RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

I proudly present the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread.

Most of you have been really good in following the rules and I want to thank you for that! For those who need reminding and those who want to refresh their memory here are the rules for posting pictures in this thread:

There is a great way to attach pictures to the thread, using them to make thumbnails so that folks can see what's there without that same picture downloading over and over and over. Just use the attachments button below. This is the preferred way of posting pictures!

If you choose to put the photos in your post, they do have to fit a couple of criteria;

They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than *100KB in file size*.**This also applies to animated images posted as "gifs" etc**

If they are called from another *server you must have permission to hotlink to them. Links like this do put a drain on servers and too many folks linking to too many pictures has been known to take a server down every once in a while.
    * ie NO hotlinking from other sites,other people's offsite accounts or other forums.Use a third -party hosting service .eg,Photobucket/Imageshack.
    Save the pics /gifs to the third-party account ,then upload to GWF ,but check the image file sizes /actual sizes comply with our posting rules and fit within the forum template boundary.
    Thank you .
    Bagpuss.

You cannot quote the pictures in your replies. Multiple copies of the pics just drain more bandwidth.

Last but not least, please remember our spoiler rules! Feel free to post links to spoilery pictures with the appropriate warning of spoilers though.

Thank you for adhering to these rules; now let the thunking continue!

Feli
    GateWorld Moderator
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 December 2010, 07:48 AM. Reason: Edited to clarify what other servers means.

woo hoo! never thought that i would get the first post after the mods. allright then 'ladies' lets get those supplies over here!

Comment

Moving Day......Here's something to start the move off...
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Does MacGyver ever get the girl? I'm seeing it for the first time in reruns when I can (not that often) and in one episode the old girlfriend he is still in love with decides to become a nun! In another he falls for someone who has been hired to kill him. Yet another I didn't see the beginning but he sure seems sad when he says good-bye as she's staying put in the woods for some reason. Another old girlfriend I think. I know in the last of the episodes he finds a son as I happened on that one a while back, so he must have got some action when much younger. (Though I didn't get who the mother was or what happened to her. Another time I didn't see the beginning.) Of course, the format of the show means he's a rolling stone. But it couldn't have hurt to have him be with a girl for a while, I think. I'm beginning to think he's too nice.
        Last edited by Gatetrixer; 06 August 2004, 03:04 PM.

Comment

How could he be too nice with a name like Angus?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
            How could he be too nice with a name like Angus?

Ah, but they didn't give him a first name until late in the show's run-- I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              Ah, but they didn't give him a first name until late in the show's run-- I read.
              That is true

But Angus man.. that just sounds beefy. Masculine. Prolific *wink*

Comment

Well, here in Scotland, Angus is a common name, so he's ok in my books!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  Well, here in Scotland, Angus is a common name, so he's ok in my books!!!!!
                  So is McLeod and those McLeods are crazy! (my step family are McLeods) hehe

I wish they'd put out Mac episodes on DVD. Yup :|

Comment

Does MacGyver ever get the girl? I'm seeing it for the first time in reruns when I can (not that often) and in one episode the old girlfriend he is still in love with decides to become a nun! In another he falls for someone who has been hired to kill him. Yet another I didn't see the beginning but he sure seems sad when he says good-bye as she's staying put in the woods for some reason. Another old girlfriend I think. I know in the last of the episodes he finds a son as I happened on that one a while back, so he must have got some action when much younger. (Though I didn't get who the mother was or was happened to her. Another time I didn't see the beginning.) Of course, the format of the show means he's a rolling stone. But it couldn't have hurt to have him be with a girl for a while, I think. I'm beginning to think he's too nice.
                    TPTB have let Mac get the girl several times, I believe. I can't tell you
                    the names of the episodes, as I don't know them! (I'll bet Rural could,
                    though.)

I've read on some Mac site or another that the female population didn't
                    take too kindly to having a girl touching Mac's lips with any body part
                    (lips, fingers...) Well it didn't say THAT, but it said the female fan base
                    was screaming to not let him keep a steady girlfriend.

Even then, fans wanted RDA to ourselves.

Poor MacGyver! So deprived and all.

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                    appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                    full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                    in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
                      That is true

But Angus man.. that just sounds beefy. Masculine. Prolific *wink*

Beefy? Rare or well done? I take you aren't talking about "steers" when it comes to Anguses.

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                        TPTB have let Mac get the girl several times, I believe. I can't tell you
                        the names of the episodes, as I don't know them! (I'll bet Rural could,
                        though.)

I've read on some Mac site or another that the female population didn't
                        take too kindly to having a girl touching Mac's lips with any body part
                        (lips, fingers...) Well it didn't say THAT, but it said the female fan base
                        was screaming to not let him keep a steady girlfriend.

Even then, fans wanted RDA to ourselves.

Poor MacGyver! So deprived and all.
                        So he got the girls, but for how long? Did they all become nuns? I've never been like that I always wanted the hero to end up with the girl, which is why I'm now a shipper for Sam/Jack. And held my breath for Han/Leia.

Comment

Beefy? Rare or well done? I take you aren't talking about "steers" when it comes to Anguses.
                          Ain't no bull here

Comment

Does MacGyver ever get the girl? I'm seeing it for the first time in reruns when I can (not that often) and in one episode the old girlfriend he is still in love with decides to become a nun! In another he falls for someone who has been hired to kill him. Yet another I didn't see the beginning but he sure seems sad when he says good-bye as she's staying put in the woods for some reason. Another old girlfriend I think. I know in the last of the episodes he finds a son as I happened on that one a while back, so he must have got some action when much younger. (Though I didn't get who the mother was or what happened to her. Another time I didn't see the beginning.) Of course, the format of the show means he's a rolling stone. But it couldn't have hurt to have him be with a girl for a while, I think. I'm beginning to think he's too nice.
                            *steps in* Well I'm not the only Mac nut to frequent the thread but as Oz indicated I can name the eps.

"The Road Not Taken" is the one where the old girlfriend becomes a nun. There are several eps that showcase Mac's fear of committment. "Flame's End" "Jericho Games" "MacGyver's Women" to name a few. And no, none of those ladies became nuns. Though having kissed that man... Oh never mind....

"The Negotiator" is the second ep you refer to. She was a nasty piece of work and returned in another ep called "Unfinished Business".

"The Endangered" is the ep with the girlfriend who 'stays in the woods'. She's a park ranger and again Mac's fear of committment lost him the girl. When he was finally ready she had moved on. Can't wait forever I guess.

The final ep of the series, if you don't count "The Mountain of Youth", was called "The Stringer" Sam's mother was executed by a Chinese general. She was a freelance journalist. So again the girl gets away. Though the implication was that Mac really loved her.

Nikki Carpenter is the woman Oz referred to in her post. I think she was in seven episodes. Perhaps the height of the Nikki/Mac Ship (If there was such a thing) was in "GX-1" and "The Widowmaker" The latter was an excellent story and involved Mac's old friend and more emotional running. The Mac character was very troubled and found it difficult to truly committ to anyone. His dearest friends were Pete Thornton and Jack Dalton. Women moved through his life constantly but in the end he remained alone.

Blame it on the female population for Nikki being written out, just as Oz implied. I was nearing 20 during that time and looking back I think the producers were correct. We could never have had the stories MacGyver was known for if there had been a little woman sitting at home, or even clinging to his coat tails. Makes for a lonely man however.

Heh, what I wouldn't have given then or now to make it all better for Mac/Jack! I may be "Keeper of the THUNK" and happily married but I'm not dead!

Comment

Well I have yet to make first post, except when I started a new thread and the mods did right behind me, making mine redundant... Anyway... here are some new/old pictures of THE MAN.The fourth one had me dribbling... Gods that earlobe and that lower lip! And how about two Jacks for the price of one. I'll take the one in BDUs for a little test...er....well you know.... Love the smirky smile in the last couple.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...da1_demons.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...reandwater.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/TinMan28.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../TinMan232.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../TinMan240.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../TinMan249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../TinMan250.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X