Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    dunno, think landry would let her take a vacation off world???
    I'm sure Thor could wrangle it for her. A nice romantic jaunt around the galaxy for the 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Don't know if anyone has posted this, but season 10 promo pics are up at http://sg.emedian.net/ So far it's just ensemble pics (eight of) and Claudia pics. They've got a really nice feel to them this season, though. And plenty of Amanda goodness!
      thanks for sharing, tj.

they're nice; i especially like the amanda-claudia one.

but does anyone think they're airbrushed to death?!

misses rda/jack in there

sally
      Last edited by majorsal; 12 June 2006, 04:02 PM.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
        Does anyone here remember Colorforms. You peeled off a template plastic "doll" and dressed them with clothes made out of the same type of plastic.

Even thou the promo. pics are very nice, that's what it reminds me of.
        I think I had a paper version of that
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          thanks for sharing, tj.

they're nice; i especially like the amanda-clauia one.

but does anyone think they're airbrushed to death?!

misses rda/jack in there

sally
          Hahaha, exactly what we've been saying, Sally!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yea, they're not bad, but some of the pics have been airbrushed beyond recognition, unfortunately. I looked at one of them and went "huh? Are they the stand ins?"
            Glad I'm not the only one who thought someone went crazy with the airbrush. One thing--they're *all* in civvies so no clue there, but the word "colonels" is used so I hope that is correct. I want AF Sam in S10.

And you are all so right that AT sooo doesn't need the air brushing or the tech version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Glad I'm not the only one who thought someone went crazy with the airbrush. One thing--they're *all* in civvies so no clue there, but the word "colonels" is used so I hope that is correct. I want AF Sam in S10.
              The pics aren't giving us any cause for concern. Had Claudia been in pics with the boys and not Amanda, I would have worried, but that isn't the case. The only pics Amanda isn't in are the boys club type pics, and the Farscape Reunited one.

Comment

that small fic i read last night ('timeless) had more depth and feeling to it than the entirety of season 9.
                Link, please!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  Link, please!
                  i can't find it. i looked through my history.

i know sky recced it yesterday, though...

sorry.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

i can't find it. i looked through my history.

i know sky recced it yesterday, though...

sorry.

sally
                    It's okay Sal, that was enough to go on, I went back and found it (http://surrealphantast.livejournal.com/217581.html).

HOLY CRAP. That was fantastic. Especially the first one. Wow.

mg (I missed checking most of yesterday because I was out, riding the final portion of my M license exam - zoom, zoom, zoom! )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                      It's okay Sal, that was enough to go on, I went back and found it (http://surrealphantast.livejournal.com/217581.html).

HOLY CRAP. That was fantastic. Especially the first one. Wow.

i read the first one 'timeless' twice last night. i'm still wowed.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Sky, you were right - Stormy Weather is hilarious!
                        (http://surrealphantast.livejournal.com/217581.html - second fic down)

Originally posted by skydiver
                        ok, here's a sam topic

sam HAS to go on vacation. HAS to. no hiding in the lab, no work-a-holic tendencies

so where woudl she go and why??

oh, and please, can we keep the minnesota cabin out of it???? Just this once
                        I love KatG's idea of Sam joining in on car rallies on her time off! Woot! What a blast that would be!

My ideas for Sam's vacation:

-working on her motorcycle, and then taking it for a long drive, perhaps a even a multi-day trip.

-doing something with Cassie (wasn't there a girl's camping trip mentioned in an episode way back? Sam, Cassie and Janet?)

-returning to the planet that holds the annual Space Race - and going out and kicking some butt in an upcoming race! (she'd plan her vacation time off to coincide with the race)

-flying... something... an X-302 if they'd let her do so on her time off... or perhaps go off with Thor - and get to fly some cool small alien one-and-two seater ships (Asgard and/or other)

-go somewhere with friends (you fill that in with your preference)

-learn to scuba dive (if she doesn't already know how); then scuba and snorkel in someplace magical such as the waters of Palau (it's unbelievably wonderful) http://images.google.com/images?q=Pa...=Search+Images

...hmmm... will have to think about this some more...

Comment

Actually, I'd say AT has come off best with the airbrushing. It's CJ and Bridges that come off worst. I'm not slating them, I'm just saying they look far better without the airbrushing. And agreed, the background and setting is really, really nice.
                          she definatly fared best of all of them. Beau's good too. anyone else have trouble looking at the other's neck/jaws/eyes?

you know the kind of promo i want? last one on here
                          http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/703.shtml
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Here's another question for Samanda:

When we were discussing the Best Carter episodes for each season, some folks struggled with whether certain episodes, such as Entity, were more great AT episodes than great Sam episodes... so:

What are your favorite AT acting moments or scenes?

The most memorable AT acting scene for me is in "Singularity", when Sam takes Cassie down to the bottom of the silo and then has to leave her there... has an emotional venting in the elevator... has an epiphany... goes back down... hugs Cassie. Simply one of the best sequences, and most memorable, of the entire Stargate series for me. AT was phenomenal.

Comment

Yes! I love that shot! And interestingly, GW now has the pictures up with the caption under the AT/BB shot reading "Co-Colonels: Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter") and Ben Browder ("Cameron Mitchell")."

Comment

I personally LOVE this image
                                Spoiler:

Hey, Ben and Chris look mighty airbrushed to me. It's funny cause Amanda and Claudia only look airbrushed in that one with the guys.

*looks at OoooooOooober and points "Look pig tails"*
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X