No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - a new wager for a THURSDAY morning. In keeping with the theme of S10's 200th episode wager(s), here's mine.

I wager that not only will RDA be in the 200th episode, BUT...

-> He will go to Vancouver to shoot and have new scenes to do, complete with (new) dialogue between him and Carter AND there will be an allusion, if not more, to their 'relationship'.

-> Sam Carter will do (or say) something hilariously silly/funny.

If I'm wrong, I'll make a (NEW) 11x14 print-quality (high-res) Sam Carter sketch available to anyone on this group who writes and asks for one.

If I'm right, one of you AT2-attending folks has to buy me an orange or a raspberry martini at GABIT! (Any takers?!)

If I'm only PARTLY right (on either count), I'll draw and make the high-res version of the new sketch available anyway.

minigeeeek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      OK - a new wager for a THURSDAY morning. In keeping with the theme of S10's 200th episode wager(s), here's mine.

-> He will go to Vancouver to shoot and have new scenes to do, complete with (new) dialogue between him and Carter AND there will be an allusion, if not more, to their 'relationship'.

If I'm wrong, I'll make a (NEW) 11x14 print-quality (high-res) Sam Carter sketch available to anyone on this group who writes and asks for one.

If I'm right, one of you AT2-attending folks has to buy me an orange or a raspberry martini at GABIT! (Any takers?!)

If I'm only PARTLY right (on either count), I'll draw and make the high-res version of the new sketch available anyway.

minigeeeek
      I'll take you up on that (although I tend to be a drink buyer anyway)
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

minigeeeek
        You're on Mini! I'll even raise you a martini, the flavor of your choice.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

minigeeeek
          I'll take you up on that bet!

How can I lose? If RDA is actually in the episode, I win because I see Jack. If he's not, I win all these cool things. Niiiiice!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            I'll take you up on that (although I tend to be a drink buyer anyway)
            Hey, what's up with that! You bet with me that Jack will be in the 200th episode and you bet with Mini that he won't be in the 200th episode? Playing it safe now aren't we?? ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Hey, what's up with that! You bet with me that Jack will be in the 200th episode and you bet with Mini that he won't be in the 200th episode? Playing it safe now aren't we?? ROFL
              I win either way Actually, in both cases, I'd win even if I lost... one, I'd get to write fanfic, and the other, I'd get to buy a friend a drink!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

OK.....I may be having a weak moment, but no matter the outcome of this little bet, I'll buy a round of drinks for all Samandans at Gabit2! That's how happy I'll be to be there, with all of you and Amanda! Now, I just need to tell hubby.
                On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Thanks all. I guess it looks like I'm 3 sheets to the wind (more like 3 fries short of a happy meal)...but in truth, I do not drink. Well, I DO drink...but like water and coffee. And anything with any kind of chocolately anything in it.

Oh, btw, congrats Mandysg1 on your 800th post!
                  Thanks Ooober, I hadn't even noticed
                  I guess my fingers runneth over, I just might catch up to you in no time
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Howdy campers!

I just wanted to throw a question out there to you guys.

I'm still looking at the Samandan wristband thing and I just wanted to know how many of you would be willing to pre-order them? The issue is that the run of bands will have to be paid for, so I'm wondering if we do a pre-purchase option to raise the initial cash to have them made.

What do you think?

Is this GABIT talk? Or are these for anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      <snip>
                      Spoiler:
                      will the season 10 opener be as exciting? will it take advantage of what that last scene of sam left us with?

i've found most of season 9 giving us something juicy to take in, only for it to fall flat later because the writers didn't know it was exciting to begin with.

the spoiler tags are great.

sally
                      OK, my turn...

Spoiler:
                      I think S10 may surprise us...
                      Spoiler:
                      but I don't think it'll elaborate on that last scene with Sam too much, unless she manages to dial out, like others have suggested.
                      Spoiler:
                      Even then, it'll probably all happen within the first five minutes of the episode.

Pretty cool. How do you do the old-fashioned kind?

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't find Myrth's original post, so could anyone please elaborate on the wristband thing? Thanks......I'm still not up to speed and my brain has been running on auto-pilot the past few weeks, so please, give me a little more time.

Thanks.
                        On fighting:

Comment

minigeeeek
                          I am not going to either con .... but I do pray you are right

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Is this GABIT talk? Or are these for anyone?
                            Myrth , same question for me... wrist band for everyone or G2

Comment

Oh wow, looks like the geek's gonna get pretttty hammered that night, lol

Sweet!

If I start singin' ... I cannot be held responsible.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Speaking of fic-wise - you know what I've wanted to see (but haven't really yet?)

Non shippers, skip this part please.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'd like to red a fic written by someone who's a true believer that Sam and Jack wouldn't do something even remotely normal for the moment that one of them actually proposes marriage... one thing that we don't see in a lot of the (non smushy S/J) fics out there is the actual proposal; they're either already married, or that part gets skipped. I can see why; I don't think it'd happen on bended knee, for example, but neither do I think it'd be some nonchallant thing, either. It'd be as quirky and weird as they are! For the sake of fun, I mean. But I think it'd be neat to read someone like Skydiver or Strix's (yeah, i know-but still) interpretation of what might happen for that fateful moment.

Ah well

mg
                                Hmmm. I might be able to help there.

More things to skip for the ship averse:
                                Spoiler:
                                On various bits of paper, I have various scribbles, adding up to the idea that in the midst of prepping a mission to jump from the Alpha Site to Pacific airspace back on Earth and save the President's butt from the Trust who have Air Force 1 in the sights of a pair of modified Death Gliders, Sam wiggles her way out of the hatch to the electronics bay of the AX-509 (3's Goa'uld and Asgard tech, 4's Hebridan tech, 5's Ancient tech ) where she's fitting the specialized Goa'uld derived control system for the 509's energy weapons, and flabbergasts Jack, who's in 'have you thought this through? what will you do if something goes wrong? have you ever so much as pulled the trigger on this thing's phasers before? who the hell am I supposed to kill if anything happens to you during this?' mode, by asking him to marry her. When Jack starts sputtering, she tells him that there's no time for him to squawk about it just then - he can answer, and give her the best possible incentive to pull off such a crazy a** plan, or he can go back to Washington and explain to the first lady how there was nobody who could reach her husband in time. His decision. Jack chooses wisely and, since neither party has anything resembling a ring on them, one of his dogtags goes with Sam on her flight to save the President, and one of hers stays with Jack on the Alpha site. Which is how Sam ends up never having an engagement ring - though she does eventually have a titanium dog tag with custom engraving.

Last edited by Simhavaktra; 16 March 2006, 04:23 PM.
                                ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X