RDA/Jack O'Neill Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ivy714
    I have this but its not sticky-up hair....
    and this but it's not really sticky-up either.

Thats about all I have thats kinda close to having both. Sorry

No sorry necessary...I was just thinking how great it would be to have one pic that would squee bev and Rune at the same time...and if he was in leather...well...we could have everyone drowning in the drool drum.

Comment

Time for me to take off, thanks for the thunks today
      Later GG's

My LJ

Comment

Later, ivy! Thunks to you, too!

Comment

bump...

Comment

I posted this in the off topic thread and someone suggested I post it here because some of you are Ernie fans....

================

I am a big fan of Richard Dean Anderson, especially Jack O'Niell.

I don't know if many of you are aware of it, but he played in another TV series called Legend. In it RDA played Ernest Pratt, a gambling, womanizing, hard-drinking writer who has created a dashing literary hero, Nicodemus Legend, the main character in a wildly imaginative series of dime novels set in the dangerous, untamed West. Pratt has created Legend in his own image, and all the novels are written in the first person. Because of this, many readers believe that Ernest Pratt is Nicodemus Legend. The irony is that while Pratt himself is something of a lost soul, he has created in Nicodemus Legend a romantic hero who embodies all the optimism and creative spirit of America in the 1870s.

This role is sooooooooo different than any other of RDA's roles! He is simply hilarious in it! RDA has a notorius sense of humor and he really lets it fly in this series! He has often said in interviews over the years that this was his favorite project. He really loved doing this show and playing this role so much that it really shines through his performance!
            Legend aired for only one season in 1995 and I missed it then, but I was recently lucky enough to get hold of a copy of this series. I loved it so much that I decided to create a web site dedicated to it.

The web site has tons of screen captures, sound clips, and even video clips! The video clips in particular give you a good idea of what the show was like and just how funny RDA is in this role. To get to the caps/sounds/videos, go to the Episodes page.

Since this is a new web site, I have not yet had the time to create screen caps/sounds/videos for all the episodes, only for the first episode, "Birth of a Legend." But, I will be adding the other eisodes over time. So check back once in a while.

If you are a Richard Dean Anderson fan, you owe it to yourself to check out this show. If you still have any doubts about whether or not you'd like RDA in this role, just check out his picture in my signature.

Now honestly, is THAT a face you can refuse?

LOL!

Here's the URL: http://www.nicodemuslegend.com/
            Beth

Comment

Pratt? Yeah...great guy! What? Beth has pics to post? Sure!

Comment

bump...

Comment

lunch bump...

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                    Anyone got fingerless gloves with sticky-up hair at the same time? Don't think I've seen that...hmm...
                    How about this one? (the hair could be stickier-up, I know )...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BethI
                      I posted this in the off topic thread and someone suggested I post it here because some of you are Ernie fans....

================

I am a big fan of Richard Dean Anderson, especially Jack O'Niell.

I don't know if many of you are aware of it, but he played in another TV series called Legend. In it RDA played Ernest Pratt, a gambling, womanizing, hard-drinking writer who has created a dashing literary hero, Nicodemus Legend, the main character in a wildly imaginative series of dime novels set in the dangerous, untamed West. Pratt has created Legend in his own image, and all the novels are written in the first person. Because of this, many readers believe that Ernest Pratt is Nicodemus Legend. The irony is that while Pratt himself is something of a lost soul, he has created in Nicodemus Legend a romantic hero who embodies all the optimism and creative spirit of America in the 1870s.

This role is sooooooooo different than any other of RDA's roles! He is simply hilarious in it! RDA has a notorius sense of humor and he really lets it fly in this series! He has often said in interviews over the years that this was his favorite project. He really loved doing this show and playing this role so much that it really shines through his performance!
                      Legend aired for only one season in 1995 and I missed it then, but I was recently lucky enough to get hold of a copy of this series. I loved it so much that I decided to create a web site dedicated to it.

The web site has tons of screen captures, sound clips, and even video clips! The video clips in particular give you a good idea of what the show was like and just how funny RDA is in this role. To get to the caps/sounds/videos, go to the Episodes page.

Since this is a new web site, I have not yet had the time to create screen caps/sounds/videos for all the episodes, only for the first episode, "Birth of a Legend." But, I will be adding the other eisodes over time. So check back once in a while.

If you are a Richard Dean Anderson fan, you owe it to yourself to check out this show. If you still have any doubts about whether or not you'd like RDA in this role, just check out his picture in my signature.

Now honestly, is THAT a face you can refuse?

LOL!

Here's the URL: http://www.nicodemuslegend.com/
                      Welcome to the Thunk thread, BethI!! GREAT website! (although I've only skimmed a little, so far ).

I never saw LEGEND when it was originally broadcast, but thanks to a friend, I've seen the pilot. I'd love to see more. I signed the DVD petition a while ago. It'd be great to hear RDA do the commentary for the series.

There are a couple of other LEGEND fans here - Jynjyr and Susan/Ewokmonster (she has a great RDA site with some Legend caps - ww.ewokmonster.com).

I have some pictures of Ernest in my collection, too, but not enough. I like to find old ones and 'scrub' (restore) them up for myself. Here's one I did of the poster for Jynjyr:

Last edited by Mala50; 11 October 2005, 11:31 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                        How about this one? (the hair could be stickier-up, I know )...

Looks good...what do you think, bev? Is the hair close enough?

Comment

And a scrub I made from an episode cap (I don't know which one it is...I'm sure you know ):

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                              Looks good...what do you think, bev? Is the hair close enough?
                              How about the lower lip action? (That's for RUNE),
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                How about the lower lip action? (That's for RUNE),

Yep...that's an added bonus...she'll be a pile of goo for sure. Well done, Mala.

Comment

Working...
                                X