Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Hmm... A movie with Gillian Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Lucy Lawless AND Richard Dean Anderson?

Somewhere the Earth is quaking at the thought...
    Between the Stargate fans, the MacGyver fans, the Xenites and the X-Files fans, they'd have more than a few guaranteed viewers, that's for certain.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      Between the Stargate fans, the MacGyver fans, the Xenites and the X-Files fans, they'd have more than a few guaranteed viewers, that's for certain.

... and I fit into *3* of those catagories so do i count as 3 people?
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
        ... and I fit into *3* of those catagories so do i count as 3 people?
        If you go to see the film three times, you do.

I went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" four times when it was in the cinema, dragging someone else along with me two of those times.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I'd like to see Amanda in some sort of investigative series, where her character could have a wicked sense of humour, just because you are investigating something, doesn't mean you have to be serious all the time.
          How's that for a run-on sentence
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            If you go to see the film three times, you do.

I went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" four times when it was in the cinema, dragging someone else along with me two of those times.
            I saw LotR: FotR *7*!!! times at the cinema because I knew so many people that wanted to watch it! It's my least favourite part of the Trilogy (for obvious reasons lol!)

Sorry, back OT, yeah my mum thinks they should put a Stargate at the end of Coronation Street to liven it up a bit! I *almost* wrote a fic about it but then realised how stupid it sounded (even though snarky David Platt kinda worked playing off against Jack's snark quite well...)

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              I'd like to see Amanda in some sort of investigative series, where her character could have a wicked sense of humour, just because you are investigating something, doesn't mean you have to be serious all the time.
              How's that for a run-on sentence
              See my earlier post. DI Susan Alembic is PERFECT from Amanda (Tapping) because she's got a really dry sense of humour!

Comment

I saw LotR: FotR *7*!!! times at the cinema because I knew so many people that wanted to watch it! It's my least favourite part of the Trilogy (for obvious reasons lol!)

Sorry, back OT, yeah my mum thinks they should put a Stargate at the end of Coronation Street to liven it up a bit! I *almost* wrote a fic about it but then realised how stupid it sounded (even though snarky David Platt kinda worked playing off against Jack's snark quite well...)
                I saw FotR 9 times. *deepspace is a little bit obsessed*
                I'm not even going to mention how many times I went to see the following two...

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

See my earlier post. DI Susan Alembic is PERFECT from Amanda (Tapping) because she's got a really dry sense of humour!
                  I saw your post, I just didn't know the character you were referring to
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                    I saw FotR 9 times. *deepspace is a little bit obsessed*
                    I'm not even going to mention how many times I went to see the following two...
                    Hee, hee FotR is worth watching just for Orlando Bloom's cute little run lol! And to keep this on topic
                    Spoiler:
                    do you think that Sam will play Lady Galadriel in '200'? Sure looks like her!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      I saw your post, I just didn't know the character you were referring to
                      It was a one-off series that (the BBC?) made with Nick from 'My Family' and Amanda Donohoe as two English Detectives but it wasn't a typical British detective show. The two main characters had a really quirky sense of humour and they played off each other really well to make the show rather funny at times without losing credibility as a drama - she's cool, trust me!

It's a real shame they only made one season of it!

Comment

Here's one of my favourite Sam pics

and here's one of my favourite of Amanda
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                          Oh, I have no doubts about AT doing a great job! She always gives 100%! I just want her new costars and writers to do a good job, too.

This morning, I was thinking about how much AT loves Lucille Ball and about how many classic movies have been remade (and modernized) lately. I'd love to see AT remake a Lucille Ball movie. Unfortunately, my top choice Yours, Mine, and Ours has already been done. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mame or The Long, Long Trailer, but I don't know how they could modernize them. Anybody have any ideas on a classic remake (or am I the only one who watches old movies)?

lucille ball has been brought up before, and i've asked this question before; where did amanda say that lucy was an actress she liked? i've read all of amanda's interviews, and i don't remember her stating this. link please?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                            Oh Anybody have any ideas on a classic remake (or am I the only one who watches old movies)?
                            not that this is really an 'old' movie, but i'd LOVE to see amanda in 'only when i laugh'. for an actress, this was a tour de force of acting opportunities. and i KNOW amanda could tackle it and win an award in the process!!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Hee, hee FotR is worth watching just for Orlando Bloom's cute little run lol! And to keep this on topic
                              Spoiler:
                              do you think that Sam will play Lady Galadriel in '200'? Sure looks like her!
                              Spoiler:
                              According to the spoilers it is not LOTR. So its not Galadriel (sp)

That would have been cool!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                not that this is really an 'old' movie, but i'd LOVE to see amanda in 'only when i laugh'. for an actress, this was a tour de force of acting opportunities. and i KNOW amanda could tackle it and win an award in the process!!

sally
                                /me makes mental note to see film soon

Comment

Working...
                                X