X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55
    "Negative base. No signal from the AF advisor detected."
    LOL

I still go with OBM (our beloved mod) Skydiver and say she/he is tied to a chair and locked in a closet. Probably with Jonas Quinn, Aris Boch, the Aschen, the Reetou...etc...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      But... but...

In order to accomplish this:

KAWALSKI: I think what the Colonel is saying is, have you ever pulled out of a simulated bombing run in an F-16 at 8-plus G's?

CARTER: Yes.

She'd have to have been pilot or co-pilot in that F-16. Right? Even if the bombing run itself was simulated, the flight was real. They do those runs in real planes for pilot exercise. So she was "in an F-16" ... I thought (at the time) the inference was clearly that she'd been a pilot.
      As far as I know, the only reason she'd be in the F-16 would be if she were flying it (the single or the double) or training for flying (backseat in the double).
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        In "Singularity", she uses her right hand to paint.

Yay, my 2,000th post. Ironically, it's also exacty three months since my first post (I joined months before I actually posted anything).
        Way to go, Regan! Congrats on the big 2,000!! Samanda salutes you!

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          So, even if Carter were providing support, she'd have some sort of badge to show that.

Bottom line (IMNSHO): Production screw-up.

Am I right in thinking that Jack didn't always wear his wings?
          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            LOL

I still go with OBM (our beloved mod) Skydiver and say she/he is tied to a chair and locked in a closet. Probably with Jonas Quinn, Aris Boch, the Aschen, the Reetou...etc...
            Gosh, rather than that idiotic
            Spoiler:
            Night of the Zombies
            idea for S10, they should unleash all these former characters at one time, along with the AF advisor, and turn it into a honkin' episode.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
              It doesn't look like he ever did:

Fire and Water (Season 1):
              http://www.stargatesg1971.com/firean...1x12-0310.html

Sacrifices (Season 8):
              http://www.stargatesg1971.com/sacrif...PDVD_3315.html

Origin (Season 9):
              http://www.stargatesg1971.com/origin...PDVD_3671.html

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                Jack's not a pilot. He's Black Ops, Special Forces trained. Sure, he knows how to fly, but he's not classified as a Master Pilot, like Hammond and Jacob are.

Jack's a Master Parachutist and a Master Level Space/Missle. He jumped out of airplanes and did some really secret and nasty stuff is his career.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Dude... I couldn't tell you what one thing on his uniform stood for, but I saw no wings. And that is a problem.

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                  Jack's not a pilot. He's Black Ops, Special Forces trained. Sure, he knows how to fly, but he's not classified as a Master Pilot, like Hammond and Jacob are.

Jack's a Master Parachutist and a Master Level Space/Missle. He jumped out of airplanes and did some really secret and nasty stuff is his career.
                  But, but, but... I thought it was established that he was a pilot! And how could two supremely cool non-pilots be allowed in all of the various X-incarnations if neither of them had the qualifications?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    But, but, but... I thought it was established that he was a pilot! And how could two supremely cool non-pilots be allowed in all of the various X-incarnations if neither of them had the qualifications?
                    Maybe the O'Neil with one "L" from the movie is a pilot, but our Jack isn't.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      True. Right now I'm concentrating all my efforts on eliminating Janet (what little efforts I've put forth anyway ). This diminutive doctor caused Daniel's and Teal'c's demise, but there is NO way in hades that she should be bumped from third to second place.

:shakes head:

Unacceptable.
                      I happen to disagree. Nothing would please me more than seeing Sam and Janet together at the end. So there.

Now where's scari's Sam/Janet icon when I need it?

My LJ

Comment

would it be at all possible that they are both qualified pilots, but they flew covert and unofficial missions and whatnot, hence also explaining the fact that sam supposedly flew during the gulf war, and yet officially there were no female pilots allowed to fly in the war? (or is that just in fighter jets?)

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                          I happen to disagree. Nothing would please me more than seeing Sam and Janet together at the end. So there.

Now where's scari's Sam/Janet icon when I need it?
                          Yay what she said!!!
                          scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            May 29th 1968? It would make Sam a Gemini, which would be appropriate, given that Amanda Tapping is a twin.

Some of the character traits don't fit, though, but this part sounds like Sam
                            I'm a Gemini! Let's make Sam a Gemini! Please?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              would it be at all possible that they are both qualified pilots, but they flew covert and unofficial missions and whatnot, hence also explaining the fact that sam supposedly flew during the gulf war, and yet officially there were no female pilots allowed to fly in the war? (or is that just in fighter jets?)
                              I think that's just fighter jets. Women can fly cargo planes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                                I'm a Gemini! Let's make Sam a Gemini! Please?
                                She looks Gemini-ish to me too

As for 1968 - that's a heck of a vintage year, in my not so humble opinion
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X