No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like your new Avatar, deepspace. Did you just update it or have I been unobservant?

Love the Advent Calendar, Lys!

On Sam's age & rank. Isn't there a chance of getting promoted early? If anyone should have been, it's Sam. And given how brilliant she is, she probably finished her PhD quickly even with the Gulf War being a possible interruption.

How long til the new episodes air? 4 weeks?--I've had to break out the dvds to deal with my withdrawl.

Comment

Oh, and speaking of the DVDs--I watched the S1 feature on General Hammond. Don Davis made a telling remark that the show was "character driven" and more about people than space battles. He also liked that the characters acted in line with the real military (ex. Hammond doesn't go offworld) . And that in an age of anti-heroes he liked that SG1 is heroic.

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        Earlier today, when I looked at the links to the new stargate pics people posted, I wasn't sure what I thought of them, but I think I quite like them. My favourite is the one of them all striding along in their leather. It's very different, but interesting. The costume that Sam is wearing is actually quite nice, it's not too sexed up, but has a good look to it. I like the cape thing that she's got. And some combat boots of a slightly different kind . It must be fun for the actors at least, after how many years of wearing BDU's and combat boots, to wear something new. I've accepted that the show's different, now I'm just trying to figure out which differences I like and which I don't.
        I have to say, Amanda is looking superb.
        Well I have not heard any comments from AT about the leather but I did hear Michael say it was really uncomfortable for him to wear.

CONGRATUALTIONS SKY ON THE NEW MOD PROMOTION!
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I want to send out a huge Thank You to whomever changed the outside of the thread to Sam's head. It makes it much easier for me to find the thread when I log in!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, CONGRATULATIONS Sky!!! Cool promotion! Sounds awesome!

{{{Hugs}}}

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Oh, and speaking of the DVDs--I watched the S1 feature on General Hammond. Don Davis made a telling remark that the show was "character driven" and more about people than space battles. He also liked that the characters acted in line with the real military (ex. Hammond doesn't go offworld) . And that in an age of anti-heroes he liked that SG1 is heroic.
              It's tremendous the way the show has changed since then, isn't it? All of those things are the reasons I also became a fan of SG-1.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                I want to send out a huge Thank You to whomever changed the outside of the thread to Sam's head. It makes it much easier for me to find the thread when I log in!
                Glad it helps

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                  Good One Lys! And it's all your fault, all the ads up the top of the page are now Calendar ads . They must change according to what's been written on the page. I remember once when they were all ads for skydiving .

It's so quiet here.
                  Yeah, they do - I always get the skydiving ones whenever our Denise posts something. That I understand, but I still can't quite work out why, when I went to page 1121 earlier, I got an ad for *Pistol Packing Panties*...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                    Yeah, they do - I always get the skydiving ones whenever our Denise posts something. That I understand, but I still can't quite work out why, when I went to page 1121 earlier, I got an ad for *Pistol Packing Panties*...
                    LOL! When I read your post I got an ad for a bank. Does this mean that,

a: You're loaded with dosh?
                    or
                    b: You're about to do a heist?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      LOL! When I read your post I got an ad for a bank. Does this mean that,

a: You're loaded with dosh?
                      or
                      b: You're about to do a heist?
                      Hah, no (on both counts ).

Unfortunately I'm now back to the usual, dull, bank ads as well. Just at the moment it's for life insurance (which I'll probably need if I don't watch my step round here... ).

At least this makes a change from the one I normally seem to get, which is for pet insurance (thus proving the ads aren't that clever after all - I don't even have a pet, ha ha ).

Comment

Pistol Packing Panties??????? Whoa Baby!
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                          Pistol Packing Panties??????? Whoa Baby!
                          Indeed.

It's probably a good job AD isn't around - he'd be having palpitations at the very thought of it / them.

Comment

Indeed.

It's probably a good job AD isn't around - he'd be having palpitations at the very thought of it / them.
                            Well, I was wondering if he wasn't the one to cause those ads to pop up.
                            Did you check if he was posting on page 1121 1speed ?
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Indeed.

I don't see the add's anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                                Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                I want to send out a huge Thank You to whomever changed the outside of the thread to Sam's head. It makes it much easier for me to find the thread when I log in! Glad it helps
                                lol, I remember us attempting to do that a while ago

Comment

Working...
                                X