Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    About the part in red that I highlighted in your quote, am I recalling correctly that
    Spoiler:
    TPTB nixed more interacton between Shep and Mitchell during this episode, saying they were saving it for the movie?

NC
    NC I have not heard this - I just figured we did not see more of Sheppard because Joe was need for filming of Sateda which filmed about the same time as Pegasus Project.

All in all I rather enjoyed Pegasus Project - anytime Amanda and David H work together I think we are bound to get some great moments - I look forward to Carters return trip to Atlantis later in the season just so I can see how Amanda and David play off each other next.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Go! AT Go! We Love You!
      Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        anyone watched the new sg1 ep tonight? anyone have anything to say about SAM and her parts in the ep? please reply soooon!

sally
        The others have already said much about it... So, I'll only say that I enjoyed it, I'll develop tomorrow, I really need to sleep now (it's 2:15)...

Originally posted by DEM
        I would have been here today to lend my support to fellow non-Sam/Jack Carter-fans, but I was trapped downtown -- literally -- by this: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/28/seattle.shooting/

Hope you're fine !

Originally posted by majorsal
        Pegasus Project
        Spoiler:
        my ONLY complaint is machomitchell is back.

i must say, i'm just soooooo sick of this character that my teeth grind. and with his and sam's scenes so interlocked... it's hard to fastforward through his parts when they impact sam's as well!

but the rest of the ep was fine. i'm finding myself rather befuddled, though, because on the ep thread, ppl are squeeing a lot. what did i miss?...
        Well, I really enjoyed him in this episode, as in the others, I may say... I agree with the part
        Spoiler:
        about the lemon given to Mitchell, and I also find it would have been too simple if it had been given to Sam.

As for Mitchell talking to McKay to stop him, I found it nice, there seems to be a team interaction between Sam and Cameron, and I agree to that.

OK, off to bed ! Good night to you all.

Comment

*wipes brow*

Okay. Shore Leave piccies are done. Two galleries of AT are on the second page (about 47 pix) --- http://pics.livejournal.com/shimmeringstar1/

Enjoy!
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by me
            am I recalling correctly that
            Spoiler:

TPTB nixed more interacton between Shep and Mitchell during this episode, saying they were saving it for the movie?
            Originally posted by tsaxlady
            NC I have not heard this - I just figured we did not see more of Sheppard because Joe was need for filming of Sateda which filmed about the same time as Pegasus Project.
            <snip>
            I hoped that I’d remembered it correctly, but I am getting old and I thought maybe the memory is going. But I finally found the quote in my own living room, in this week’s TV Guide. There’s an article about the crossover episode. All the quotes are from Brad Wright, but the lines in between are from the author of the article, so don’t necessarily represent Brad’s opinions.
            Spoiler:

“Everybody wants crossovers. It’s a great opportunity to showcase actors with chemistry.”

But all those egos together can get a bit sticky.

“Ben Browder and Joe Flanigan clicked and wanted to do a big scene together,” says the producer, who had his alpha-male pilots bond over their tough-guy treatment of beleaguered McKay. “I told them, ‘This is just a little taste. Save the big one for the movie.’”

Yes, a film featuring members of both casts is still a possibility, says Wright.

“But you very much want to keep the characters and the feel of the shows distinct from one another,” he says. “I don’t want it ever to look like they bump into each other more often.”

NC

Comment

I hoped that I’d remembered it correctly, but I am getting old and I thought maybe the memory is going. But I finally found the quote in my own living room, in this week’s TV Guide. There’s an article about the crossover episode. All the quotes are from Brad Wright, but the lines in between are from the author of the article, so don’t necessarily represent Brad’s opinions.
              Spoiler:

“Everybody wants crossovers. It’s a great opportunity to showcase actors with chemistry.”

“Ben Browder and Joe Flanigan clicked and wanted to do a big scene together,” says the producer, who had his alpha-male pilots bond over their tough-guy treatment of beleaguered McKay. “I told them, ‘This is just a little taste. Save the big one for the movie.’”

Yes, a film featuring members of both casts is still a possibility, says Wright.

“But you very much want to keep the characters and the feel of the shows distinct from one another,” he says. “I don’t want it ever to look like they bump into each other more often.”

NC
              Talks about ratings and possible movie
              Spoiler:
              And yet with the rating the way they were for the season's opening episode, I wonder if they will still go that route, with the new characters and crossover, or go with the ratings proven winners of the original SG1 team
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:

NC
                Well there you go I never read the TV Guide article. Thanks for setting me straight -

Hey ShimmeringStar thanks for posting the link to your SL pictures - it so brings back memories. I'm hoping to go again next year.

Oh speaking of articles Kat the writing of the lsat few episodes for the season thing you mentioned to me a few days ago - read about that in the TVZone article on S10 yesterday. As of the writing of that article - they were filming Uninvited at the time the last few episodes of the season only had outlines but no firm scripts. The article did not firmly state it but left me with the impression that they would be finishing the last few episodes of both SG-1 and SGA during the mid season hiatus so we may start hearing about them in the next month or so since filming has started again.
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                  Well there you go I never read the TV Guide article. Thanks for setting me straight -

Hey ShimmeringStar thanks for posting the link to your SL pictures - it so brings back memories. I'm hoping to go again next year.

Oh speaking of articles Kat the writing of the lsat few episodes for the season thing you mentioned to me a few days ago - read about that in the TVZone article on S10 yesterday. As of the writing of that article - they were filming Uninvited at the time the last few episodes of the season only had outlines but no firm scripts. The article did not firmly state it but left me with the impression that they would be finishing the last few episodes of both SG-1 and SGA during the mid season hiatus so we may start hearing about them in the next month or so since filming has started again.
                  That makes sense. I'll be interested to see what's to come. Thanks for EVERYTHING tsaxlady.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I couldn't find the video with the Ba'al clips
                    i want to see the trailer for next weeks episode!!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

The good news is that Amanda is still on the top of the Celeeb poll.

The bad news is that our lead has dropped by more than 400 in the last 12 hrs and is still dropping. We're not in danger of losing the lead yet, but a little help would be appreciated in keeping Amanda on top and way out in front where she deserves to be

Celeeb poll

I haven't had time to watch Friday's ep yet but I shall soon, you all have me real curious about it
                      -

Comment

Shameless plug here
                        You guys might not all be shippers but this vid is all about Sam's POV...I made it for ship day but you guys might like it too...so there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcfBdJAnD5M

I hope it's ok to post...

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                          Sally, you and I are of similar minds... ( I know.)
                          oh, dem, i'm sorry!

gives dem chocalate in condolences

lthough I think (based on your comments) that I enjoyed the ep more than you did, I am completely in agreement about Mitchell.
                          and i really need to watch this ep again. i was in a lousy mood last night, and when i was watching the ep, i just wanted it to end (was extremely uncomfortable were i was sitting). so a second viewing will be filtered of irritants.

Spoiler:
                          Having just finished watching the 2nd airing, it suddenly clicked for me what was the problem with Dan&Vala vs. Carter and Mitchell. First of all, the stories were almost equally 'A' stories, but they were connected only in the most basic of ways (mission to Atlantis). I found that a little hard to adjust to, but not 'unforgivable'.

No, what annoyed me at a 'deeper' level, I think, was the difference in the roles of Daniel and Carter in their respective stories. Daniel was clearly the lead in his story, with Vala his trusted Girl Friday. I don't begrudge Daniel/MS that right at all, yet as much as I don't care for Vala, I couldn't help but be put off by how... beneath CB the writing of her character is. Honestly, I don't know how CB manages to eek anything out of it, and I did feel tonight that she was struggling to find her voice.

However, beyond that, what was bothersome was how Carter/AT didn't have that same power in her story. That was the intrusiveness of Mitchell I was trying to pin down before (@ Whinge Nuts). That is, in the abstract, I'm not sure what the heck Mitchell really had to do with anything; in the past this would have been the kind of ep where O'Neill tossed out a "do your stuff, Capt/Major/Col" and then proceeded to facilitate Carter's plan. In contrast, Mitchell's lines in Pegasus were very managerial. He'd give some 'by your leave' line and I'd think, "Wait, back up. What did I miss? What TF needed his approval?"

Know what I mean?

i know exactly what you mean! there we go agreeing again. are you alright?

i'm just never going to buy mitchell in not only the leader of the team position, but lead of the show. heck, i don't even 'want' to try.

For the spinoff, I want Carter & Teal'c.
                          yes!

they can call it: Stargate: Stripping the Wallpaper.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

It was at the very end of the Pegasus clip.

NC
                            sonofa!...

i misinterpreted the coming attractions. i thought
                            Spoiler:
                            the very last scene, when mitchell yelled 'sam!'... i thought it was baal that was right behind her, but it's... argh, that guy that likes sam that's in the nid! this completely changes the danger!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              If we want to determine who has the strongest accent ... here's the test.
                              We put AT in a room and bring in AD, deepspace, 1speed and Coley. Each one of the contestants has to say only two words at the back of the room and Amanda then has to repeat what she hears.
                              The two words are Crystal Skull.

I already know who will have the strongest accent. It was pre-determined at last year's GABIT.
                              Ok..I'll bite...who???
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey all,

Just had time to watch the latest ep. So thought I'd drop in. Wowsers! I agree with her Oooooberness, I really enjoyed the ep a lot!!

Spoiler:
                                This is the first time in ..... i can't even remember HOW long ..... that I've really laughed and had a good time watching an episode of SG-1, all throughout. I enjoyed every character tonight, including Vala and Mitchell, who managed not to bother me a bit and I felt he had some pretty darn decent moments, too (like when he stood between McKay and Carter and made McKay stop speaking mid(inappropriate)word! LOL, that was a fantastic moment.

Of course a great deal of my enjoyment came from the Sam/McKay snark, too. But I also saw DANIEL back... and he was... DANIEL. Michael really pulled off some great moments in this ep. I love that he wore his glasses (I know, a little thing, but still) and that he was so excited to see Atlantis and to be in the archives at first. The Vala interaction was quite humerous and not overwhelming at all, I loved her digs (I found them appropriate and funny).

Sam's relevance to the episode as both a scientist and a soldier was extremely apparent and intelligently interwoven-I LOVED THAT!-she had a lot to do, and she really shone. Gosh I love episodes like that. We really got to see even more of the differences between the character-types and problem solving skill methodologies of McKay and Carter respectively. The two obviously respect one another, but also obviously have huge issues with one another. Always love seeing more of that, too. I'd completely rate this episode as a Sam Carter episode and slate it into my repertoire for future viewing as such.

The episode was quite well written and the two casts merged famously. It made me wish we could see more overlapping interaction of that caliber and I'm looking forward to the future crossovers now as a result more than ever.

I know this isn't the most eloquent or through provoking post, but I had a long day and I'm wiped. Plain and simple, I HAD FUN watching SG-1 tonight, and for me, that's what it's all about. So I'm giving kudos where kudos are due.

Great ep! I'll definitely re-watch it again.

mini(the happy!)geek
                                Last edited by minigeek; 29 July 2006, 08:01 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Working...
                                X