Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    I looked at that. I was actually reading it backwards! Don't ask me why, cause I have no idea. I guess it's because I have this bad habit of reading the end first. I even do that with books! I flip to the last page and see what happened.
    Spoiler:
    I was like what did Jack do to her! Oh, evil Jack was scary. And poor Sam! But I'm glad things were ok. Oh, yeah, I liked Jonas in there too!

Congrats on 2000!
    L.A. you are every writers nightmare! You're not supposed to read the ending first Bad bad girl

And thanks
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      L.A. you are every writers nightmare! You're not supposed to read the ending first Bad bad girl

I know! I know! *hangs head in shame * But the first line of the last chapter really caught my attention!

But please, fellow Samandans, start at the beginning! For Mandy's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        sam, on the other hand, has more confidence than rod does. more practicality, more awareness of hte real world.
        I'd argue that. Both of them are very confident. That's why McKay argues so strongly in support of his own opinions - he's confident in his beliefs. I've seen someone else put forth that Rodney is Competitive and Ambitious; Sam is Altruistic and Ambitious. I think it's putting those personalities up against each other is what makes Sam and Rodney so enjoyable to watch Rodney challenges Sam (something that doesn't usually happen. The only other person who's presented as a genius on SG1 is Daniel, but he's in a completely different field so he tends to be supportive) and Sam is able to knock Rodney down a few pegs and remind him that there is more to it than his ego (again, something that doesn't usually happen. Rodney had never really come across anyone who he considered to be as smart (or smarter ) than himself, so he does take heart of Sam's viewpoints). To outward appearances, I think most people would be expecting them to go pistols at 10 paces, but they do genuinly respect each other on the inside.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
        Sam is grace under pressure. McKay is...not.
        I don't agree with that either Atlantis has proved that McKay is able to handle himself quite well (The Storm/The Eye and The Seige 1,2 and 3 are good examples). He responds differently under pressure of course, he tends to get much more arrogant for example, but he still holds up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          I don't agree with that either Atlantis has proved that McKay is able to handle himself quite well (The Storm/The Eye and The Seige 1,2 and 3 are good examples). He responds differently under pressure of course, he tends to get much more arrogant for example, but he still holds up to it.
          Ok, well, I've never seen Sam freak out, at least I don't think she has. Rodney I have for sure. Let's just say I'd rather have Sam around in a life or death situation!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Can I just say here how much I love Patrick McKenna? I have a very soft spot for Felger...the loser who will never fit in. I adored the way he and Amanda played off each other to make their scenes together really, REALLY funny. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope you all did too. I also hope we can see him at least one more time as I really miss the guy.
            i adore patrick! i think he's a truly funny guy (great comic timing).

and i miss felger too...

(snip)

So I'm looking for them to become friends where sometimes Vala's a bit off the wall and Sam plays straightman to her (like she did so brilliantly with Felger); but now more self confident in her snarkage, she takes more and more swipes at Vala, earning more of Vala's respect by proving she's not a floormat. Since Sam doesn't have to worry about military issues with regard to how she relates with Vala, I hope they let Sam be free to play off of Vala and for them to build a true, deep and rich slightly antagonistic friendship.
            i have some hopes for a sam-vala relationship too, but i'm afraid to hope for too much. (season 9 kind of sucked that out of me )

i have such little hopes for mitchell (concerning them fixing him to my specifications ), so i'm hoping that at least vala can be written to 'fit in' with the rest.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

*bows down to NearlyCircular*

Thank you SO much for re-posting these!

As well thank you for the warnings, Femslash is generall right out for me as it's usually with Janet, and I can't stand that.

However, i've yet to encounter a whumping style or the like that I can't read.

I'm most excited to start going through these!!!!!!! *jumps up and down*

Congrats Mandy on 2000!!! I'll be making my 1000 soon...!

On a COMPLETLEY OT point...

EDMONTON OILERS WON 4-0 IN GAME 6, WE’RE GOING TO GAME 7 FINALS MONDAY NIGHT!!!

CANADA FOR STANLEY CUP, WOOOOOHHHH!!!!!

Sry if there's any Carolina Supporters here, I've just got to speak up for my team, I hope you understand!
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

PS... I agree, where is everyone? We've fallen behind as the second-most viewed thread in GateWorld by 1500 views!! nooo.
                i had to work!

i mean really, why can't they just understand that i NEED to be here and play on the sam thread? what's so hard for them to get! but no, i have to work to get money. hello, sam/amanda comes first! *sighs*

but anyhoo, i was working. but i'm not now and i'm here now and i'll shut up now!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

oobs, i watched your great vid 'that girl' again... wonderful!!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

As well thank you for the warnings, Femslash is generall right out for me as it's usually with Janet, and I can't stand that.
                    Not that there is really that many dark femslash fic anyway... Though I have read a few

Comment

*Congrats Mandy on 2000!!! I'll be making my 1000 soon...!

On a COMPLETLEY OT point...

EDMONTON OILERS WON 4-0 IN GAME 6, WE’RE GOING TO GAME 7 FINALS MONDAY NIGHT!!!

Sry if there's any Carolina Supporters here, I've just got to speak up for my team, I hope you understand!
                      Thanks MS congrats on your soon to be promotion

Oh and to also go OT,I hope so too

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        maybe they're off trying to book tickets for avalon or something. you'd think we'd be more important than that.
                        I'm here. Just....ick. Feeling tired and run down today. Too much with the allergies lately, and the benadryl.

But I'm reading. And I still love Sam and Amanda!

Comment

I posted this on the Samanda Whinge Nuts thread, and someone suggested I should post it here. so here it is... Thanks Astro!!

I saw a great video clip today a fan posted on their video picks. It's about 5 minutes long and it's on one of the websites (YouTube.com) that has AT's latest Stargate commercial. The clip is labeled Sam Carter Character Profile. I think if you go to AT’s website or AT’s Yahoo group they may be able to direct you to the correct website. I don’t remember which one e-mailed me the commercial.

There is one particular part with J.G. executive producer talks about who Sam Carter as portrayed by Amanda Tapping. There are clips of S1 through S4, so I’m guessing the interview was in s4. Here are his comments ...

"AT as Samantha Carter couldn't be more perfect for the part because, we needed a woman who could be very strong and you believe as a solider. Has combat training and been in some wars. And who is a brilliant scientist. And who is a beautiful woman. Finding an actress that can do all three of those things convincingly is very difficult."

In his own words AT is perfect for the part so why doesn’t she get to play both the strong soldier and brilliant scientist in S9 and S10? Speaking for myself as a woman that has chosen a career in a mostly male dominated field, it’s nice to see her battle through the tough guys that doesn’t think she can do the job. It’s also nice to see her gain the respect and admiration of her teammates and others at the SGC, because it’s been my experience you do have to work harder. You have to do it with a smile on your face and no complaining. You have to prove yourself constantly with each new acquaintance. You have to dot every i and cross every t. She is a strong soldier and a brilliant scientist, a conflict in and of itself, and then you throw her into a field where tough guys dominate. And let’s not forget that maybe she does begin to wonder about having the 2.5 kids and that dream guy that will walk with her through life. Someone to come home to at night after battling the bad guys all day and just feel safe in his arm and not feel like she’s weak or she has to come up with a brilliant plan to save the day. It’s not about being only a woman or only a soldier or only a scientist. It’s about all three. I think there are a lot of stories and conflicts that has built this great character and could continue to build on her character. I was looking forward to see her lead and see some of the same battle/conflicts that arise as a woman in charge. I don’t think Daniel or Teal’c would have a problem, but I think some of the other men who don’t know her that well may have a problem with her leading. Where are those stories?
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 17 June 2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Not that there is really that many dark femslash fic anyway...
                            Where's the het-fic warning?

Comment

for our miss oober. oober spice. the oobs. uber, without the omelet thinger because i don't remember how to do it.

i just watched your 'that girl' vid AGAIN -just love the visuals and the song- and i have a question about a scene at the end.

oh, before i forget; i LOVE how you had a bunch of different scenes going on at the end, all in these neat little boxes. super cool.

k, so the last scene before it went all cubey was with sam and felger behind enemy lines (in s7's 'avenger 2.0). it showed sam trying to put/fit something into her gun, but 'amanda' getting frustrated because it wouldn't go in. now i've heard this is where amanda says something like, 'i'm stargate barbie!', but what i want to know is.... DO YOU HAVE THAT ENTIRE SCENE?!?

uh, do ya?

i really want to see it.

k?

bye.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                for our miss oober. oober spice. the oobs. uber, without the omelet thinger because i don't remember how to do it.

i just watched your 'that girl' vid AGAIN -just love the visuals and the song- and i have a question about a scene at the end.

oh, before i forget; i LOVE how you had a bunch of different scenes going on at the end, all in these neat little boxes. super cool.

k, so the last scene before it went all cubey was with sam and felger behind enemy lines (in s7's 'avenger 2.0). it showed sam trying to put/fit something into her gun, but 'amanda' getting frustrated because it wouldn't go in. now i've heard this is where amanda says something like, 'i'm stargate barbie!', but what i want to know is.... DO YOU HAVE THAT ENTIRE SCENE?!?

uh, do ya?

i really want to see it.

k?

bye.

sally
                                Oh yeah! Do ya? Great vid by the way! Very creative!

Comment

Working...
                                X