Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    OK... RE the 200th episode... here is a whimsical direction...
    Spoiler:

Now, I'm *not* looking forward to the 'farce episode'... because I don't handle being made fun of very well... and I know that they are going to make fun of the fans in some of the episode 'sketches'... I love humor, but I don't like the type of humor that makes fun of others (and a lot of humor has its basis in that, so I often find myself wincing or even hurting when I see both the humor in something - and the 'slam' or insult that is inherent)

OK, that aside, I've been really *not* looking forward to the 'puppet sequence' that they keep talking about in the 200th episode... And it now sounds like they are going to be making fun of Carter's COTG feminist diatribe (again)... they'll probably have the puppet Carter be a ball-breaking feminist or some such... Personally, I think they need to stop bringing that scene up (the one where she says her reproductive organs are in the inside...), because every time they bring it up, it reinforces it and gives it more validity. For me, that scene is 10 years ago, Carter never said anything like it again, and it doesn't define the character that developed over the ensuing 10 years. Unless they keep bringing it up. Which they are apparently going to do. Too bad.

So... what popped into my head last night?

A Sam-Vala puppet scene. It must have been Chopingal's influence (after reading her 'hot tub' post!

--------

The Sam and Vala puppets are somewhere together.

The Sam puppet is intently working on some technology of some sort. Something tricky, potentially dangerous, and something that takes all of her attention.

The Vala puppet, on the other hand, doesn't have anything to do... and she's bored... no Daniel puppet around... no other male puppets around to bait conversationally...

So, she's trying to decide how to engage Carter in conversation.

She tries poking around at the various techno-items (doohickeys) that are on the lab table where Carter isn't working.

The Carter puppet ignores her.

She makes a comment or two about Daniel and/or other males on base. Carter replies with non-commital 'uh-huh's or such. Can't tell by Carter's responses if she agrees with Vala or not... in fact, it seems obvious that she really isn't listening to Vala, but is trying to be polite by not completely ignoring her.

There's no true animosity here.
    Carter's just absorbed in some cool doohickey
    and Vala's bored.

Vala realizes that Carter's probably not listening at all to what Vala is really saying... so she says a few outrageous things... Like 'Did you hear that 'Landry was caught snogging with the new alien leader from P5X-395?' (completely making it up to see what Sam's response is).

Sam's response is the same 'Uh-huh'.

So, Vala says another equally outrageous comment. Perhaps about General O'Neill... or Daniel or Cam or Teal'c.... or all of them.

Sam responds with another ''Uh-huh'.

With Sam's inattention now fully proven, Vala goes for the completely overt... yet childish (and yet playful)... she pokes Sam in the arm. (I think this would be completely in character for Vala).

Sam stops and looks at Vala in surprise and consternation. "What?"

Vala gives her a smirky smile. "I'm bored. I thought we could have some girl-talk. Get to know each other. Dish on the guys...?"

One of Sam's eyebrows climb in surprise and slight puzzlement and consternation. "I'm working on this [fill in the technobabble here]"

"You could take a break?" Vala's reply comes with that same smirky smile and an expectation that her wishes will be met (she's bored and wants Carter to amuse her).

"Maybe later." Carter is polite, but turns back to her doohickey.

Poke, poke.

The Vala puppet pokes Carter in the arm again.

They exchange short dialogue as Carter continues to try and work on her doohickey while Vala continues to try and press her into conversation. Vala takes this on as her new purpose for the moment.

Poke, poke.

----

And then...

"Hey!!"...."That's my arm!"

"We can talk later!"

"Yeah, but that was my ARM!"

"You're only a puppet - put it back on.." said with a rolling of the eyes and a tired voice.

-------

The Vala puppet is now with the Daniel puppet.

"Daniel! Look at what Colonel Carter did to me!"

Daniel sees Vala holding her unattached left arm in her right hand.

The Daniel puppet laughs openly. "Ooops, I guess you just learned not to poke Sam when she's working!" And continues laughing.

"She ripped my arm off!" Said with incredulity.

"You poked her!"

"You could have warned me!" Huffily and with accusation.

"Yeah, but it's more fun this way!" The Daniel puppet replies with glee.

The Teal'c puppet enters.

"Teal'c, look at this!" The Vala puppet holds out her torn off puppet arm.

The Teal'c puppet's eyebrow raises. "Never poke Colonel Carter when she is working on a doohickey." Said solemnly and as if it is a truism of life learned at an early age.

"No sympathy? And why didn't you warn me!" In a demanding tone.

"Some things are best learned experientially," Teal'c replies with a grin.

The Cam puppet enters.

"Cam, look at this!" Vala demands, still looking for sympathy, but not expecting it at this time.

"Wow, what happened?" Cam replies sympathetically and with large eyes.

Before Vala can explain, Daniel interjects, "Think carefully here, about your options, Vala"

The Vala puppet stops with her mouth wide open to reply to Cam... looks at Daniel... looks at the Teal'c puppet. Thinks about the fact that Cam doesn't know... yet..

--------

Later... The Cam puppet is with the Sam puppet. The Sam puppet is working on her doohickey and the Cam puppet is now bored. It's been awhile since the others sent him down here to talk with Sam. And she's focussed on her doohickey.

He's bored.

Poke, poke...

--------

Sorry all... this is what happens when my muse is affected by Chopingal's hot tub scenes!

I just couldn't get the image out of my head of the Vala puppet poking the Carter puppet in the arm. Sam's resulting exasperation. And then Vala holding her ripped-off puppet arm and Sam going on with her doohickey work. They are just puppets!

Just wondering if they ever had a scene like that on the Muppets
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      OK... RE the 200th episode... here is a whimsical direction...
      Spoiler:

Now, I'm *not* looking forward to the 'farce episode'... because I don't handle being made fun of very well... and I know that they are going to make fun of the fans in some of the episode 'sketches'... I love humor, but I don't like the type of humor that makes fun of others (and a lot of humor has its basis in that, so I often find myself wincing or even hurting when I see both the humor in something - and the 'slam' or insult that is inherent)

OK, that aside, I've been really *not* looking forward to the 'puppet sequence' that they keep talking about in the 200th episode... And it now sounds like they are going to be making fun of Carter's COTG feminist diatribe (again)... they'll probably have the puppet Carter be a ball-breaking feminist or some such... Personally, I think they need to stop bringing that scene up (the one where she says her reproductive organs are in the inside...), because every time they bring it up, it reinforces it and gives it more validity. For me, that scene is 10 years ago, Carter never said anything like it again, and it doesn't define the character that developed over the ensuing 10 years. Unless they keep bringing it up. Which they are apparently going to do. Too bad.

So... what popped into my head last night?

A Sam-Vala puppet scene. It must have been Chopingal's influence (after reading her 'hot tub' post!

--------

The Sam and Vala puppets are somewhere together.

The Sam puppet is intently working on some technology of some sort. Something tricky, potentially dangerous, and something that takes all of her attention.

The Vala puppet, on the other hand, doesn't have anything to do... and she's bored... no Daniel puppet around... no other male puppets around to bait conversationally...

So, she's trying to decide how to engage Carter in conversation.

She tries poking around at the various techno-items (doohickeys) that are on the lab table where Carter isn't working.

The Carter puppet ignores her.

She makes a comment or two about Daniel and/or other males on base. Carter replies with non-commital 'uh-huh's or such. Can't tell by Carter's responses if she agrees with Vala or not... in fact, it seems obvious that she really isn't listening to Vala, but is trying to be polite by not completely ignoring her.

There's no true animosity here.
      Carter's just absorbed in some cool doohickey
      and Vala's bored.

Vala realizes that Carter's probably not listening at all to what Vala is really saying... so she says a few outrageous things... Like 'Did you hear that 'Landry was caught snogging with the new alien leader from P5X-395?' (completely making it up to see what Sam's response is).

Sam's response is the same 'Uh-huh'.

So, Vala says another equally outrageous comment. Perhaps about General O'Neill... or Daniel or Cam or Teal'c.... or all of them.

Sam responds with another ''Uh-huh'.

With Sam's inattention now fully proven, Vala goes for the completely overt... yet childish (and yet playful)... she pokes Sam in the arm. (I think this would be completely in character for Vala).

Sam stops and looks at Vala in surprise and consternation. "What?"

Vala gives her a smirky smile. "I'm bored. I thought we could have some girl-talk. Get to know each other. Dish on the guys...?"

One of Sam's eyebrows climb in surprise and slight puzzlement and consternation. "I'm working on this [fill in the technobabble here]"

"You could take a break?" Vala's reply comes with that same smirky smile and an expectation that her wishes will be met (she's bored and wants Carter to amuse her).

"Maybe later." Carter is polite, but turns back to her doohickey.

Poke, poke.

The Vala puppet pokes Carter in the arm again.

They exchange short dialogue as Carter continues to try and work on her doohickey while Vala continues to try and press her into conversation. Vala takes this on as her new purpose for the moment.

Poke, poke.

----

And then...

"Hey!!"...."That's my arm!"

"We can talk later!"

"Yeah, but that was my ARM!"

"You're only a puppet - put it back on.." said with a rolling of the eyes and a tired voice.

-------

The Vala puppet is now with the Daniel puppet.

"Daniel! Look at what Colonel Carter did to me!"

Daniel sees Vala holding her unattached left arm in her right hand.

The Daniel puppet laughs openly. "Ooops, I guess you just learned not to poke Sam when she's working!" And continues laughing.

"She ripped my arm off!" Said with incredulity.

"You poked her!"

"You could have warned me!" Huffily and with accusation.

"Yeah, but it's more fun this way!" The Daniel puppet replies with glee.

The Teal'c puppet enters.

"Teal'c, look at this!" The Vala puppet holds out her torn off puppet arm.

The Teal'c puppet's eyebrow raises. "Never poke Colonel Carter when she is working on a doohickey." Said solemnly and as if it is a truism of life learned at an early age.

"No sympathy? And why didn't you warn me!" In a demanding tone.

"Some things are best learned experientially," Teal'c replies with a grin.

The Cam puppet enters.

"Cam, look at this!" Vala demands, still looking for sympathy, but not expecting it at this time.

"Wow, what happened?" Cam replies sympathetically and with large eyes.

Before Vala can explain, Daniel interjects, "Think carefully here, about your options, Vala"

The Vala puppet stops with her mouth wide open to reply to Cam... looks at Daniel... looks at the Teal'c puppet. Thinks about the fact that Cam doesn't know... yet..

--------

Later... The Cam puppet is with the Sam puppet. The Sam puppet is working on her doohickey and the Cam puppet is now bored. It's been awhile since the others sent him down here to talk with Sam. And she's focussed on her doohickey.

He's bored.

Poke, poke...

--------

Sorry all... this is what happens when my muse is affected by Chopingal's hot tub scenes!

I just couldn't get the image out of my head of the Vala puppet poking the Carter puppet in the arm. Sam's resulting exasperation. And then Vala holding her ripped-off puppet arm and Sam going on with her doohickey work. They are just puppets!

ROTFL ... see?! Now I'm sure that we can write a Samfic together!!! Great job, oh puppetmeister!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        Hello everyone,
        For the first time since April I have both a computer and access to the internet!
        As of today I am the owner of a shiny new PC.

The last time I came here I told you all that I might not be back for a while because we were changing our home network router. I think that might have been just a bit of an understatement .

Changing the router turned out to be quite simple, though the change from wireless to wired did leave me without internet for a couple of weeks as my wireless network card was rendered useless, and it took me some time before I could buy the appropriate ethernet cable in 15metre length to reach my room.
        During those weeks a worse fate struck my computer. One morning I was viewing some files on my computer when I thought I smelled something sweet like treacle. I went to the kitchen to see if someone in the house was cooking something that was burning, but nothing seemed to be wrong. On returning to my computer I found it in automatic reboot, and putting two and two together I hurriedly turned it off at the power. After taking it to a computer repair centre it was confirmed that my computer was indeed fried. Fortunately for me they could retrieve my data by putting my HD into an external case which I can now use as an external HD on my new computer via USB. However, there was to be no return to the living world for my PC.

The last few months have been a slow form of torture. I've had not only no access to the internet but limited access to any computer of any sort. I managed to get some time on one of the other computers in the house to watch the space shuttle launch this month via live streaming NASA tv, but I think that was because at 4am Australian time nobody else wanted to use it . It was well worth watching, and I'm immensely glad that both launch and landing went relatively smoothly in comparison to previous missions.

So here I am, finally. I've missed my Samandan family soooo much. I can't wait to go reading through the wonderful posts that have accumulated in my absence.
        While the computer I have now is not as good as what I had hoped for my next PC, it's amazing me how much faster it is at accessing GW and other pages on the internet. All going well I hope to be around more now .
        Oh littlest Page, so grand to have you back at Samanda where you belong! We were worried about you! Sorry for the computer but glad to know you are okay.

Yes, we missed you!

Hugs, Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          woohoo!!!

cam is too childish for sam anyway. and together, they're Scam, which is not a good thing

I'm with ya Sky. What were they thinking when they came up with the names for Ben and Lexa's characters? Cam and Lam? I mean really...Sam, Cam, Lam? Were they trying to be cutesy and funny? Cause it just doesn't fly...not with me anyway.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

i thought that ship was dead in the water...or woods (bah doom boom)
            Skydiver

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
              Skydiver

scarimor

Sky's joke was dang funny! Ya'll back off Sky!

sigpic

Comment

i thought that ship was dead in the water...or woods (bah doom boom)
                grrrrrrrrrr
                So that is what you think

I am so with Scarimor (ooh where is that gun if you need it)

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  scarimor

Sky's joke was dang funny! Ya'll back off Sky!

SunKrux
                  - - - - -

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Ohhhh mannn. I just read the GW homepage about the "possible two feature film sequels" to the original Stargate movie (complete with Spader and Russell). Wow. I can't help but think that would really SUCK. Imagine investing 10 years of your life into a character only to have a couple of other numpties come out and get to do the feature films ! Not to mention the characters that would never make it on screen if that happened (*cough*SamCarter*cough*). That really BITES. Much as I did enjoy that first feature film when it came out, I really hope the pitch for the two sequels with Spader and Russell never ever gets a green light.
                    I was really upset about the movies over the weekend (still am), but I don't see it happening. I really think that the announcement on GW was an attempt to gage fan reactions, and it is obvious that most fans of the series don't want a movie that denies the series existence. The more we fuss about this the less likely it is going to happen!
                    Think about what almost happened to Amanda last year. You guys did a great job (sorry I wasn't here yet) letting the PTB know that SG1 without Sam would not be tolerated, and we still have our Sam. I don't think Amanda was trying to play us against them. I think it was an innocent comment that sparked last year's big debate, but it may have been an intentional move by BW and RCC this time around. (If so, good job BW and RCC!) MGM needs to know that we want an SG1 movie or we won't get it. Let's make sure our opinions are well known!
                    Of course, this is pure speculation.

Comment

My reason why TPTB didn't know what to do with AT (Sam Carter) in S10:
                      They tried to ship her with BB (Mitchell) but she wouldn't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah
                        My reason why TPTB didn't know what to do with AT (Sam Carter) in S10:
                        They tried to ship her with BB (Mitchell) but she wouldn't have it.
                        They don't know what to do with her because they can't ship her with Mitchell? Is that what yer sayin'? (I assume you didn't mean that in a derrogatory way, right?)

I'll tell ya though, some of those guys in the writer's seats at present don't seem to know a strong female lead character from the back of a... er... nevermind. So I would not even be surprised at this point.

geeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

the writers' idea of a strong woman seems to be someone that can carry three bags of groceries all by herself
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                            Ahh, but you see, by using TiVO, fans can ff through parts they don't like (I don't mean commercials) and characters they don't like...perhaps if the new SG1 didn't have so much of the "don't like" factor, ratings would be the same or similar to S8
                            There was a time that I did that. I wouldn't dream of planning something on Friday nights when SG-1 was on, even if I was recording it. I absolutely had to watch it first run. Now however, the only reason I'm really watching is for Sam. I like Teal'c and I like Daniel, but the two of them without Sam won't hold my attention, and Mitchell and Vala don't even compete for it. They're there, so I watch them, but I won't watch it just to see them.

Anyways, Friday night I did something I haven't done in probably 5 years. I went to bed and TIVO'd SG-1, because I was tired and couldn't be bothered to stay up and watch it. And then, I didn't actually watch my recording until late Saturday night, because I was busy and forgot that I had it. So since this experiment was so successful, I might actually start having a life on the week-end.

And if SG1 ends with S10, the only reason I'll be sad is because TPTB managed to ruin a perfectly fantastic show and AT will be out of job. But the upside is, that I don't think it will be long before we'll see her in something else.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                              SunKrux
                              - - - - -

heehee...

Bring it!

sigpic

Comment

the writers' idea of a strong woman seems to be someone that can carry three bags of groceries all by herself
                                *nearly chokes on her lunch
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X