This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    There's a great XF fic out there where they rent their own private tropical island for a couple weeks - where they can do whatever they want in whatever attire they want. <vbEEg> I'd like to see a story with Jack and Sam doing that.

I love x-files ..I watched "The truth" last night ...That motel room scene The fic must be after that scene then !!!??

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      ses110 once again I totally agree with you, I too am having a difficult time thinking positive thoughts about the rest of season 8. I have so enjoyed the relationship between Jack and Sam and I think I really bought in to the fact that we were finally going to get our resolution. I am not trying to bring anyone down, in fact I would love to be able to go on like you guys have but... In case, Season 8 spoilers Threads and Moebius 1 and 2
      Spoiler:
      Since the beginning all we have heard as shippers is that Sam and Jack can't get together because of the regulations; well now at the beginning of Season 9, without us seeing it, they are going to do away with the regulations and we won't be able to enjoy the out-come. Jack is gone, Sam will be gone for a while and the whole show will take on a different approach and new people. I kind of feel like I walked into a brick wall when I wasn't expecting it. I know other people have said that we should be happy because Sam and Jack are together and yes I agree they did hint at that yet again but I thought we moved passed hinting by now. If TPTB were going to remove the regulations right at the beginning of Season 9 anyway why couldn't they have done it at the end of Season 8. Yes I did enjoy the kissing scene between Jack and Sam that we did get in Moebius 2 if I didn't I wouldn't be posting in this thread like I have, but the two people who were resolving their relationship were not the same two that I have watched for the last eight years (and I don't mean because of the timeline and all, I mean because of their actions). Yes a lot was left up to the imagination and maybe that is my point, why did I have to watch Sam and Pete (nightmare city) and Jack and Kerry (thank goodness it was quick) with their obvious consummating of the relationship but when it comes to Sam and Jack I have to imagine it when in fact the regs would be casually tossed aside in the first episode of season 9 and then on with the new people. Don't get me wrong I liked Moebius 2 it was funny, no tension, Sam and Jack kissing (I could have watched that all day) but for a season finale and an eight year closure to a passionate relationship (with one of the two leaving and not possibly coming back), I was disappointed. Of course add to that that I adore RDA and I guess you can see my dilema. Lets face it I have imagined the possibility of Sam and Jack together, I have imagined how they would get together, I have imagined their future together, that is what has aided in keeping me here, but just for this once I wanted TPTB to show us that the two people we have watched passionately for the last eight years, acting like themselves openly, finally finding comfort, peace and love with each other, and giving my imagination the night off.

Edited to say Caty I am so looking forward to your video, they always put a smile on my face and a beat in my heart.
      ((((Nickatell )))

I hope you put that post in the Mobieus 2 thread so that Joe or other TPTN can read it ...I think this is exactly what ALL the shippers think

As for the video ..it demands a lot of preparations but I'm getting there and all I can say is ..It will be a very happy video

Caty

Comment

Hey guys, just showing off my new sig....

((((((HUGS SHIP FAMILY)))))))

Think little of the dingers as the dingers think little themselves.

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
        -Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by Elkeli

Awwwwwwwwww! That's one adorable sig Elkeli!
          I love the "moments" theme to it

--Tan

Comment

Why thank you

here's a little gif I made a while ago....

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
            -Stargate Theme

Comment

Hey Kel ((((((((((((Kel)))))))))))))) Excellent sig
              And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by PoeticTragedy
                Hey Kel ((((((((((((Kel)))))))))))))) Excellent sig

Afternoon! (or on the planet or normal people, night) lol.

Went to an english today and one of our course texts is an extract from paradis lost by Milton. She mentioned it and i'm like, "yes, quite a good episode" hehhe

-Stargate Theme

Comment

Afternoon! (or on the planet or normal people, night) lol.

Went to an english today and one of our course texts is an extract from paradis lost by Milton. She mentioned it and i'm like, "yes, quite a good episode" hehhe
                  lmao Maybourne you rat B******
                  And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Why thank you

here's a little gif I made a while ago....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...73/smilies.gif
                    woah! that's so funny and sweet at the same time! Great work!

--Tan

Comment

lmao Maybourne you rat B******

"Sir, permission to beat the crap out of this man..."

Love the Sam shippy scene though, she was so sad Teal'c was like the hugging tree or something in that scene lol.

-Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by scaryperson
                        woah! that's so funny and sweet at the same time! Great work!

--Tan

Ahhhh, exactly what I was going for lol. The long version was better, there were similies and everything but the file was too big.

-Stargate Theme

Comment

"Sir, permission to beat the crap out of this man..."

Love the Sam shippy scene though, she was so sad Teal'c was like the hugging tree or something in that scene lol.
                          lol awwww .....*imagining teal'c as a tree hugger*

Comment

lol awwww .....*imagining teal'c as a tree hugger*
                            BWAHAHAHAH! That's such a strange image....

-Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                              ses110 once again I totally agree with you, I too am having a difficult time thinking positive thoughts about the rest of season 8. I have so enjoyed the relationship between Jack and Sam and I think I really bought in to the fact that we were finally going to get our resolution. I am not trying to bring anyone down, in fact I would love to be able to go on like you guys have but... In case, Season 8 spoilers Threads and Moebius 1 and 2
                              Spoiler:
                              Since the beginning all we have heard as shippers is that Sam and Jack can't get together because of the regulations; well now at the beginning of Season 9, without us seeing it, they are going to do away with the regulations and we won't be able to enjoy the out-come. Jack is gone, Sam will be gone for a while and the whole show will take on a different approach and new people. I kind of feel like I walked into a brick wall when I wasn't expecting it. I know other people have said that we should be happy because Sam and Jack are together and yes I agree they did hint at that yet again but I thought we moved passed hinting by now. If TPTB were going to remove the regulations right at the beginning of Season 9 anyway why couldn't they have done it at the end of Season 8. Yes I did enjoy the kissing scene between Jack and Sam that we did get in Moebius 2 if I didn't I wouldn't be posting in this thread like I have, but the two people who were resolving their relationship were not the same two that I have watched for the last eight years (and I don't mean because of the timeline and all, I mean because of their actions). Yes a lot was left up to the imagination and maybe that is my point, why did I have to watch Sam and Pete (nightmare city) and Jack and Kerry (thank goodness it was quick) with their obvious consummating of the relationship but when it comes to Sam and Jack I have to imagine it when in fact the regs would be casually tossed aside in the first episode of season 9 and then on with the new people. Don't get me wrong I liked Moebius 2 it was funny, no tension, Sam and Jack kissing (I could have watched that all day) but for a season finale and an eight year closure to a passionate relationship (with one of the two leaving and not possibly coming back), I was disappointed. Of course add to that that I adore RDA and I guess you can see my dilema. Lets face it I have imagined the possibility of Sam and Jack together, I have imagined how they would get together, I have imagined their future together, that is what has aided in keeping me here, but just for this once I wanted TPTB to show us that the two people we have watched passionately for the last eight years, acting like themselves openly, finally finding comfort, peace and love with each other, and giving my imagination the night off.

Edited to say Caty I am so looking forward to your video, they always put a smile on my face and a beat in my heart.
                              Very good & well thought out post Nickatell. I think you eloquently expressed many of the concerns many fan have.

RE: end of S7, S8...
                              Spoiler:
                              I remember our many conversations (and rants) here last spring and summer about how the 'skin-n-sex' scenes of Sam and Pete TPTB forced on viewers raised the threshold bar so to speak for all romantic ships on SG (even Dan & Sha're's romantic liaisons were never treated like that, in fact we never got to see them)... I remember how when we saw Heroes & *especially* Lost City and it seemed TPTB were still dangling that S/J ship carrot out there for us, we were like WTF??? And when S9 started without touching at all on the doubts, worries and concerns Sam had her ship w/Jack (Ok so she angsted in Affinity, but it wasn't over Jack... it was over was she doing the right thing for Pete?) I also remember that some (not all) of us said that if and when they resolved it, they now had Chimera as the standard against which *any* resolution would be measured against. That's why we weren't asking for the bedroom scenes, but were looking for a tad more than 'oh we should have gone fishing years ago' (well, yeah, what have shippers been saying for years?).. something that couldn't be interpreted fifty ways to Sunday.

Your disappointment is shared. I'm going to watch the 1st shows of S9, but it will be the knowledge that it's going to be a much different show (which I will give a chance) than what attracted me to it and that the S/J 'icing' on top of that SG cake that I already liked most likely won't be there....

Now JM said in his Q&A thread that in the 1st show of S9 there would be mention of where Sam & Jack in relation to why we would not be seeing much of them. I know I'm interested in hearing what leaks out of the studio now that S9 filming has started concerning this dialogue.

((((Nickatell))))
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                When I saw Reckoning 2, I was wondering the same thing, but I think it had to do with
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam wanting to talk about Daniel probably being dead, and Jack didn't want to talk about it.
                                Threads
                                Spoiler:
                                The beginning of Threads helps to clarify the ending of Reckoning 2 between Sam and Jack.
                                Hope that helps.
                                my thoughts on the end of reckoning
                                Spoiler:
                                i just had been wondering what would cause Sam to have cold feet concerning Pete-we had no indication that she had second third or any thoughts other than she was getting married. I believe that part of the tensions going on at the end of reckoning was not just daniel-but sam saw something in jack's eyes-something that he had been trying to hide -for a while-but most especially since the engagement. And Sam saw it-and Jack showed it in the scene after she left. He knew she was upset-and his own feelings were there. I am not taking anything away from Daniel being lost-he was a a part of their souls-but I think that there was so much more going on in that scene-and I never thought the boys from vancouver could do subtle, but they did. otherwise, for me, threads made no sense at all.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X