam.

                    OTOH, if several people asked and were evaded, that is more promising regarding big stuff for Sam.

                    Right now, I have a sinking feeling that no news is NOT good news and that PTB are just going to play it as "ho hum, Sam's back, nice to see ya', now let's deal with crisis of the week, save the planet, galaxy, or universe" plot and move on.

                    hrh

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                      Haha, just say that you wanna join in on the Pete bashing
                      And that would be Oz slang for... ?

                      Comment


                        I think Sam and Thor are working on a cure for whatever plague may figure into the early S9 storylines. That could be the "grave" reason Sam comes back: to report progress or no progress on the research. Either could propel the storylines forward.

                        Something that important would also explain what tore her away from Jack and the SGC so soon after their "breakthrough." When I'm not in worry mode, I still believe the S/J ship will be confirmed either in already-shot scenes or through dialogue. TPTB can confirm it now and let it just "be there".....without having to write around it every week. It preserves the integrity of the characters without forcing the ship down the throats of the anti-shippers each week.

                        Amanda is the star of the show now, and I think her presence and leadership will be exploited for as long as they can keep her. I still hope a movie might be made. I'm sure RDA and AT would both be in for that.....shorter work sked. If they're planning on multiple more seasons of SG-1, they've got this year to build up Cam and Lam.....and if Amanda were to leave, don't you think they could get Claudia Black to come on the team?

                        And, with Sam and Jack definitely a couple (to be exploited for guest shots during ratings periods), I believe the "ship" stories will go in a new direction. Maybe Daniel and Dr. Lam? Cameron & Dr. Lam? Cameron and the guest star of the week? Maybe Teal'c and Ishta (After all, Jolene Blalock has wrapped up Enterprise now).

                        What do you think?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          You *have* to watch the season7 episode 'Chimera' then...
                          /me goes off for a long cold shower....
                          ROFL... I'm a bit curious as to what AT might say in the Illustrated Companion about dress she wore in that episode and how much it revealed. She definitely wasn't going to get mistaken for a boy that's for sure.

                          I recently bought the Illustrated Companions and last night I read the season 1-2 book. I thought AT's comments for Emancipation were quite amusing.

                          "I just remember that dress," shudders AT. Refering to the diaphanous blue affair which showed more than a suggestion of cleavage, she grins, "When the SG-1 guys and crew first saw it they all went 'Woohoo!' I just looked at them and said, 'You know guys, smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors. There's a lot of push me-pull you working here.' That's all it ever was and is all it's ever going to be!"

                          I'm sure she had a great time showing Sam's more feminine side and she really looked great in that espisode, especially the opening scene. It's funny being female myself... I'm so used to Sam always just looking like one of the guys that when that scene started the first thing I thought of to myself was 'Wow...Sam really cleans up nice'. Unlike with Emancipation where I sat there staring at the television asking myself 'Egads...what the hell is she wearing??'

                          I could definitely see myself responding like Sam if I was caught dead in that get-up they had her in. The dress in itself wasn't so bad...ok it was bad...but the headdress...*shivers*.

                          Kat
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 20 April 2005, 08:54 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by hrh36
                            re: no info. about Sam from the Vancouver convention

                            Question for anyone who was there: Did any convention-goers ask about Sam?

                            If not, that's the easy (and disappointing) explanation about why not much info. on Sam.

                            OTOH, if several people asked and were evaded, that is more promising regarding big stuff for Sam.

                            Right now, I have a sinking feeling that no news is NOT good news and that PTB are just going to play it as "ho hum, Sam's back, nice to see ya', now let's deal with crisis of the week, save the planet, galaxy, or universe" plot and move on.

                            hrh
                            Hmm yet another episode spoiler was released today and there is absolutely NO mention of Sam in it. *Grumble*

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              I think Sam and Thor are working on a cure for whatever plague may figure into the early S9 storylines. That could be the "grave" reason Sam comes back: to report progress or no progress on the research. Either could propel the storylines forward.

                              Something that important would also explain what tore her away from Jack and the SGC so soon after their "breakthrough." When I'm not in worry mode, I still believe the S/J ship will be confirmed either in already-shot scenes or through dialogue. TPTB can confirm it now and let it just "be there".....without having to write around it every week. It preserves the integrity of the characters without forcing the ship down the throats of the anti-shippers each week.

                              Amanda is the star of the show now, and I think her presence and leadership will be exploited for as long as they can keep her. I still hope a movie might be made. I'm sure RDA and AT would both be in for that.....shorter work sked. If they're planning on multiple more seasons of SG-1, they've got this year to build up Cam and Lam.....and if Amanda were to leave, don't you think they could get Claudia Black to come on the team?

                              And, with Sam and Jack definitely a couple (to be exploited for guest shots during ratings periods), I believe the "ship" stories will go in a new direction. Maybe Daniel and Dr. Lam? Cameron & Dr. Lam? Cameron and the guest star of the week? Maybe Teal'c and Ishta (After all, Jolene Blalock has wrapped up Enterprise now).

                              What do you think?
                              Personally I'm not a shipper in general. Since it's beginnings I have loved the show, the characters, the storylines, the adventure. I fell in love with the characters of Sam and Jack...and in time found myself drawn into their personal feelings for one another. I think I liked it because it was very subtle... at least in the beginning. You could take it or leave it. I know it bothers some that it's been eight years now and we haven't seen these two shacked up, but I for one am actually quite happy we haven't. I think it's what has made their relationship that much more special in terms of television couples. It takes a unique step beyond just a physical relationship. AT and RDA have done a exemplary job of expressing deep concern, respect and love between these two characters without giving an impression that their relationship is driving purely on desire. It is for this reason and this reason only that I call myself a S/J shipper. Because I truly love this unique relationshp between these two wonderful characters.

                              As for other relationships... I don't mine seeing Teal'c and Ishta together on screen. I think it's nice to see Teal'c in a less than formal atmosphere where he can let down his barriers for a bit and just be himself. However, I would not continue watching the show simply to see this type of interaction.

                              However, I abhor the relationship I saw in "Prometheus Unbound". The fact that the producers really seem to think that this was a great episode and that Vala/Daniel had great chemistry (the reason for bringing Vala back for five episodes) makes me shudder. I'm truly frightened that this is the direction Stargate is taking.

                              I read in the companion last night that RDA absolutely hated the "Hathor" episode and the character of Hathor. Perhaps it was because she used sex as a means to take control over the men of SGC. In my opinion Daniel was raped in the episode, but as horrible as this all was... the show is one of my favorites because it was taken somewhat seriously. Hathor was a serious threat to the SGC and it allowed us to see the women of the SGC show what they were made of. There were some lighter moments to the show but never once did I feel they were making a big joke out what was happening to the men.

                              But Prometheus Unbound was nothing more than a sexual romp that the producers and writers seem to think was extremely funny. I sat for 60 minutes trying to find some reason to like the episode and the character of Vala and came up with nothing. I found Vala's character to be sexually crude and extremely manipulative. I really do not enjoy watching women being beaten or hit, but I found myself staring at the television thinking... 'For god sakes Daniel beat the cr*p out of her!' I hated how she treated Daniel and more so how he was once again made to look weak and incapable of taking care of himself. I understand he's not in the miliatry, but after nine years even someone like Daniel should have learned a few things. My fourteen year old has been taking KungFu for two years and he can probably defend himself better than Daniel already.

                              I'm really bothered that we have now been given information of nearly eight episodes and not one really gives more than a glimmer of what Sam will be doing next season. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook and be happy that we have yet another season with our SG Team. I know some people are true shippers. They enjoy watching the relationships on the show. I understand that completely. I want to see relationships grow as well. I want to see a real bond between Sam and Teal'c.. I want to see the relationship grow and expand between Sam and Daniel... between Teal'c and Daniel. This is my team...this is the reason I have watched Stargate for the past eight years.

                              I just hope that when TPTB say that I'm going to be 'floored' by season nine that it's in a good way and not by another episode like PU. I apologize to anyone who enjoyed PU. Perhaps I just have the wrong sense of humour to truly enjoy it. Maybe if what we saw was only 5 or 10 minutes within the episode it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but 48 minutes was a bit too much for my taste.

                              And to get back on topic...


                              HERE'S HOPING WE SEE SAM
                              BACK IN ACTION WITH THE TEAM SOON!!!
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 20 April 2005, 10:35 AM.

                              Comment


                                Martin Gero answered my other question! (Well, he side-swiped it because it was way too spoilerish) but at least he responded!

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Thanks for your answers! Can't wait for Duet (feel free to give us any spoilers you just can't contain )

                                Were the takes that McKay did in Letters from Pegasus really deleted or did Sam get to see him expressing that he's still carrying a torch for her?

                                Along those same lines, will we have a chance in the near (or distant) future to see Carter/McKay together? Their scenes together are always thoroughly entertaining...as are Sam's expressions of extreme irritation at his grating criticisms of her at work...and it would be really funny if he didn't know that she saw his "confession" of his feelings for her when they met up again...


                                Sadly , I'm very good at containing spoliers...trust me, you'll want to see the funny on the screen instead of me telling you about it here.

                                As to whether you’ll see Carter and McKay together this season…we’d love to see it happen. It’s just a question of finding the right story and the right time…see one of my earlier posts.

                                ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X