Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Don't even get me started... I totally feel ya.

So in other news, when does everyone plan on watching 48 Hours? I'm thinking I'm gonna have to snag an hour on Sunday, since I left all of my seasons (except 4, of course) at my parents' house. And... I'm still debating whether I want to get Season Eight right. Is there ANY redeeming factor to purchasing a Region 1 Set?!?!?
    I'll watch it

And of course there's a redeeming factor to getting the Season 8 set - Half Naked RepliCarter

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      I'll watch it

And of course there's a redeeming factor to getting the Season 8 set - Half Naked RepliCarter
      I'll watch it too!

There's some nice half-naked Daniel action as well!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        I know it's irritating not to have the commentaries, but I'm less upset about that than the shortened version of Threads. The people who do the commentaries do so without compensation, from what I understand. I think we've been incredibly lucky to get as many commentaries as we have. I buy a lot of boxed sets, and SG-1 is the only series that I can think of with commentaries on almost every episode.
        Since it's probably only a small minority of viewers who buy the DVD’s, especially the later seasons sets… I'm upset on behalf of the millions of people who only watch it on their cable channel nightly (or broadcast TV once a week) and who don't get on-line to know they're getting screwed.

I guess what’s rubbing me the wrong way is that for everyone who watches SciFi {or insert appropriate channel for country of residence} that chopped up version is what will become canon. For better, or IMO, for worse. That’s what concerns me - that in 8 years of extremely rare edits of previously aired shows (usually for the cursing and nudity) TPTB (and I don’t mean the writers – I mean the true moneymakers – Skiffy, MGM, Sony) really messed in a major way with an episode. That they messed with a very important story arc and if they do it once, they're more likely to do it again...
        Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 08 October 2005, 03:38 AM.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          I think they're having a discussion about Felger's ineptitude.
          Yep, you’re right parsifal. It is Avenger 2.0. Unless it's a manip of an original cap, I put the ep title (or an abbreviation if it's long) in the cap name & indicate the season by the folder.

GH: Have you and Dr. Felger made any progress?
          SC: I can't find him.
          GH: Excuse me?
          SC: Apparently, Dr. Felger has left the base. I think the pressure was getting to him.
          GH: I thought you said all he needed was a little support.
          SC: Yeah…I may have been wrong about that. Okay, I admit it, he's a complete screw-up. He makes rash decisions based on sketchy evidence, he's clumsy in the lab, he's always late and quite frankly, it wouldn't kill him to ease up on the after-shave, But, the fact is, sir, he's at Stargate Command because he's a brilliant scientist. And no one understands that virus better than he does.
          GH: Then, I suggest you get him back.
          SC: Yes, sir.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I've just read ubers link to JM blog. I must say I was very disapointed as it sounded as though the only way they would consider making Carter lead a team was if it was a team other than SG1. So it was never intended for Carter to lead the team. Perhaps BB would only sign if he got to lead the team - who knows!
            I am not happy and it looks like Carter will not be leading in season 10.
            I wonder how AT feels. How hard has a woman got to work to get that all important spot in a show?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
              No kidding about AT being the only one with a positive comment and show of respect for RDA! She mentioned missing him in another interview when she first started this season. I wish some of the other writers/actors would show the same courtesy. It just goes to show what a sweet friendly person AT must be in real life. From numerous reports she is always making people (new actors or fans) that come on the set feel right at home. It boggles the mind why a select group would choose to continue to bad mouth such a person when they have never met her.

Amanda Tapping, I'm sure, would never say a bad thing about anyone!

I saw her at a convention in Melbourne and she was sooooo nice! Said good things about all of the guys, but she came across as being closest to Christopher Judge, which makes sense since I've read a quote from him once before saying she's like a sister to him. She actually called him on the phone and chatted to him and got everyone to yell out 'hi' to him! No idea what time it was in Vancouver when she did that, but it was very funny!

I can't imagine her saying a bad word about RDA.

I also went to a Michael Shanks convention, though, and he made lots of sarcastic comments about RDA ---- well, they would have been taken as sarcastic, if it wasn't for the fact that he (Shanks) had just left the show.. he said he wasn't happy about Daniel's lack of storyline (I think the Sam/Jack thing bugged him a bit), and was a little defensive, I guess is the best word, about leaving the show to do movies, because someone asked him if he'd go back if the movie thing didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Oh my gawd, that's rich. LOL - We've had a dupe of the correct master sitting in the studio for months now, it was obviously done right (at least once!), and yet they ended up releasing the wrong one? I wonder who's getting fired over this one? Zoiks.
                LOL here too ... what ever happened to "quality control" of production?! This should not have happened. It's irritating for the consumer and for the company too who has to now backstep.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  I've just read ubers link to JM blog. I must say I was very disapointed as it sounded as though the only way they would consider making Carter lead a team was if it was a team other than SG1. So it was never intended for Carter to lead the team. Perhaps BB would only sign if he got to lead the team - who knows!
                  I am not happy and it looks like Carter will not be leading in season 10.
                  I wonder how AT feels. How hard has a woman got to work to get that all important spot in a show?
                  Amen, sistah! I just read the blog too and that's how I'm interpreting the "final solution". They never really considered reinstating her to her former position. And they'll send her out as leader only with other SG units (which they've done already in S9).

I don't know if we'll get a straight answer from AT if the question is posed at GABIT as she is still under contract if they're renewed. But, boy, I'd like to be a nanite and float around in her brain a bit and try to hear her inner dialogue. She was so looking forward to having Carter step up to the plate and be "more proactive" when she returned in S9 ... doesn't JM even say something like they'd actually have to do a spin-off of the show *if* they'd want to make her "the" leader?! Something like that ... okay, guys, that's the "final solution" - give us The Sam Carter Sci-Fi Hour - I'm ready and willing to watch a woman in charge!!

Poor Astro, I don't think we'll ever get her back here now.
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 08 October 2005, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Sally, it's no secret - and nothing terribly exciting I'm afraid. Actually I find it exciting, but I'm a GEEK.

I work for Technicolor in visual effects (post production). My team used to be part of Command Post/TOYBOX until we were bought out. I am (personally) a peon, of the Visual F/X Artist variety. I'm a colleague of (someone on these boards who won't let me mention even her screen name in the public forum on this particular website), except she's a little higher up than me in the food chain (d'oh!).

Basically, I'm a geeky 3D animator with a cool job (who got introduced to the SG-1 fandom obsession by my friggin BOSS, and now spends way too much time in online forums!! lol)

mini

In answer to the unasked:
                    1. Yes, probably.
                    2. Um, "Aviator", "National Treasure", "Startrek Enterprise (the TV series)", my specific team is working on post for "The Sentinel" right now. Not the most exciting post project in the world for the moment, but it's a living!
                    Very impressive, and now that we know you have the power to blow things up or eliminate bodies ... perhaps we should also appoint you as "The Terminator" ... well, I guess it would have to be more formal: Royal Terminator and APM.

Oh yea, what say, fellow Samandans?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      I guess it would have to be more formal: Royal Terminator and APM.

Cooooool. Next stop, GOVERNOR OF CALEE-FOR-NEE-YUH baby!!

mini(I'll be bahk)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        ... doesn't JM even say something like they'd actually have to do a spin-off of the show *if* they'd want to make her "the" leader?! Something like that ... okay, guys, that's the "final solution" - give us The Sam Carter Sci-Fi Hour - I'm ready and willing to watch a woman in charge!!
                        All kidding aside, I actually think that'd be a pretty cool idea. From a professional point of view, Amanda's more than capable of holding her own series down as a lead, and I think it'd actually be a very neat idea to do something super-scientific as a spinoff. I'd watch, and I think there'd be a pretty darn huge viewer-base who would as well (many of whom don't even currently follow Stargate). Truly there's a lot of potential there.

Originally posted by alyssa
                        I also went to a Michael Shanks convention, though, and he made lots of sarcastic comments about RDA ---- well, they would have been taken as sarcastic, if it wasn't for the fact that he (Shanks) had just left the show.. he said he wasn't happy about Daniel's lack of storyline (I think the Sam/Jack thing bugged him a bit), and was a little defensive, I guess is the best word, about leaving the show to do movies, because someone asked him if he'd go back if the movie thing didn't work out.
                        Michael, Michael, Michael.... Diplomatic deep breath. Hic Comitatus Regit, right?

Man's good looking, he's a good actor, he's a smart guy too. Trouble is, he knows all that, and much like our beloved Rodney McKay, he lacks certain "humility genes", which, unfortunately, the entertainment industry holds dear in its actor-class worker bees.

Theoretically speaking, if someone were to write a book in the faaar distant future, and someone were to title that book "Little Known Actors and their Well Known Egos"...

Said good things about all of the guys, but she came across as being closest to Christopher Judge, which makes sense since I've read a quote from him once before saying she's like a sister to him
                        Chris Judge is a sweetheart. Nothing but positive, warm comments from everyone who's ever worked with the man. You really have to admire someone with that kind of personal integrity. Similar to Amanda, it's a rare find in the industry, when it's the genuine kind.
                        Last edited by minigeek; 08 October 2005, 06:55 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]As we say in these parts, "Hoo-whee!" What did you tell them?

Gee, it must be nice to live in Cal-eye-for-neeuh! I wish I had gotten that survey. I would have told them two things about what I want to see in S10:

1. Carter in Charge
                          2. Guest shots by RDA
                          3. A Sam/Jack happy ending!!!!!

Sigh.....but I didn't git no network survey here in the boonies! I need to load up the truck (not that I have a truck) and move to the Shake and Bake State! Sigh.....
                          QUOTE]

Yes I agree with your top three choices. Carter in charge first and foremost would make me sooo happy. I would love to see RDA back and Sam/Jack together even if it's a back story would please me to no end (as long as it's this time line and both of them remember ). I couldn't give you any green. Unfortunately I wasn't given a survey either, but I'm glad there was at least one voice from Samanda. Good job Tsaxlady!

Comment

All kidding aside, I actually think that'd be a pretty cool idea. From a professional point of view, Amanda's more than capable of holding her own series down as a lead, and I think it'd actually be a very neat idea to do something super-scientific as a spinoff. I'd watch, and I think there'd be a pretty darn huge viewer-base who would as well (many of whom don't even currently follow Stargate). Truly there's a lot of potential there.
                            I agree minigeek I'd watch too! I'd love to see the Science behind the Gate that has aired or will air soon in other parts of the world, unfortunately not in my neck of the woods. As far as another drama series I'd say AT could definitely carry a show as lead. I would love to see her in a comedy role as well. AT said she was looking at a few projects while on break, maybe there is time for a movie starring AT!

Diplomatic deep breath. Hic Comitatus Regit, right? So..... theoretically speaking, if someone were to write a book in the faaar distant future, and someone were to title that book "Little Known Actors and their Well Known Egos"...

Comment

Michael, Michael, Michael.... Diplomatic deep breath. Hic Comitatus Regit, right?

Man's good looking, he's a good actor, he's a smart guy too. Trouble is, he knows all that, and much like our beloved Rodney McKay, he lacks certain "humility genes", which, unfortunately, the entertainment industry holds dear in its actor-class worker bees.

Chris Judge is a sweetheart. Nothing but positive, warm comments from everyone who's ever worked with the man. You really have to admire someone with that kind of personal integrity. Similar to Amanda, it's a rare find in the industry, when it's the genuine kind.
                              So is Michael known for having a bit of an attitude? (forgive my ignorance!!) I just found him to be a little more sarcastic, and less praising towards his co-workers than all the others I'd come across.

He was good, don't get me wrong, but at a time when there was a bit of talk about him having problems with the series being 'the Sam and Jack" show, I found it weird that he'd then make sarcastic comments about RDA--- there was some rolling of eyes and stuff. It came off a bit like sour grapes or something. He did tell some great stories though, and was wonderful with the fans doing autographs and chats.

As for the others I've met, Don Davis, Teryl Rothery, Peter Williams and Amanda Tapping were all divine! Just fabulous! I would have loved to see Teryl and Amanda together --- I bet they'd be a great double act, but having Teryl, Don and Peter together was lots of fun. They all just came off as really nice, down-to-earth people who love their job and have fun with their co-workers.

Nice to hear good things about Chris! At the Melbourne convention, Amanda actually called him --- did I mention that before? It was a very funny moment, anyway. She said "you were where? So why did you answer the phone?" or something like that!

Comment

So is Michael known for having a bit of an attitude?

Comment

Working...
                                X