Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Well I have not heard any comments from AT about the leather but I did hear Michael say it was really uncomfortable for him to wear.
    I one of the interviews she did, she mentioned that in Off The Grid they got to dress up in 'sexy, funky leather outfits'

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      Heeheee

OMG Lys I just fell off my chair good an' proper due to laughter.

Scared the dog somewhat! Great manip! I look forward to the rest of the calander
      ct, I agree! If this is just the first page of the Advent calendar, I wonder what Lys has up her sleeve for the entire month!

Great job, Lys! Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Just a bump! Sam's Thread was at the bottom!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Sky, congratulations on the mod promotion.
          YES, congratz, sky!!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

While in the frosty and snowy Berkshires for the Thanksgiving holiday, I had the good fortune to share a girls’ night out with two women who managed to bare it all and give me an exclusive interview. Barbara Walters, eat your heart out as Jester proudly presents …

Jester: Tell me, what brings you both to these lovely mountains and to the same hot tub?

Sam: I was here, visiting friends, when I found out that Vala was also in town, serving Thanksgiving dinner in the local soup kitchen. I decided to stop by and check her out. I thought it might be a perfect opportunity to get to know her better.

Vala: Yes, contrary to what everyone may think of me, I do care deeply about humanity and try to spread joy wherever and whenever I can.

Sam: It’s true. I stopped at the shelter and was overwhelmed by what I saw. There she was, in a white frilly apron and hairnet, slaving over a large vat of mashed potatoes and making eye contact with every poor soul whose plate she touched!

Vala: A full belly is a fulfilling task.

Sam: I was so impressed by Vala’s self-sacrifice that I felt motivated to join in.

Vala: It was a glorious afternoon – Sam and I, side by side; I mashed while she stuffed. As we served dollops of creamy potatoes and cornbread to the unwashed masses, we found a common cause which showed us that we could work well together.

Sam: I think my favorite part of the day, Val, was the group sing-along in front of the community Christmas tree!

Vala: Oh my, yes! For me, too, especially when you let me sing backup to your beautiful rendition of “Let There Be Peace on Earth” played on your guitar. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room by the time we finished.

Jester: Sounds like a Hallmark moment for sure ….

Sam: After spending Thanksgiving together and seeing each other in a new light, I invited Val to join me for a relaxing dip in the hot tub. We’ve both been under so much stress lately, lots of negative vibes surrounding us. What better way to free ourselves of all the pressure?

Vala: Frankly, Sam, I was a bit surprised to see that you were quite comfortable with the whole skinny-dipping thing ...

Sam: Honestly, Val, I’m not the “all work and no play” character that I’m made out to be!

Jester: Blue-jello cocktails anyone?!

Sam and Vala: Yes! Here’s to the holidays and the guys at the SGC and in Washington DC!

At which point Jester climbs out of the tub and treads softly across the moonlit snow to fetch the drinks while giggling, splashing, and a rousing chorus of “to all the men we’ve loved before …” echo from the remaining two gals in the tub.

Happy Holidays, Samanda!

Special thanks to SamFan31 for the wonderful photomanip! I actually did do a hot tub in the snow last week and that's what gave me the idea for this story!
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 03 December 2005, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              Earlier today, when I looked at the links to the new stargate pics people posted, I wasn't sure what I thought of them, but I think I quite like them. My favourite is the one of them all striding along in their leather. It's very different, but interesting. The costume that Sam is wearing is actually quite nice, it's not too sexed up, but has a good look to it. I like the cape thing that she's got. And some combat boots of a slightly different kind . It must be fun for the actors at least, after how many years of wearing BDU's and combat boots, to wear something new. I've accepted that the show's different, now I'm just trying to figure out which differences I like and which I don't.
              I have to say, Amanda is looking superb.

I feel the same way, deepspace. Seeing these pics made me think that I might end up liking the second half. Not only is it great seeing Sam kicking butt!, but also maybe we'll get some good team episodes where members care about each other again. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                Glad it helps

Thanks for doing this, Madeleine_W!! Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  The Hot Tub Dialogues
                  Yeah! Sam cooks…kinda. We suspected these two would get along. Now, thanks to Jester’s in depth interview we know it for a fact. Interviews. Poems. Songs. CG, you must get an agent!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Like your new Avatar, deepspace. Did you just update it or have I been unobservant?

Love the Advent Calendar, Lys!

On Sam's age & rank. Isn't there a chance of getting promoted early? If anyone should have been, it's Sam. And given how brilliant she is, she probably finished her PhD quickly even with the Gulf War being a possible interruption.

How long til the new episodes air? 4 weeks?--I've had to break out the dvds to deal with my withdrawl.

Ditto, jckfan55.

Looking forward to the tomorrow's selection, Lys!

Four weeks? five weeks? until new episodes? Not too bad!

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Has anybody ever found Amanda's convention special from the S8 dvd's for download? I have a feeling the "corrected" disc that we're getting with the full-length Threads won't include the bonus materials that we didn't get. I've been looking for the bonus stuff, but haven't been able to find it anywhere, which I thought was strange.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch
                          Has anybody ever found Amanda's convention special from the S8 dvd's for download? I have a feeling the "corrected" disc that we're getting with the full-length Threads won't include the bonus materials that we didn't get. I've been looking for the bonus stuff, but haven't been able to find it anywhere, which I thought was strange.
                          The Region 4 release had it

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            The Region 4 release had it
                            As well as Region 2
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                              Yeah! Sam cooks…kinda. We suspected these two would get along. Now, thanks to Jester’s in depth interview we know it for a fact. Interviews. Poems. Songs. CG, you must get an agent!
                              I was thinking of MajorSam ... she seems to have connections!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                Like your new Avatar, deepspace. Did you just update it or have I been unobservant?
                                Yep, I did. There are all these pretty new avatars, it's so hard to choose. But I like this one at the moment.
                                And I took off my old sig pic. It was fairly specific to death gliders, and now i'm not a death glider pilot, I'm a... Goa'uld Underling ! Please forgive me for all the terrible things I'm likely to do as a Goa'uld.
                                It's all your fault people! You've been giving me so much rep that I got a quick promotion from Death glider pilot. Ah, my times in the skies were too short. But now I have an X-302 to fly *points to avatar*

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X