Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate gal
    I had long blonde hair for awhile, and my hubby didn't want me to cut it until I offered to get a Sam Carter cut. Suddenly, he was all for it! I don't think I'll take him with me if I ever meet AT at a convention.
    Hee, hee that might be wise. My dad didn't like Amanda at all until he met her and then he suddenly decided that she was rather nice! Honestly, I've never met anyone who has met her and not thought she was one of the loveliest people they've ever met but, man, is she tall! I'm 5' 3" in heels and she was almost bent double having a photo taken with me lol! I could praise Amanda's admirable qualities for a good few pages but I won't. Suffice it to say she's a truly amazing person and role model.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

hi eveyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
        hi eveyone!
        Olá

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i notice her canadian on hello

in forsaken, when she looks into the crashed ship, she goes helllooooooo
          Most of the time, Amanda does a very good job with her American accent because I rarely hear anything Canadian sounding, but on occassions it does slip out.

In Lost City II, when Sam and Daniel are discussing Jack's crossword puzzle answers I definitely noticed an accent on the word body.

DANIEL: Well, why else would you do that? (Sam takes the puzzle from Daniel and looks at it.)

CARTER: The clue for seven down is ‘celestial body’ and he wrote ‘Uma Thurman’.

O’NEILL (smiling): Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Most of the time, Amanda does a very good job with her American accent because I rarely hear anything Canadian sounding, but on occassions it does slip out.

In Lost City II, when Sam and Daniel are discussing Jack's crossword puzzle answers I definitely noticed an accent on the word body.

DANIEL: Well, why else would you do that? (Sam takes the puzzle from Daniel and looks at it.)

CARTER: The clue for seven down is ‘celestial body’ and he wrote ‘Uma Thurman’.

O’NEILL (smiling): Yes!
            not to be snarky, really but how is that different from the American way to say body, sounds like bod (rhymes with odd) e as in eek.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              not to be snarky, really but how is that different from the American way to say body, sounds like bod (rhymes with odd) e as in eek.
              It just does. (now THAT'S snarky) *grins cheesily*

Okay...see...when she said "body"...it's like there's a slight "w" sound before the "o" and is really noticable, to me at least, and clearly to Kat too.

I also notice it when she says the word "resources"...the first "s" sounds suspiciously like a "z" (or, for you, a ZED).

*ducks for cover*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                Just a quick note: SCI-FI is airing a special "behind the 200th episode" at 8PM on Friday, in case anyone didn't already know. I saw it on a commerical tonight, otherwise I never would've known.

Sorry if someone posted this already.
                Thanks for the reminder. I just set my TIVO to record it and noticed that SciFi is running SG-1 all day on Friday. Tok'ra I and II, Nemesis, Small Victories, Wormhole X-Treme, Prometheus, Unnatural Selection, Fallen, Homecoming, Lost City I and II. Then Eureka, the special, ep 200 and Atlantis. The normal repeats of SG-1 and Atlantis and then a repeat of the special. Seventeen hours of Stargate. Woo Hoo!

NC

Comment

I guess I don't pay so much attention. I didn't think 'body' sounded different. There are a few words that jump out sometimes, but hardly ever. I really notice Canadian accents on SGA. Like when McKay says ZedPM, or how they say been. Not been like Ben, but been like...well, you know how they pronounce it.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                    Seventeen hours of Stargate. Woo Hoo!

NC

I can't wait.....Friday can't get here soon enough!

Comment

Yes, that's helpful, Mandy, considering WE CAN'T HEAR YOU say 'odd'.

I was just settling down to READ *cough* when I made the mistake of checking this thread. I had to turn the equipment back on and dialup disc #49.

AT's body was weird. *snicker* The 'o' was too far back.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        It just does. (now THAT'S snarky) *grins cheesily*

Okay...see...when she said "body"...it's like there's a slight "w" sound before the "o" and is really noticable, to me at least, and clearly to Kat too.

I also notice it when she says the word "resources"...the first "s" sounds suspiciously like a "z" (or, for you, a ZED).

*ducks for cover*

No need to duck Oooobs, I can go either way when it comes to a Z
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*pouts*

Teasing you ain't any fun unless you whack me over the head or somethin.'

*continues pouting*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            *pouts*

Teasing you ain't any fun unless you whack me over the head or somethin.'

*continues pouting*

Awww okay Ooobs, its Zed!
                            and this one is big enough to hit you and DEM
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Good for you Mandy! What a well adusted individual! Unlike some people who get hysterical if their U does not have an umlaut over it.

(((UUUUUUUUUbbbbberrrrrrrr)))))

Suse
                              grin, duck and run
                              Last edited by suse; 15 August 2006, 09:10 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle

I can't wait.....Friday can't get here soon enough!
                                This week really is dragging, isn't it? And I have to wait until Saturday!! I am coming home and watching 200 before I pick up my kids. Hopefully, hubby will still be at work and I can enjoy it the first time in silence. I really hope Sam says
                                Spoiler:
                                Holy Hannah again.
                                That cracked me up!

Comment

Working...
                                X