Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    You know bizarrely mini... such a fic exists. It involves group sex with all five members of SG-1 (Jonas & Daniel were both there) and oddly is completely in character the whole time. I was quite stunned when I read it. It's called Jayne Mansfield's car, but damned if I can find it again.... so never say never

And... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYS!!!
    Another one of AD's fic recs, Myrth?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYS!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Happy Birthday Lys!!!!!!!!
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

as to full circle
          Spoiler:

blowing up the planet wasn't all that stupid. anubis FINALLY became a real baddie. what pushed it too far was asending the whole frelling planet. talk about taking the spine out of a gutsy plot move

gonna die? well we'll jsut ascend you and you'll feel much better in no time

silly, really, really silly.

if you're gonna kill off a planet, have the balls to REALLY kill off the planet

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
            LOL! So true! I LOVE the team stuff, and it's always great to see the them supporting and caring for each other. Sam is definitely very well protected with all of her guys around, so it's always great to kind of see her falling back on that protection and friendship.

As far as the friendship between Sam and Teal'c goes, it's great to see how much that relationship has grown over the years. I think one of my favorites has to be their stuff in "Heroes". I love the scene where she's fiddling with a piece of equipment in her lab, and he's just kind of sitting there hanging out. They're so comfortable with each other, and tease and rib each other about the interviews they are having to complete. On the complete other end of the spectrum is his visit in Part 2 when she's trying to write out a speech for the memorial service. Where before we got to see a very pal-ish, teasing sort of friendship, here we get the heaviness and seriousness. He supports her when she most needs it, and it's something that I would never have expected from Teal'c back in the first few seasons. It's very sweet, and it really does showcase their friendship extremely well.
            we see some of it in Changeling too. Teal'c and his can't sleeping, hates milk. then after he snaps at sam she suggests to janet to give him some warm milk

that level of snarkiness is signs of a good friendship to me

i also liked in paradise lost, after sam's breakdown, teal'c was hanging in her lab. it takes a closeness to have someone just hanging while you work (yeah, i know it was just so that he'd be there when jonas brought in the picture, but still, i can project )

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lys! Hope you have a great day!

And all Samandans and GWers in general---have a great time at the con! Looking forward to hearing what you find out and that you had a wonderful time!

Comment

Happy Birthday Lys!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                  You know bizarrely mini... such a fic exists. It involves group sex with all five members of SG-1 (Jonas & Daniel were both there) and oddly is completely in character the whole time. I was quite stunned when I read it. It's called Jayne Mansfield's car, but damned if I can find it again.... so never say never
                  I don't believe you. About the "In Character" part. I can't buy it. I'm talking no chemical/alien mind-warping (which would make them chemically ooc anyway) - and you're telling me despite that, they all had sex, together, and it was in character? No way, man.
                  Last edited by minigeek; 22 March 2006, 05:09 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYS!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Bon anniversaire LYS !!!
                      sigpic
                      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

You people really fill a forum. I haven't had time to catch up with everything you wrote. I'll get down to it, one day.

Anyway. For now, I have a question to all you know-it-all-on-AT.

On her last chat session, she said she had replaced morning coffee with exercices. Do you know what exercices she does ? How did she get in the rythm and routine to continue on.

And what are your own tricks (these, you can pm me since it OOT)

See ya all and thank you

Historian (who tries to find tricks to get into shape and stick to it)
                        sigpic
                        There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
                        If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
                        If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
                        If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Happy Birthday Lys!!!!!!!
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

(The continuing soapy opera of Lida)

OK, I promise, this my last post OT....I will be going to Vancouver. I picked up Mac this morning and he is doing very well, so I re-booked my flight for tomorrow! I'm so happy he is OK, now I just have to re-pack and buy a few things. I'll take tons of pictures of AT...I bought a 2meg memory card for my new camera, so I'll be able to shoot 1100 pics. Think that will be enough?

Thank you all for your fantastic support. I wish you were all going to be in Vancouver, as I'd love to give you all BIG HUGS. See you next week, same Sam-time, same Sam-chanel.
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Okay Lys I did this just for you

Everybody Sing along

joyeux anniversaire à vous
                              joyeux anniversaire cher Lys

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                (The continuing soapy opera of Lida)

OK, I promise, this my last post OT....I will be going to Vancouver. I picked up Mac this morning and he is doing very well, so I re-booked my flight for tomorrow! I'm so happy he is OK, now I just have to re-pack and buy a few things. I'll take tons of pictures of AT...I bought a 2meg memory card for my new camera, so I'll be able to shoot 1100 pics. Think that will be enough?

Thank you all for your fantastic support. I wish you were all going to be in Vancouver, as I'd love to give you all BIG HUGS. See you next week, same Sam-time, same Sam-chanel.
                                I'm so happy to hear about Mac - that's one for the good guys, Yeah...I'm also glad to hear you're going to Vancouver, have a great time and of course take a lot of photos...

Bon Voyage...

Comment

Working...
                                X