Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal
    Oh, that was hard. I almost didn't vote. I guess I should answer my own question now.

Spoiler:
    I would have prefered a Friends parody to Teengate. I would want a scene in the coffee shop, but I'm torn on what part AT would play. Rachal was my favorite so that would be cool (with RDA as Ross), but I love AT's comedic timing so I wouldn't mind seeing her as Phoebe.
    Spoiler:
    Let's see I put Sam as Monica, she is the smartest one (I think) , which would put Jack as Chandler, because they do end up together Now let's see, Teal'c does have an apetite so he would be Joey which would leave Daniel as Ross, he also has a PhD Now for Rachel it would have to be Janet, she is smarter than Phoebe who I guess would have to be Vala
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

As for missed spoof opportunities in 200:

Spoiler:
      They so totally should have spoofed Atlantis. I know, I know, it probably would have cut a little too close to the quick, but it still would have been perfect.

Just imagine it. Sam whining and snarking about as Rodney; Teal'c with dreadlocks, silly toy gun, and an irrationally intractable attitude as Ronon; Mitchell aping the same exact cookie cutter character, John Sheppard (twins much?); Vala, again resplendent in all her buxom glory as Teyla; and Daniel clucking about as a mother hen doing Weir. They could have done any number of scenes from any number of episodes over again, riffing on the fact that Atlantis itself just does SG-1 stories over and over again. Granted, with Unnatural Selection Progeny and Legacy The Real World having just aired it would have been a bold acknowledgment, but I still would have liked to have seen it. If you're going to go on and on about "hanging a lantern", you might as well make it a good one. Or, as in this case, just erect a friggin' lighthouse.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

Spoiler:
        They so totally should have spoofed Atlantis. I know, I know, it probably would have cut a little too close to the quick, but it still would have been perfect.

Just imagine it. Sam whining and snarking about as Rodney; Teal'c with dreadlocks, silly toy gun, and an irrationally intractable attitude as Ronon; Mitchell aping the same exact cookie cutter character, John Sheppard (twins much?); Vala, again resplendent in all her buxom glory as Teyla; and Daniel clucking about as a mother hen doing Weir. They could have done any number of scenes from any number of episodes over again, riffing on the fact that Atlantis itself just does SG-1 stories over and over again. Granted, with Unnatural Selection Progeny and Legacy The Real World having just aired it would have been a bold acknowledgment, but I still would have liked to have seen it. If you're going to go on and on about "hanging a lantern", you might as well make it a good one. Or, as in this case, just erect a friggin' lighthouse.
        rotflolol

THAT woulda been funny
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

missed spoof idea

Spoiler:
          what about JAG ... high flying air force pilot turned lawyer of course I would want RDA to play Harm and AT as Mac

Comment

evening everyone

i've just watched space race for the first time, not quite sure how i missed it the first time round. i thought it was really good, and AT was fab, and we had a lot of sam in the ep which is always good. Very glad that i've ordered season 7 today.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              ooh, here's a spoof idea
              Spoiler:
              stargate csi - solving the criminal cases of the universe
              Oh that would've been great! There are a lot of parallels (that I see) between all of the characters that would've been interesting to see...

Now, how about...

Spoiler:
              Law and Order: SG-1 and Cold Gate? Or G.R. (Gate Room)? I still think they should've spoofed Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Spoiler:
                Let's see I put Sam as Monica, she is the smartest one (I think) , which would put Jack as Chandler, because they do end up together Now let's see, Teal'c does have an apetite so he would be Joey which would leave Daniel as Ross, he also has a PhD Now for Rachel it would have to be Janet, she is smarter than Phoebe who I guess would have to be Vala
                I like how you think!!!!! you just have it all figured out!!!

Spoiler:
                But what scene or ep do we want to see a parodie of??? I mean there are so many greats scenes in friends...wich one would you love to see with the SG1 cast???
                Anyone up for a FF writing about that??? I would love to read something like that...***hint hint hint***

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                  I like how you think!!!!! you just have it all figured out!!!

Spoiler:
                  But what scene or ep do we want to see a parodie of??? I mean there are so many greats scenes in friends...wich one would you love to see with the SG1 cast???
                  Anyone up for a FF writing about that??? I would love to read something like that...***hint hint hint***

Spoiler:
                  Oh how about the episode where Monica (Sam) is trying to hide that she and Chandler (Jack) are having an affair, and she is in bed with (Jack) hiding under the covers How's that Sal
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

http://www.stargate-sg1.be/modules.p...nails&album=48 Lot's of more pictures from this web link.

Christopher and Amanda!
                    Last edited by roseblue; 26 August 2006, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh how about the episode where Monica (Sam) is trying to hide that she and Chandler (Jack) are having an affair, and she is in bed with (Jack) hiding under the covers How's that Sal
                      I LOVE IT!!! I think it would be so funny to see how that would go in SG1.

Mandy is their any change you write a fic about it??

ooh a little warning here, if you are not a Sam/Jack shipper I don't think you should read this

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                        I LOVE IT!!! I think it would be so funny to see how that would go in SG1.

Mandy is their any change you write a fic about it??

ooh a little warning here, if you are not a Sam/Jack shipper I don't think you should read this
                        Hmmm? I'm not sure....I'd have to give it some thought, because I'm not sure if I would write them as Sam and Jack or as Monica and Chandler
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Okayyyy......

Spoiler:

I loved it up until the puppets. I thought it was quick, funny and clever. Lines like "Never underestimate your fans" and "there'll be spoilers" etc were priceless little digs. Oh, and the bit where Cam says "Get someone to replace him" and gets shot down! ROFL!

The puppet scene I was torn on. I mean... it was quite fun seeing them do their famous lines, the quotes that define the characters. However, I found that section long winded and a little boring at times.

As for the actor bit at the end... I personally found it quite funny. At least the Amanda and Michael spoofs. I wasn't really taken with the Rick one. Foul language isn't something I find particularly funny. Plus, I don't think the actor bit is something that the average viewer would have found funny.

I was fully expecting the "party" on the other side with the 200 cake as featured in the papers and a big gathering of all the different races and things.
                          That woulda been cool. Rather than
                          Spoiler:
                          the Wormhole Extreme commentaries going on so long.

Geez, I know this is a very late response, but I didn't want to read more spoilers about the ep til I saw it/ 30 pages later....

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ahhh so *this* is Samanda

I saw most of Space Race today, but I missed the beginning... do we actually see her arrive on a motorbike? Duuude... *that* I wanna see...

Spoiler:
                            I really need to re-watch 200 but I loved the puppets scene as far as I remember. The spinning quote was the best in the episode IMO Never expected to hear that from Gen Hammond!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by myblackrose
                              Ahhh so *this* is Samanda
                              ...yes...it is....<niggling sensation in back of mind>...oh shoot <scrambles>

welcome

Originally posted by myblackrose
                              I saw most of Space Race today, but I missed the beginning... do we actually see her arrive on a motorbike? Duuude... *that* I wanna see...
                              no, just probable thunk warning this
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                It could have been on of Matins ideas and the rest of the team would go: Hmm that sounds familiar LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X