• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani76

CONGRATULATIONS, QASIM FOR 6000 POSTS

Thank you very much and Congrats to MajorSal aswell

Found some interesting icons:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/aticons/

http://stargate-sg1.hu/jacksrubberduckie/updates.php

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
      I've stopped reading the newspaper again because my heart breaks from the tragedy.
      Me too - I hope everyones families are OK
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Sam is one great Character.

Heres a classic Sam quote to make the shippers happy.

Sam Carter: Daniel, when you were in this alternate reality, were there differences?
        Daniel: Yes. Er, Teal'c was leading the attack on Earth, I wasn't even part of the program, you and Jack were engaged to get married...
        Jack O'Neill: Excuse me?
        Sam Carter: What... ok, er, even if you did experience this alternate reality, doesn't the very fact there were differences mean that we won't face the same fate?
        Daniel: Yes. But the defining event, the death of Ra, took place in both worlds.
        Teal'c: An attack of retribution.
        Daniel: Yes. And the same thing is going to happen here unless we stop it.
        Jack O'Neill: All right. Wait a minute. Let me get something straight here. Engaged?
        Sam Carter: It's theoretically possible.
        Jack O'Neill: It's against regulations.
        Sam Carter: I'm talking physics, sir.
        This ranks up there as one of the most awkward moments in Stargate. One I rewind to watch all the time!!!
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

working on a mine

Sam Carter: Ok, it's flashing green. Is that good?
          Daniel: No
          Sam Carter: Bad?
          Daniel: Bad
          Sam Carter: How bad?
          Daniel: Very bad.
          Sam Carter: DAD!

Its like a jack\daniel thing except with Sam\Daniel and not contentiousness. Definitly a brother and sister vibe... and then a call for Dad.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hey everyone *waves*

Saw a pic of Amanda and a dog a few pages back and was wondering is this Amanda's dog?

Love the icons qasimjavid

Comment

the black lab is her dog abby. i think she and her hubby got abby about season 2 or so. the dog has come to gatecon a time or two. they would auction 'walking the dogs' with her and jr bourne as a fund raiser
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thats so great Dogs are my next passion after Stargate (although dont tell the boyfriend), I would love to win that auction but Id be hard pushed to get to a US Gatecon.

Comment

Fail Safe is probably the ep that stressed me out the most. Huge 'asteroid' hurtling toward earth, gotta fix the cargo ship and get back to earth in time, set the bomb, defuse the bomb, and somehow get rescued. Whew. I need a valium AND a botox after watching all that.

And of course, Sam saved the day by foiling Anubis' evil plan (again). It must rock to be Sam.
                  If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                  proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                  Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Some Sam quotes:
                    Jack: Oh, here we go. Another scientist! General, please...
                    Sam: Theoretical astrophysicist.

Jack: So this iris is gonna hold, right?
                    Sam: If it doesn't, the fail safe device will detonate, this whole mountain will vaporize and there'll be nothing to worry about.

Daniel: Couldn't we call this planet something that's a little easier to remember?
                    Sam: Uh, it's based on a binary code the computer uses for extrapolation.

Jack: He's looking a little pissed.
                    Sam: We did just destroy his fleet.

Jacob: That ship is not like anything the computer records.
                    Sam: Well, we are in a completely uncharted part of the universe.

Daniel: They only fired Apophis, right? Not us.
                    Sam: Well, his ship's much bigger threat.

Jacob: Are you okay?
                    Sam: Just thinking about Teal'c.
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      Your great picture reminds me of another fave Sam moment (paraphrasing here):

Jonas: There has to be a way to open this.

Sam: Jonas. (Cocks weapon (P90, Z100, whatever), Jonas moves. Sam blows a hole in the wall, and they find the object) From "Meridian"

I remember raising an eyebrow at this; Sam actually decided to blow something up rather than reason about it! A Sam moment that so reminded me of O'Neill. And yeah, I recall there was the little matter of Anubis making a pest of himself and his swarm of Jaffa laying siege, but still, I loved Soldier Sam's let's-do-this-danged-thing attitude.

Just sayin'.
                      I love that too. Also in that episode when Daniel says to Sam something like "didn't you tell him?" (O'Neill about the tablet) and Sam either says or gestures with her gun to the effect of "I've been busy!" I know it happens twice and the 2nd time she just gestures. AT conveys so much with a look and gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        ...her dog abby. i think she and her hubby got abby about season 2 or so. the dog has come to gatecon a time or two. they would auction 'walking the dogs' with her and jr bourne as a fund raiser
                        If Amanda's Bouvier is like the one I know, 'walking the dog' would consist of a great deal of 'waiting for the dog to finish investigating objects with interesting aromas' and 'being leaned on, nudged, and otherwise gently herded toward other objects with interesting aromas.'
                        ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a quick pop in before the "marathon" starts, to post a pic of AT. I find her to be so beautiful in this shot.....serene and relaxed and just beautiful. Sorry if this disrupts the flow, but I really love this pic.

You may now resume your regular posting.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            Some Sam quotes:

Jack: Oh, here we go. Another scientist! General, please...
                            Sam: Theoretical astrophysicist.
                            This is my favorite.....

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              working on a mine

Sam Carter: Ok, it's flashing green. Is that good?
                              Daniel: No
                              Sam Carter: Bad?
                              Daniel: Bad
                              Sam Carter: How bad?
                              Daniel: Very bad.
                              Sam Carter: DAD!

Its like a jack\daniel thing except with Sam\Daniel and not contentiousness. Definitly a brother and sister vibe... and then a call for Dad.
                              This Daniel/Sam discussion gets me everytime.....Definitly a brother and sister vibe...I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                Just a quick pop in before the "marathon" starts, to post a pic of AT. I find her to be so beautiful in this shot.....serene and relaxed and just beautiful. Sorry if this disrupts the flow, but I really love this pic.

You may now resume your regular posting.
                                Not if your eyes develop a fixation on a certain pic
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X