X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
    I believe this was an excellent shot.
    Spoiler:

That's back when SG-1 meant family. I miss those days...
    I liked that pic as well, it really showed the depth of feeling the actors have for each other as well as the feelings between the characters.
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      Okay here is how the article starts .....

The champagne flowed and the cake was delicious as Stargate Sg-1 celebrated its 200th episode with a break in filming for a party on the set in April. Join the cast and crew as they reminisce about the show's early days, the development of their characters, the creation of the 200th episode and the future of the award-winning series.

First quote is from (drum roll..........

Amanda Tapping (Col. Sam Carter): [Arriving to film the 200th episode] Okay I'm puting this in spoilers well just in case have fun SALLY
      Spoiler:
      It's crazy and mad and bonkers and wonderful that we've come this far, and what's even more crazy is that even with this early a start, we're still having fun. Today is going to be amazing. I'm all fired up. I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson [again], I'm going to OZ, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party. Wanna come?
      Not that I don't think Amanda would look absolutely stunning...but I really have to wondering what TPTB have up their sleeve. It just seems too accommodating and disturbing all that the same time.

Edited for poor spelling.
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 23 June 2006, 08:05 AM.

Comment

The champagne flowed and the cake was delicious as Stargate Sg-1 celebrated its 200th episode with a break in filming for a party on the set in April. Join the cast and crew as they reminisce about the show's early days, the development of their characters, the creation of the 200th episode and the future of the award-winning series.

Amanda Tapping (Col. Sam Carter): [Arriving to film the 200th episode] Okay I'm puting this in spoilers well just in case have fun SALLY
        Spoiler:
        It's crazy and mad and bonkers and wonderful that we've come this far, and what's even more crazy is that even with this early a start, we're still having fun. Today is going to be amazing. I'm all fired up. I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson [again], I'm going to OZ, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party. Wanna come?

WOW!!!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Not that I don't think Amanda would look absolutely stunning...but I really have to wondering what TPTB really have up their sleeve. It just seems too accommendating and disturbing all that the same time.
          This is the 200th ep here. I have NO idea what they are planning, even with all the spoilers they are letting out. I think I will either be laughing my butt off or feeling sick when it's over.

Comment

AT[On her fans] I've been incredibly touched by the wealth of endorsement I've received. A couple of years ago I went on a trip to the Middle East to support our troops and was presented with a friendship wristband crafted by some of them. The teams out there wear them as a mark of friendship and comradeship. It meant so much when they presented one to me. I wear it still. An amazing group of people called GABIT (Get Amanda back In Town) organized a "gathering" in London. I was a little nervous at first, wondering if anyone would buy tickets, and then worrinying that they would return their tickets, as I had to cancel twice. Once because of work commitments, the other because of an extremely important event - I became pregnant with my first child. Everyone was truly outstanding. They waited two years for me to appear, and when I did the outpouring of love and encouragement is something I will always cherish.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Not that I don't think Amanda would look absolutely stunning...but I really have to wondering what TPTB really have up their sleeve. It just seems too accommendating and disturbing all that the same time.
              Exactly. How can Sam - human Sam, not puppet/marionette Sam - be in a dress without ship being resolved, and without looking like she's the butt of some Shavedai-esque joke.

I do wonder if Pepto Bismol will be required to get through that particular ep. But I reeeeaaally wanna know what AT has to say about it all!

Comment

AT: [On growing her character] When Sam first made her appearance, she was your stereotypical female-in-the-military type character. I spoke with the producers and told them I didn't want to portary sam as an overly ambitious, one-dimensional creature spouting diatribes. Isaw her as a warm, intelligent, sensitive woman with a wry sense of humor and endless compassion. Thankfully, they agreed and have allowed me to develop her in that way.

AT: Of course, it hasn't all been plain sailing for Sam. I mean, have you seen her record in the romance stakes? Fans call her the Black Widow, you know, 'cause a kiss from her is like the Kiss of Death. Jonas Hansen from Season one; Narim, season two; fan favorite Martouf, season three; Sam's husband Joe, season four; Orlin, season five; Fifth, season six; and then lovely Pete Shanahan season sevean. All of 'em either died, went mad or had their hearts broken. I mean, come on! Give the girl a break. I think the writers are determined to torture the fans who want to see Jack O'Neill and Sam together forever. But who knows? This season is but young. They might get it together in season 10.

Looking foreward to more from Amanda and so needed as well!
                ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Exactly. How can Sam - human Sam, not puppet/marionette Sam - be in a dress without ship being resolved, and without looking like she's the butt of some Shavedai-esque joke.
                  Ship being resolved? *Puts on sailing hat* Alright, let's go!

Seriously, though,
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't think we can believe anything we see in this ep. I know they poke fun at themselves...it could be funny...or not. As long as AT seems excited about it, I'll be ok. Anyway, we'll see Sam in a wedding dress. I know she'll be so pretty!

Comment

Okay guys I have got to get to bed as I hit the road in 6 hours.

So here is my parting thoughts on the 200th episode - this is going to be a throw away episode - a comedy - one for the cast and crew - lots of in jokes - some poking fun at the fans - it will have little to nothing to do with the over all Stargate timeline and world - it will either be a lot of fun or real cringe worthy - in the end only time will tell

with that I'm out of here
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      'new' fic...ok, so it was in Revelation III last year, but new to the net

and oddly enough, very appropriate with the recent sam hitting jack chat

http://www.jackfic.com/emeraldcity/d...nforeseen.html
                      Wonderful fic, Sky! Love the bit about "Carter fix the Gate. Carter fix the sun..."

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                        Oooh I haven't seen that one before. Fan!Girl Amanda right??

Yeah, Myrth. That shot is her behind the bar of the Rover's Return, the pub in the British soap Coronation Street which is set in Manchester, hence my caption about speaking Manc. The Gabit crew organised for her to visit the set last year, apparently.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

It's nice to find an actor not afraid to fan!girl... but then Amanda stands out above the rest in my mind for the effort and time she puts into the fans. Can we have her made the patron saint of sci-fi?

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Yeah, Myrth. That shot is her behind the bar of the Rover's Return, the pub in the British soap Coronation Street which is set in Manchester, hence my caption about speaking Manc. The Gabit crew organised for her to visit the set last year, apparently.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            wow and squeee

I bet she'll look beautiful. she always does. very much looking forward to season 10 now

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              Can we have her made the patron saint of sci-fi?

Think we should definetly do that

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                                Think we should definetly do that
                                But is she that saintly?
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X