X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Yeah? Well take THIS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Now, where's the magnificent Lys with your cake?!
    Thanks! There's talk of cake?

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
      She probably sold it to pay her credit card bills!
      Since Sam paid for the components, I wonder if Orlin's mini stargate belongs to her.

There's an episode for next season - Sam figures out how to get her stargate working.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        Since Sam paid for the components, I wonder if Orlin's mini stargate belongs to her.

There's an episode for next season - Sam figures out how to get her stargate working.
        Hammy and the JCs - not to mention that jerk dude - probably made her send it to Area 51. But maybe she got it back while she was over there.

Comment

I would say that it got taken to Area 51 for study, but Sam would have been fairly heavily compensated... more than enough for her credit card bills, if you get my drift
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            I would say that it got taken to Area 51 for study, but Sam would have been fairly heavily compensated... more than enough for her credit card bills, if you get my drift
            I wonder if that's where the car she had in "Nightwalkers" came from.

Comment

I was watching "Point Of No Return" last night and they show the stargate opening - the point of origin is the one on the 'gate found in Egypt, then in the possession of the Russians, rather than the one from the 'gate found in Antarctica, which the SGC would have been using.
              You didn't think they would have 2 stargates now did you?
              I don't think she could have kept it. Certainly been sent to Area 51. Maybe she worked on it when she was there? Poor Sam though, if she had had the possivility to have kept it then maybe we would have seen her more at home.
              It's green. I'd have preferred a sapphire.

According to wikipedia, the emerald is highly prized as a gemstone and by weight is the most valuable gemstone in the world.

I wonder what Sam did with her emerald. It's not something you'd use as a paperweight.
              Any blue would have been good for me.
              Maybe they want to say that with the stone. That Sam is very precious?
              I think she kept it.

Comment

In "Ascension" Orlin gives Sam an emerald and says he thinks it's her birthstone. Sam doesn't confirm this but she doesn't deny it either.

It's possible that the writers wanted a very well known precious stone and didn't give any thought as to what month it would represent. Turquoise, lapis lazuli, zircon, blue topaz and tanzanite have all been cited as December birthstones but perhaps they don't have the same "wow" factor.
                Yea true, and peridot doesn't say wow either (dang it)
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was watching "Point Of No Return" last night and they show the stargate opening - the point of origin is the one on the 'gate found in Egypt, then in the possession of the Russians, rather than the one from the 'gate found in Antarctica, which the SGC would have been using.
                  I've spent many hours pondering over the PoO. Now I'm afraid I'll confuse myself! Sam? Sam? Where are you? Can you please explain this? *looks for Sam*

Comment

I wonder if that's where the car she had in "Nightwalkers" came from.
                    Aren't all those sort of things USAF property? Or is it her car in Nightwalkers? I thought she still had her Volvo in Chimera?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Yea true, and peridot doesn't say wow either (dang it)
                      I love my birthstone, thank you very much!
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was hooked up to our dialing computer? I've spent many hours pondering over the PoO. Now I'm afraid I'll confuse myself! Ok...maybe both gates do have the same PoO, because either way, Sam couldn't have dialed out b/c the were on earth. And why would they have different PoO anyway? Sam? Sam? Where are you? Can you please explain this? *looks for Sam*
                        Not the point of origin on the dialling computer, the one on the 'gate itself.

Comment

It's green. I'd have preferred a sapphire.

According to wikipedia, the emerald is highly prized as a gemstone and by weight is the most valuable gemstone in the world.

I wonder what Sam did with her emerald. It's not something you'd use as a paperweight.
                          She had to use it to pay off her credit card bill after Orlin bought all those things on-line
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Not the point of origin on the dialling computer, the one on the 'gate itself.
                            Yeah, I caught that and changed my post until I can figure something out.

Comment

Happy Birthday L.A. Doyle

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                                Aren't all those sort of things USAF property?
                                Would it? Orlin wasn't part of the USAF, it wasn't built on a USAF base or funded by the Air Force - except in the sense that they pay Sam's salary and she paid for it but I don't think that counts.

They could have confiscated it for national security reasons, I suppose.

Maybe the next time China or whichever nation the writers go with next season tries to get control of the stargate, they can, with Sam's blessing of course, offer them the mini stargate as a consolation prize.

Comment

Working...
                                X