Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

With our newly installed assistant administrator, Qasim, representing the Samandans in absentia, the motion has passed!

Dani76 shall henceforth be known as Royal Chief Council.

The Queen looks with favour on this pronouncement and has herewith passed the following decree: "Let it be known that the telling of lawyer jokes is now forbidden in the kingdom."
    Why, thank you, Qasim, minigeek, and ChopinGal, I am truly honored.
    I am actually trying to be one of the good kind in my profession.

Quoting one of my other "role models", Lincoln:
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man."

That shall henceforth be my guiding value in this kingdom of ours.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      Counsel.
      So whos gonna get the blame MG or CG? j/k
      Originally posted by Dani76
      Why, thank you, Qasim, minigeek, and ChopinGal, I am truly honored.
      I am actually trying to be one of the good kind in my profession.

Quoting one of my other "role models", Lincoln:
      "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man."

That shall henceforth be my guiding value in this kingdom of ours.
      Marvellous
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
        Counsel.
        Thanks, parsifal ... my bad! (Don't tell any of my students I had a senior moment ... it seems to be going around this week - right, Coley?!)

mini geek is busy exploding things onscreen ... we can't bother her. I'll take care of the faux pas. Now, THAT I can spell correctly!

Thanks, mg ... I think this bird is gonna get a lot of face time!
        Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 October 2005, 03:26 PM.

Comment

In honor of all Samandans 5' 4" or shorter ...

Thanks to Geogirl for the pic

President of SPotWU
          Short People of the World Unite!

Comment

In honor of all Samandans 5' 4" or shorter ...

Thanks to Geogirl for the pic

President of SPotWU
            Short People of the World Unite!
            Um ex-squeeze me... I am 5 feet 3 1/2 inches tall...

And we prefer the term altitude-challenged...thank you...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Um ex-squeeze me... I am 5 feet 3 1/2 inches tall...

And we prefer the term altitude-challenged...thank you...
              I thought it was vertically challenged?

OK fine, I admit it. I can't spell Counsel !

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Okay, here's one from 48 Hours to get us in the mood ... all captions welcomed!

there dang well better be vodka in this jello!!!
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i come in at a whopping 5'3"

but hey, i an taller than teryl
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=ChopinGal]Okay, here's one from 48 Hours to get us in the mood ... all captions welcomed!

Sam thinks to herself: Maybe if I ignore him he’ll go away.
                    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 08 October 2005, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Well, I am 5'5", but my brother is 6'3", so I always thought that I was rather "short".

BTW - For all those of you who missed Proof Positive with Amanda and who live in the US, SciFi has some episodes scheduled for this month:

10/19/2005 08:00 am Ep 104
                      10/21/2005 12:00 pm Ep 108
                      10/21/2005 01:00 pm Ep 106
                      10/21/2005 02:00 pm Ep 103

I believe the times are Eastern time. And, yes, I really enjoyed watching it.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        I've just read ubers link to JM blog. I must say I was very disapointed as it sounded as though the only way they would consider making Carter lead a team was if it was a team other than SG1. So it was never intended for Carter to lead the team. Perhaps BB would only sign if he got to lead the team - who knows!
                        I am not happy and it looks like Carter will not be leading in season 10.
                        I wonder how AT feels. How hard has a woman got to work to get that all important spot in a show?
                        amanda had the spot last season. perhaps this is from amanda herself that she wants/needs to pull back her time on the show. and since amanda's not having a fit about it, i can't help but believe it's what she wants.

i hope someone asks her about this at gabit.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          amanda had the spot last season. perhaps this is from amanda herself that she wants/needs to pull back her time on the show. and since amanda's not having a fit about it, i can't help but believe it's what she wants.

i hope someone asks her about this at gabit.

sally

It's difficult to say really. It doesn't sound like Amanda was pulling back her time for this season. It seems that she started working full-time fairly soon after returning. Also, BB signed his contract before AT did, I think. So, I think TPTB planned to bring BB in and probably, for all kinds of erroneous reasons, decided to run wild with the publicity that BB was going to be SG1 leader. I doubt TPTB called AT on the phone and said, is it okay if we bring in BB and he'll be leader even though Sam was in season 8. They just did it (and now they are backpeddling a bit about this leadership issue).

It is true that AT does not seem to be upset about it in her interviews, but I might chalk that up to the fact that AT is professional and so is not going to express alot of discontent even if she feels it (hopefully she isn't feeling it). And she is in a funny position in the sense that they accomodated her quite well (thank goodness and as they should, IMO). So she may not want to rock the boat, even though, yeah, she may have wanted and expected to continue as SG1 leader. And/or maybe like you say ---she wants more flexibility now that she sees what it is like to balance career and motherhood (which makes perfect sense too).

I guess I'm saying I don't know if we will really know. AT has the info about how the Mitchell/sam leadership issue played out in the second half---so maybe she does feel comfortable with it -- I hope so because, like Coley said, if AT had hoped to be leader, she certainly deserved to be leader this season, given her time, talent, and commitment to the show for 8 years.

Comment

okay, guys, that's the "final solution" - give us The Sam Carter Sci-Fi Hour - I'm ready and willing to watch a woman in charge!!
                            i'd watch that show!!!

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              I thought it was vertically challenged?

OK fine, I admit it. I can't spell Counsel !
                              DOH!

You're right. Couldn't come up with the right word. ROFL

Although I've seen people say they were "altitude challenged" too just not as often as they'd say they are, you know, vertically challenged.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i come in at a whopping 5'3"

but hey, i an taller than teryl
                                Wow...for the most part, we Samandans are a short group, ain't we???

I guess we've made up for our lack of height with our breadth of wit and width of snark.

Comment

Working...
                                X