No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what really bakes my noodle? when people tell me about a FRELLING AMAZING fanfic, and then don't link me.

its aggravating, i tell you.

favorite AU Sam: hmmmm...not my favorite person, but the most interesting and different character. a sam that joined an NID cancer or some such nefarious organization. she's still a genius, can still be 'macho' and stand up for herself, but she's not a 'good guy'. she may still have problems succeeding in a 'man's world'. she's doing the wrong thing for the right reasons and walking that line very cautiously.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite AU Sam?

Mine would have to be Sam from TBFTGOG.
      *She was super smart.
      *Considering the Goa'uld were invading, she still seemed nice, just like our Sam!
      *Even though she was in a relationship with Jack, it didn't affect her work. She was professional.
      *She sacrificed her life for her cause-she was very brave.
      *This might not count, but I liked her hair!

I'd have to rewatch the episode to come up with more, but those stuck out in my mind.

Who's yours?
      I would go with you on everything but the hair, L.A. I think she's pretty much what Sam would have been like if she hadn't been in the Air Force.

Comment

NOT THE 2ND PAGE!!!! *Looks around* Where is everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite AU Sam?
          Geeky Sam out of the AU Sam's we know!
          She was just so sweet, funny and cute. And we saw Sam in another light. More emotional, unsure, on the girly side. Nothing like the leader we know. It's great to know that Sam would have become that woman in our reality. Because it was with ours that we were playing or at least our timeline. *or did I understand it wrongly again?*
          Others AU Sam's really come out of others realities.

Comment

What Am I Doing On The Second Page?

Sheesh, ok, caption this photo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Oh no tsaxlady, it was not offensive, TJ just got a little confused about it I highlighted it so it would make sense as to the confusion, sorry if you took it the wrong way I in no way meant to insult your post
              actually, its a good idea, to actually write a ff ABOUT PDL (or someone). i read one like it once for George Lucas. very nice. i would link it, but i don't remember it. it was about
              Spoiler:
              how he got the idea for star wars from a rumor about SG-1 in 1969.
              (i won't embarrass myself by saying how long it took me to figure that out.) i'll find it...maybe. so, yes. anyway, you sparked a good idea, tsaxlady. i send my thanks to your TV.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                i read one like it once for George Lucas. very nice. i would link it, but i don't remember it. it was about
                Spoiler:
                how he got the idea for star wars from a rumor about SG-1 in 1969.
                (i won't embarrass myself by saying how long it took me to figure that out.)
                Haha, I've read that too! Great little fic But sif it took you ages to figure it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Haha, I've read that too! Great little fic But sif it took you ages to figure it out...
                  yeah...well, w-well!!...yeah, it was sad. liked the sam characterization though, how she was actually strong, not just a screamer. can you (anybody) link it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Well sorry I've been online and watching some tv at the same time so grammar and spell were not the best. So I will go back and delete the offensive post and would ask that anyone that has quoted me to please delete it from your post. I'll be sure in the future to not post in the thread unless I watch my grammar and spelling.
                    Noooo, don't delete it, it wasn't offensive. I'm just thick, that's all. I didn't understand what was going on. Using a direct object after "write" is a typically American thing, isn't it? Things like that still confuse me sometimes. It's not your fault at all that I'm a prize winning idiot!
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                      Translating interviews and con reports can be great fun, though. You can see where people have made mistakes in translations or have great fun working things out. For example, I was doing the French translation (with help from Lys) of the AT Chat in January, and she talked about comfort food and pregnancy cravings.
                      If you don't mind me asking TJ, but what were AT's cravings and comfort foods?
                      When I was pregnant with my son I had cravings for beer and rookwurst - and I don't or should I say, didn't like beer at the time - I do drink it now...(I'm actually having a nice cold Crowny at the moment...a nice Aussie beer!!). With my daughter it was rice pudding and custard tarts.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

yeah...well, w-well!!...yeah, it was sad. liked the sam characterization though, how she was actually strong, not just a screamer. can you (anybody) link it?
                        ahem...found it.
                        and i know there's SOMEONE who will later read this conversation and laugh their arse off at me. with good right.

Inspiration by Skydiver

oops.

you know the really sad thing? Emerald City has been sitting on my Start Menu the whole time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          what would i say

a) Please dont' discount the intelligence of stargate - or any scifi - fans
                          b) Please don't think that we're easily bought off with flashy sfx, a good plot carries far more weight
                          c) Please tone down the sex.
                          d) What drew many to the show was the interactions between the characters, not the space ships or fancy graphics. A story about the pretties is easily ignored, a story about the charactres is hard to forget
                          e) Please, please, please write REAL women. not charictures, not cliches
                          Yep...gotta agree with you there Sky. Couldn't have said it better myself...though I wish I had!!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

[QUOTE=L.A. Doyle]Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite AU Sam?/QUOTE]
                            My favorite AU Sam would probably be the one from TBFTGOG too but I also liked the one from Poit of View. They were both intelligent and strong! Not so sure of the geeky Sam though....though she was fun to watch!! Um...just a bit OT here but I always thought it was alternate reality not universe. Am I wrong? Anyhoo, have a great day...WooHoo, it's officially Monday morning here now and a public holiday to boot...YAY!!!!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

ahem...found it.
                              and i know there's SOMEONE who will later read this conversation and laugh their arse off at me. with good right.

Inspiration by Skydiver

oops.

you know the really sad thing? Emerald City has been sitting on my Start Menu the whole time.
                              Hahaha, I'm laughing my arse off too I didn't realise that was Sky who wrote it, but then again it was a long time ago

Comment

Her comfort foods are crisps and chocolate chip biscuits, and when she was pregnant, she had cravings for apples and pears. The complete chat transcript in English can be read here at the Amanda Tapping Club website.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X