Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    "...Outside at the gate, Strix and 1Speed eyed the strangers warily, suspecting trouble.

Finally, one of the strangers spoke. 'My name is Lightsaber...'"
    Ooooh... Strix left us with a cliffhanger. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Finally, no offense to the Canadian viewers out there - because I love you and think you're really nice - but I totally forgot that SGA's "Aurora" aired for you! I was having some serious psychological and physical problems when all of these screencaps popped up, and I'd thought that the ep had aired without me...
      They even have the new credits! Pretty cool I hope the SG1 ones are as good as the Atlantis ones

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        They even have the new credits! Pretty cool I hope the SG1 ones are as good as the Atlantis ones
        I'm very pumped about that. The UK viewers should be getting those in October, right?!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          I just hope TPTB understand that the people there DO NOT represent the wider fan base...and I certainly hope Amanda never gets wind of that drivel over there...

And nope. Not familiar with that spoiler. It would be a neat twist though...

If you have seen T4H part one then the twist was already revealed.
          Spoiler:
          but it wasnt as much of a twist I guess considering the characters previous attitude.... on the other hand who knew they were that much of an idiot
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i just went over to the sony board... my god, what a joke! every single anti SAMmer i saw are the same exact ppl i see on another hate sam/love daniel forum.

i think someone should go over to the sony board and tell the ppl that like sam and don't want to put up with that crap... come over to gateworld forum!

sally
            Actually, someone already did that lol. And I noticed there was a poster there who seemed named Hail Dorothy who seemed to be rejecting the hate...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              Jack was 2IC of the SGC; that was made clear in canon and he took over for Hammond when Hammond was away, as well. He still went offworld with SG-1. I think Sam could quite easily be 2IC of the base, and I'd love to see that in canon. I don't imagine they'd have to show her pushing any more paperwork than they showed Jack pushing for the position.

mini
              I tried to green you for this post, but you know how it is.
              ÜberSG-1Fan, thank you for the transcript. You put in words the exact reasons I think Sam should be 2IC of the base & it wouldn't hurt her off-world missions.
              Originally posted by AgentDark
              See, I already get the impression that she doesn't report to him. That she isn't subordinate to him, or take orders from him. I dunno, maybe I'm just a cheap date, but I like how its been set up at the moment
              Like others have said, it's the principal of the thing. If they could have Jack as the commander of SGC & still go on offworld missions, whether or not that's reflective of real world military, they can do the same for Sam. In real life, I don't think something like SGC would be run only by the air force. It would be controlled by all 3: airforce, naval & ground troops. How much reality based can it be, we're talking about traveling to other planets by means of worm holes!
              There's a lot of things that "would not have been" if the SGC were a real Air Force operation. But they wrote 'em in anyway. Heh.

mini
              I guess I'm repeating what mini said.

[size=2]Please ignore by computer illiteracy. What does canon & rofl mean?
              Originally posted by LadyJeep
              Me,too. Me,too. I have all the dvds. And since I've finally caught up after my big move to my tiny apartment, I'm up for something fun.
              How are you doing in your new place? Moving is such a nightmare.
              Originally posted by minigeek
              Hey, it'd be super cool if we could all watch the episode at the same time, together, on the same date, while sitting in a chatroom somewhere and gabbing live. You know, making fun of alien hair, as each travesty occurs? Too insane to coordinate, I realize, but fun none the less!
              I'm always welcomed to the idea of getting together to watch Samanda. Anyone in NY? (Looks around hopefully for fellow Samandans.)
              Originally posted by MajorSal
              i've been hunting for (which got me completely side-tracked and i forgot what i was originally looking for ) a quote i saw more than once that described the fourth horseman, with this spoiler -
              Originally posted by MajorSal
              SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
              something about an ally that turns against them... something like that. but anyways, i immediately thought of orlin. what if orlin goes bad? or orlin isn't really orlin, and is already bad?

anyone remember this spoiler?

[color=black][font=Verdana]

sally
              Spoiler:
              I think they're talking about Gerak becoming a prior & the Jaffa accepting the Ori.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 23 September 2005, 05:04 PM.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
              Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

How about we use that 'Best Sam episode' poll for each season? Watch the top 3 or 4 episodes for each season as voted
                Sounds good to me. And thanks Dani76 for the original idea!

Comment

lol, I'm just going by a normal military structure... I'll compare it to a normal Air Wing:
                  General Hammond is in command of the Air Group SGC.
                  Colonel O'Neill is in command of the fighter squadron SG1 (which includes Daniel, Teal'c and Carter), which is assigned to the SGC Air Group.
                  In the SGC Air Group, there's lots of other Squadrons, SG2, SG3 etc etc.

Now the Command group for the SGC is completely seperate from the Squadrons. Which means that squadron leaders don't have anything to do with how the Unit above them is run. The SGC has its own Commander, 2IC, support personal etc.
                  If a Squadron Leader was to get bumped up to the command group for the SGC, they'd leave the squadron they were in.

O'Neill wouldn't have been 2IC for the SGC because he was in command of SG1. It's purely a fanon thing that he was, by people that probably dont quite understand how a base would be run. There's alot involved in running a base. Something like 22 SG teams that need to looked after? Not to mention the loads of other issues that command of a base that size would have to deal with. Carter simply wouldn't be able to do that if she was going offworld every week.

Heh, I hope that makes sense
                  Thanks. I never thought Jack was 2nd in command of the base & wondered where fans got this from. I didn't have your knowledge of squadron set up, but just b/c he was head of the "flagship team" and let's face it SG1 was Hammond's favorite team didn't mean to me that Jack was 2nd in command of the base. I never saw the issue come up, for one thing, so how do we know?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Outside at the gate, Strix and 1Speed eyed the strangers warily, suspecting trouble.

Finally, one of the strangers spoke. "My name is Lightsaber..."

Tag, you're on, deepspace!
                    deepspace you've got your work cut out for you. I predict much action by the Royal Guard.

Comment

I thought that it was addressed in the show that Jack was 2IC of the base. I wish I could remember the instance, but I thought that, while fans DID write it into their posts/fics, it HAD been said at one point in time...

Hmmm...

At any rate, Jack was certainly TREATED like the 2IC. If anything, I thought it was implied, because I would think that SG-1 would have come in contact with the real 2IC, if it had been anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                        Sounds good to me. And thanks Dani76 for the original idea!
                        What a great idea! I don't know if I can keep up with you all but I will surely enjoy what you all have to say.

don't call me Surely...(sorry, I just caught up on all the posts I missed and was particularly enjoying the late night punchiness and the cruise aboard the Homer....)
                        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                          deepspace you've got your work cut out for you. I predict much action by the Royal Guard.
                          Indeed. I'm waiting for the next installment with bated breath....
                          If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                          proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                          Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Hey guys, there are some new screen caps up on the Amanda Tapping Club webpage. I especially liked the ones from the Season 8 DVD Extras. Check it out: http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/...on8/index.html

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                              Thank you so much for this post. I'm so embarrassed because I'm responsible for providing the incorrect e-mail address. Somone else gave it to me. I didn't receive a response from them. If you do get e-mail info for MGM, please do let us know. Here's the mailing address from the official Sg-1 site:
                              Stargate Sg-1
                              C/O MGM
                              10250 Constellation Blvd
                              Los Angeles, CA 90067

Gateworld lists this as the mailing info:

The Bridge Studios
                              Stargate Productions
                              2400 Boundary Road
                              Burnaby, British Columbia, V5M 3Z3
                              Canada
                              Ok I think I am actually going to write a polite as possible letter to someone regarding Sam's leadership and Jack's disappearance. My question is which address should I write too? Should I just send one to both addresses above? I know there is a possibility my letter will just end up in a stack somewhere, but you never know it might fall in the right hand after so many of us have written our concerns someone might actually do something about in season 10. Any advice will be a appreciated. THanks

Comment

Maybe at the same time we can write to Sony about their Fourm.

Comment

Working...
                                X