RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    How about this one? (the hair could be stickier-up, I know )...

I could always help to make it sticky-up!!!!!!!!! (The hair, gals....the hair!)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
      Looks good...what do you think, bev? Is the hair close enough?
      I believe the school teacher in me is showing through when I say "Could do better!"
      sigpic

Comment

How about the lower lip action? (That's for RUNE),
        I'm quite partial to some lower lip action too!
        sigpic

Comment

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...erday10101.jpg
          Hey, Dex, mine's bigger than yours.
          sigpic

Comment

Bye, AQO Thanks for the bumping. Sorry I couldn't play more with you today.

OK, I'm keeping the man up....(I kinda like Dex, though - JM's from Hawaii! )

I like Dex, too. Very hunky!

Of course, Jack is numero uno!
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              I'm quite partial to some lower lip action too!
              OK, Bev. Duly noted!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BethI
                I posted this in the off topic thread and someone suggested I post it here because some of you are Ernie fans....

================

I am a big fan of Richard Dean Anderson, especially Jack O'Niell.

I don't know if many of you are aware of it, but he played in another TV series called Legend. In it RDA played Ernest Pratt, a gambling, womanizing, hard-drinking writer who has created a dashing literary hero, Nicodemus Legend, the main character in a wildly imaginative series of dime novels set in the dangerous, untamed West. Pratt has created Legend in his own image, and all the novels are written in the first person. Because of this, many readers believe that Ernest Pratt is Nicodemus Legend. The irony is that while Pratt himself is something of a lost soul, he has created in Nicodemus Legend a romantic hero who embodies all the optimism and creative spirit of America in the 1870s.

<snip>

If you are a Richard Dean Anderson fan, you owe it to yourself to check out this show. If you still have any doubts about whether or not you'd like RDA in this role, just check out his picture in my signature.

Now honestly, is THAT a face you can refuse?

LOL!

Here's the URL: http://www.nicodemuslegend.com/
                Ernie, Ernie. Look! LOOK! You've got a website.
                JEC: I do! Does this mean I'm famous?

JRC: Dream on, Mr. Pratt. Legendary. Hah!
                Rourke! There's no call for that. Garage. Until morning.

(added - in shock)
                **** OMG! I'm listed on the web site. At least, one of my fan fics is. ****
                Last edited by Jynjyr; 11 October 2005, 05:26 PM.
                You're never too old to do something goofy.
                sigpic
                Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                  I like Dex, too. Very hunky!

Of course, Jack is numero uno!
                  No question!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61
                    I hate to be a party pooper here but I guess I might be. I kind of think if we start a letter campaign trying to get RDA back on the show it would make it seem to him that we are mad he left. RDA left for very good and noble reasons, mainly to be able to devote more time to his daughter. He gave us 8 great seasons, 2 more than he ever really intended and I am greatful for that. He even did come back this season for a couple of shots.

I think if we are going to write letters it should be to the Powers That Be (TPTB) since they are the ones who messed up and are messing up on giving us closure for his character. He came back for 2 shows and all we got was "So, lunch?" UGH. How hard is it for them to make a comment in an ep that he is doing Hammonds job now or whatever he's doing and that he got a promotion. Yes we saw the stars but not even a mention was made about that. To me, that's what I am angry about, at TPTB not at RDA.

But maybe it's just me.
                    Oh, gee! I never wanted anyone to think that! In my letter, I told him how thankful I was for his time, how happy he made us, AND how glad we are that he's pursuing more time with his daughter. But Don S. Davis told someone I know at the New Jersey con this summer that RDA thinks we ARE mad at him for leaving. That's why I wanted everyone to write.....so he would know that we support his decision.

But I'd also like to let him know that we'd like to see him on Stargate again.....not as a regular, but as a guest. Just 2-3 eps a year for however long the series continues would keep Jack O'Neill alive for us.....without compromising Wylie's quality time. I don't think RDA ever said he would never work again. He just didn't want to be in Vancouver working 14-15 hour days all the time while Wylie was in California.

I feel somewhat responsible, because writing him was my idea. That's why I'm posting this. We wouldn't be asking him to come back as a regular.....just to drop in for a few on-screen visits! I don't think that's asking too much. And I didn't want him to think we were upset with him for leaving.......and if Don S. Davis says he thought that, I think that's a pretty reliable source.

I agree that everyone should do what they feel lead.....or not lead.....to do. But my idea was born of NOT wanting RDA to think we resented his departure!

Comment

bump...

[url]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/my1cutie/RDA%20Jack/jackotherguys2.jpg[/Iurl
                      You know Admiral,

I think that all qualifies as a Jack Attack....

Thank you so much!

S

Comment

I am! I've been here between doing REAL work and restoring picture links on MW....

Some more pouty lower lip...

Congratulations, Mala, on your triple axle thunk! Bravo!
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Thank you, thank you! You've inspired me to go for a few more!

sigpic

Comment

Ditto, those were beautiful! I love and miss you Jack/RDA!

Comment

A smiling Jack...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
                                Ditto, those were beautiful! I love and miss you Jack/RDA!
                                Thank you, purpletoo1. Oh, how I miss him, too...

One more for tonight... *sigh*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X