Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Wow...for the most part, we Samandans are a short group, ain't we???

I guess we've made up for our lack of height with our breadth of wit and width of snark.
    Absolutely ... large brains in small people! Great turn of phrase there, Uber!

ROTFLOL ... I just had a mental image of Amanda at 5' 9" surrounded by the Samandan munchkins!!

Comment

Since we’re going to be discussing 48 hours, I thought I’d get the ball rolling by contributing some screen caps and audio clips celebrating snarky Sam

Click here to listen

Rodney: Major.
      Sam: Doctor.
      Rodney: I guess we got off on the wrong foot.
      Sam: What probability factor did you use figuring that out?
      Rodney: For the record, I don't work for Colonel Simmons.
      Sam: What difference does that make?
      Rodney: Well I sensed a little tension there. I'm on the Air Force payroll. I report directly to the Chief of Staff.
      Sam: Oh well, that changes everything.
      Rodney: I just wanted to give you my honest analysis, Major. It is a waste of time to assume you’re right about everything, I just thought we could get past that.
      Sam: Leaving more time to devote to your fanclub.

Click here to listen

Sam: God, you're a jerk!
      Rodney: I wish I didn't find you so attractive. I always had a real weakness for dumb blondes.
      Sam: Go suck a lemon!

Rodney: I am not going to Russia. Do you know what the food is like in Russia? Besides I'm a civilian, I don't have to do what you say.
      Sam: Well as long as you're on the Air Force payroll….

NC (standing tall at 5'5" )

Comment

Wonderful clips NC

Amanda looks great with short hair!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Just another thought AT really didn't get a fair chance at the leadership role in season 8 (in my opinion). Season 9 was the season that it could have been reaffirmed.

... In my opinion if Amanda wanted the lead and could commit to the time required for this there is no reason why she shouldn't get the lead and BB could have been brought in as a Major. Or someone esle for that matter.

I got hooked on the show not knowing ANY of the actors - to me that shows it doesn't need a Star name, just great acting and a great show!
          I found Stargate the same way while surfing on my cable channels ... I really did not know any of the actors and only later made the connection to RDA. These actors were a fine ensemble cast and the show could stand on its own with that kind of dynamic.

Yes, "those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end ... those were the days ..."

Comment

Oh I'm 5'7"

We'd make a great line up!!

Comment

Mary Hopkins CG???

Comment

oH cg yOUR POLAND VID HAS FINALLY LOADED!!

Comment

Mary Hopkins CG???
                  LOL ... yes, I thought it was an appropriate "sing along and cry-in-your-beer" kind of song!!

I think that many of us were wishing for more for AT/Sam in S9 but are also glad to have her back onscreen period. It will be a sad day when Sam Carter disappears from our universe and, as you mention (around AT's own personal life decisions), that could happen anytime.

So let's fill our cups half-full and down a toast to our Queen for all the pleasure she's given us for eight great seasons and to her future success. I said it before and will say it again: Amanda is Canada's hidden treasure and TPTB don't realize how lucky they are. Perhaps some other producer/director will move her forward in a new direction and, of course, we Samandans will be following along! Her star is still on the rise ...

Comment

OH cg yOUR POLAND VID HAS FINALLY LOADED!!
                    OT Great to hear, Coley! Just to know: I will be setting up a similar GABIT photo-slideshow when I return from London and hope to invite you all to the site!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      ... doesn't JM even say something like they'd actually have to do a spin-off of the show *if* they'd want to make her "the" leader?! Something like that ... okay, guys, that's the "final solution" - give us The Sam Carter Sci-Fi Hour - I'm ready and willing to watch a woman in charge!!
                      I'm right with you on this.

Sam and Teal'c and a couple of new faces gating around the universe on a science quest with fighting action thrown in.

Hey wasn't that what the show was all about in the first place?

Leaving Mitchell, Jackson, Vala and another in comic strip adventure for the boys!!

I know which one I'd watch!!

Comment

Re: a new sci-fi show starring Sam Carter ... I'm right with you on this.

Sam and Teal'c and a couple of new faces gating around the universe on a science quest with fighting action thrown in.

Hey wasn't that what the show was all about in the first place?

Leaving Mitchell, Jackson, Vala and another in comic strip adventure for the boys!!

I know which one I'd watch!!
                        Me, too ... somehow that whole Sam and T dynamic would be just great, along with Bra'tac on occasion and, heck, they could bring in some interpersonal stuff every once and awhile with Ry'ac and his new bride (BTW - what ever happened to that promising arc?!) and Cassie and phone calls to Jack in Wash DC ... God, the Sam and Teal'c Intergalactic Space Adventure series is looking better by the moment ... quick, get me AT's agent!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 October 2005, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I assume everyone is discussing 48 hours when I'm in bed tonight???

Comment

I assume everyone is discussing 48 hours when I'm in bed tonight???
                            You can start the discussion off now!!

Comment

Crestfallen

I've not watched it yet - was going to do that over tea.

Nice curry, roaring log fire, hugo curled up next to me and Stargate.

Could it get any better???

Comment

speaking of Hugo it is time for his walk!!

Comment

Working...
                                X