No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was going through my collected folder; this is another pic I always smile at. Love the bear!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Okay Oooober I went looking for lemmings but couldn't find any
      I did however find these.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1348
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        That's what everyone else here has been calling that cascade of ribbons on her chest.

I'm just a lemming here...following the crowd. What's that, you say? There's a CLIFF up ahead???

Oh. Crap.
        oh, come on oooober don't you trust us?

nah, its the "proper" (proper as in military slang, proper) term. (expanded version being "fruit salad"). so, we get everything? medal, salad (seriously, in the right order?), bunting, badge (command pilot?). i don't THINK those are eagles, but maybe. and were the pipes all different colors in the original? or are u just having fun?

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
        Is it a british thing? Don't feel bad!
        no idea, i'm Andra Indian/PA Dutch born and bred U.S.A semi-military brat (yeah, weird, i know, explains a lot). just thought it was an appropriate way to insult myself.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Amanda's always looked very young, to me. There were times in season three when I thought she looked like a kid, even. Like she was 18 years old, with her hair cropped really short. But yeah ... always looked a lot younger than she really was. Even now.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7...harpic17ff.jpg
          :latthunk:: wow. she does look young, eh? what is AT now, 40? <sigh>
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Amanda's always looked very young, to me. There were times in season three when I thought she looked like a kid, even. Like she was 18 years old, with her hair cropped really short. But yeah ... always looked a lot younger than she really was. Even now.
            Yea and that's one thing that kind of bothered me at first about S/J ship, him beeing too old for Sam. Sorry Sal
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Yea and that's one thing that kind of bothered me at first about S/J ship, him beeing too old for Sam. Sorry Sal
              RDA is 14 years older than AT, I think (IRL). As to their characters, I always thought Jack was younger than RDA, and I know Carter is younger than AT. I always put them (in my own head) at about 12 years apart. My own parents are 15 years apart - doesn't seem to bother them much, either.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                oh, come on oooober don't you trust us?

nah, its the "proper" (proper as in military slang, proper) term. (expanded version being "fruit salad"). so, we get everything? medal, salad (seriously, in the right order?), bunting, badge (command pilot?). i don't THINK those are eagles, but maybe. and were the pipes all different colors in the original? or are u just having fun?
                Actually, I took Landry's wings, added the CMoH ribbon to the top of her ribbons and of course gave her the medal to match, then added Jack and Landry's ribbons so that the "fruit salad" hung down fairly low.

Oh and I took Hammond's stars for her epaulets.

Major General Samantha Carter...Congressional Medal of Honor winner and heroine extraordinaire. Has a nice ring to it, dontchathink?

Oh here's another CMoH factoid. There has only been one woman in the history of the United States who earned the CMoH. Mary Walker was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor at Bull Run on July 21, 1861.

Since there have been only 17 Air Force recipients and none of them women, I'd say the time has come my friends.

What say ye??? CMoH for the woman who's saved the galaxy more times than I can count???
                Last edited by Uber; 11 April 2006, 08:20 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Here's a link to the online bidding page, read the description they have for the show, there is something very interesting in there
                  https://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauc...per%20Alliance
                  you mean them listing mitchell as a major?

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

That's okay. Feel free to green me. I LOVE green. Which would explain my sudden fascination with salad, it would seem.
                    Unfortunately, it won't let me green you, but you definitely deserve some salad for your turnips... er manips.... er stunning pictures of Sam with all the stuff she deserves!

My LJ

Comment

Actually, I took Landry's wings, added the CMoH ribbon to the top of her ribbons and of course gave her the medal to match, then added Jack and Landry's ribbons so that the "fruit salad" hung down fairly low.

Oh and I took Hammond's stars for her epaulets.

Major General Samantha Carter...Congressional Medal of Honor winner and heroine extraordinaire. Has a nice ring to it, dontchathink?

Oh here's another CMoH factoid. There has only been one woman in the history of the United States who earned the CMoH. Mary Walker was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor at Bull Run on July 21, 1861.

Since there have been only 17 Air Force recipients and none of them women, I'd say the time has come my friends.

What say ye??? CMoH for the woman who's saved the galaxy more times than I can count???
                      so what's landry? can you tell?
                      yeah, i thought i saw the order restarting farther down.
                      STARS. duh! i thought there were too many! knew they looked wrong, but too small for eagles. as i said, shiny things tend to distract me.
                      darn straight she deserves it! we need a slogan. a bird and some salad for sam? (yeah, that's not corny at all). someone help me out here.
                      very well done ooooooober
                      sigpic

Comment

so what's landry? can you tell?
                        yeah, i thought i saw the order restarting farther down.
                        STARS. duh! i thought there were too many! knew they looked wrong, but too small for eagles. as i said, shiny things tend to distract me.
                        darn straight she deserves it! we need a slogan. a bird and some salad for sam? (yeah, that's not corny at all). someone help me out here.
                        very well done ooooooober
                        There's...supposed to be...an order???

I just saw lots of colorful rectangles and they looked really purdy.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                          What salad? This thread is confusing!
                          Thank you!

And how do you guys identify a Brig. General from a Maj. General from a Colonel from a Captain?

/me is confused

Comment

There's...supposed to be...an order???

I just saw lots of colorful rectangles and they looked really purdy.

yes there's an order. don't worry about it, it'd be a pain to fix. you see first you'd have to figure out what they ALL meant (honestly, i'm having a hard time. ::squints harder:, enter them ALL into one of these nifty online order generators, edit THAT in, and then figure out what ALL the authorized devices are, since they probably have repeats. then you'd get to edit the devices on. and THEN you get to go into the regs of the number per given row and edit THAT.
                            don't do it.
                            good job adding the MOH and AF cross (right?) to the top, though.
                            and i agree, very pretty. and i don't just mean AT.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                              Thank you!

And how do you guys identify a Brig. General from a Maj. General from a Colonel from a Captain?

/me is confused
                              A Second Lieutenant has 1 gold bar. A First Lieutenant has one silver bar. A Captain has two silver bars. A Major has a gold cluster. A Lieutenant Colonel has a silver cluster. A full Colonel has an eagle. A Brigadier General has one star and a Major General has 2 stars. A Lieutenant General has 3 stars. A General has 4 stars.

Does this help?

btw...my Dad was in the Air Force for 20 years and retired as a Master Sergeant.

Comment

yes there's an order. don't worry about it, it'd be a pain to fix. you see first you'd have to figure out what they ALL meant (honestly, i'm having a hard time. ::squints harder:, enter them ALL into one of these nifty online order generators, edit THAT in, and then figure out what ALL the authorized devices are, since they probably have repeats. then you'd get to edit the devices on. and THEN you get to go into the regs of the number per given row and edit THAT.
                                don't do it.
                                good job adding the MOH and AF cross (right?) to the top, though.
                                and i agree, very pretty. and i don't just mean AT.

Holy Smoke Bullwinkle.

Don't they look purdy???

Comment

Working...
                                X