Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
    LOL! If one immediately knows the cupcake is in the oven, one was cooking with gas a long time ago.
    Though planes fly, guns boom, quips crack, and all manner of ridiculousness ensues - the wise recognize that leadership remains the test of a leader. Sam passes the test. Mitchell... is a joke.
    Great!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I'm not sure if it's actually Sam that is required to boost the ratings, but I definitely think the episodes need more of a team feel and closeness between the 'the big three'. I understand it will take time for the team and the fans to care for Mitchell the way we cared for Jack, but does that mean that the three other members of the team have to stop caring for one another in the meantime? Browder's the new male lead, we get that, but there are still three wonderful actors on the show. Every moment of every scene doesn't have to revolve around Mitchell. Send him off on a donut run or to get a pizza, I don't care, but give me a few moments to actually see closeness between Sam, Teal'c and Daniel again.
      The fact that JM felt the need to make fun of fans asking for more team episodes in one of his last blogs seemed a sign of defensiveness to me. Re: the highlighted point: this is what was so appalling about
      Spoiler:
      the way they handled Sam's return. Sure they had a line indicating Daniel had been in contact, but he seemed so lackadaisical. To paraphrase Sam in "Revelations" (?) "We were a team. No one can know what we meant to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        The fact that JM felt the need to make fun of fans asking for more team episodes in one of his last blogs seemed a sign of defensiveness to me. {snip}
        Spoiler:
        the way they handled Sam's return. Sure they had a line indicating Daniel had been in contact, but he seemed so lackadaisical. To paraphrase Sam in "Revelations" (?) "We were a team. No one can know what we meant to each other."
        And yet one can only assume that Joe or someone like him WROTE that line for her character to say. Which begs a lot of questions, doesn't it? Contrary to what some kids would like to believe, it ain't a pack of script elves writing the episodes out there. These are the same guys who've brought us some great moments over the years. What the heck is goin' on in writer-town these days? Anyone's best guess is as good as mine.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Caption this?

I don't care what kind of implant you try, I'll never believe Cam is my CO.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            I was home sick yesterday and napped to "Proof Positive." Before I dozed off, I noticed how great AT looks glammed up. Darn that woman--she looks great glammed or un-glammed.
            Ain't it the truth! I don't think I come even close to look as good when I'm glammed up as she looks when she's un-glammed. How pathetic is that? Eiyyyeee.

Comment

Leadership influence would be my guess... although the turn around is quite drastic at times.

But hey... season 10, RDA possible appearance in ep 200. There's stuff to look forward to here... if the Carter is on, hope is to be had!!

Originally posted by minigeek
              And yet one can only assume that Joe or someone like him WROTE that line for her character to say. Which begs a lot of questions, doesn't it? Contrary to what some kids would like to believe, it ain't a pack of script elves writing the episodes out there. These are the same guys who've brought us some great moments over the years. What the heck is goin' on in writer-town these days? Anyone's best guess is as good as mine.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                I'd like to see the ratings go down with the Vala/Mitchell show, and see them go up when Amanda appears on Stargate Atlantis.

I don't know if I can stomach staying around for season 11

I'd like to AT get a show on another network, maybe USA they do carry Monk, a good show with smart writing.
                And I would be very happy to see equally high ratings for Vala/everybody else shows, including Sam. I really don't understand majority of you...

Comment

Well, I have to admit, after seeing the spoiler pics for Crusade,
                  Spoiler:
                  I too was reminded of Avalon et seq. big time.
                  But there is one important difference: Sam will be part of the season finale. And here is proof; check out the pics for Camelot on the stargate-project webpage. Granted, Sam is only in 2 out of 7, but I am sure that a lot of you will like pic #4.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                    And I would be very happy to see equally high ratings for Vala/everybody else shows, including Sam. I really don't understand majority of you...
                    Well I think Sam's a fantastic Role Model for young women, inteligent, hardworking, loyal, unnasuming, kind and compassionate - things we should all strive to be. I don't think you can give characters like that enough exposure

Vala shows just how low women can drag themselves - she's a liar, manipulative and doesn't want to work too hard to get the things she wants - flashing her cleavage is hard enough work for her. I gag when this sort of female gets aired in a manner that asks women to believe this is "fun" - it just undermines everything women can be. 1 selfless act doesn't redeem her in my eyes and was surprisingly out of character for someone who bled a race dry for a number of years so she could have an easy life.

I want to like mitchell, but don't think he has been written well and quite simply I think Carter should be leading the team

as for us all liking the big 3 - well it is these three characters - along with Jack - that we have all been watching for 8 seasons, we have not got tired of them. I for one don't think the show needed the addition of mitchell or Vala. It stands to reason if you love the show and characters up to season 8 you wouldn't want to see less of them becasue of 2 new characters - especially if one of them in particular you really didn't like.

So in summary people have different opinions on what they like and dislike. I think that is straight forward enough to understand
                    Last edited by Coley; 23 February 2006, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                      Well, I have to admit, after seeing the spoiler pics for Crusade,
                      Spoiler:
                      I too was reminded of Avalon et seq. big time.
                      But there is one important difference: Sam will be part of the season finale. And here is proof; check out the pics for Camelot on the stargate-project webpage. Granted, Sam is only in 2 out of 7, but I am sure that a lot of you will like pic #4.
                      hey at least they acknowledged taht she existed. that's a plus.

we'll get one last dose of sam before she's written into a corner
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Ain't it the truth! I don't think I come even close to look as good when I'm glammed up as she looks when she's un-glammed. How pathetic is that? Eiyyyeee.
                        yep, she's one of those truly beautiful people

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          What the heck is goin' on in writer-town these days? Anyone's best guess is as good as mine.
                          i think scifi is what's going on.

they want mitch to be the star and star = leader
                          they don't want some weak little woman telling thier star what to do
                          lord forbid we show a WOMAN in a position of power
                          they adore claudia and seem to demand a focus on the character
                          they adore ben and seem to demand a focus on the character (great for those actors and their fans anyway)
                          they seem to not give a fig if amanda's back on the show
                          they seem to not give a fig if michael's back on the show
                          they seem to really not care about chris

in many ways, i think the writers are doing what they can within the confines they've been given...but i do think that cranking out 40 eps is more than they can handle

at least they have managed to sneak a few good sam moments in s9

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i think scifi is what's going on.

they want mitch to be the star and star = leader
                            they don't want some weak little woman telling thier star what to do
                            lord forbid we show a WOMAN in a position of power
                            they adore claudia and seem to demand a focus on the character
                            they adore ben and seem to demand a focus on the character (great for those actors and their fans anyway)
                            they seem to not give a fig if amanda's back on the show
                            they seem to not give a fig if michael's back on the show
                            they seem to really not care about chris

in many ways, i think the writers are doing what they can within the confines they've been given...but i do think that cranking out 40 eps is more than they can handle

at least they have managed to sneak a few good sam moments in s9
                            sadly it appears this way

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                              Well that's better than the title I was given once.
                              The Royal Court's Sh*t Disturber
                              Stirrer, not Disturber.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                Well I think Sam's a fantastic Role Model for young women, inteligent, hardworking, loyal, unnasuming, kind and compassionate - things we should all strive to be. I don't think you can give characters like that enough exposure

Vala shows just how low women can drag themselves - she's a liar, manipulative and doesn't want to work too hard to get the things she wants - flashing her cleavage is hard enough work for her. I gag when this sort of female gets aired in a manner that asks women to believe this is "fun" - it just undermines everything women can be. 1 selfless act doesn't redeem her in my eyes and was surprisingly out of character for someone who bled a race dry for a number of years so she could have an easy life.

I want to like mitchell, but don't think he has been written well and quite simply I think Carter should be leading the team

as for us all liking the big 3 - well it is these three characters - along with Jack - that we have all been watching for 8 seasons, we have not got tired of them. I for one don't think the show needed the addition of mitchell or Vala. It stands to reason if you love the show and characters up to season 8 you wouldn't want to see less of them becasue of 2 new characters - especially if one of them in particular you really didn't like.

So in summary people have different opinions on what they like and dislike. I think that is straight forward enough to understand
                                Wow Coley very eloquently stated
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X