Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S8 so far has not been what I expected. After reading the articles in SciFi mag and other periodicals, I expected less UST, more RST between Sam & Jack, more action, more round spinny thing happening, more off-world adventures.

A couple of the eps have stood out IMHO, like 'New Order Parts 1 & 2' (we got "the look"), 'Zero Hour' (RDA was awesome!) and 'Avatar' (CS was great in this ep).

I'm still giving TPTB the benefit of a doubt...I will still watch 'cause RDA is a thunk! AT is beautiful and smart! MS is cute (my sister likes him)! CS has lots of thunky muscle!

I want our ship even if I have to go out there with a tug boat to bring it into the harbor! I have to keep the faith! I have to believe!

-- AmberMoon

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      Threads
      Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong, I not uncomfortable about Jack sleeping with someone else. I have never assumed that either Jack or Sam were without companionship. The picture just caught me off guard, I was hoping to just assume there were sleeping together, not have to see it. It was the same with Pete and Sam. I would just rather to have assumed it than see it.
      I agree with you Rogue. Some things are best left to the imagination.
      sigpic

Comment

also those threads pic
        Spoiler:
        look at the Sam pic!! I swear, she's about to tell him? i swear, the words just out her mouth were

'I realised, I don't love pete. I love..someone else'
        Jack 'who?'

and just then Kezza interuppts
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          hey, guess who's not in any of the new spoiler pics!

Spoiler:

Pete! That's gotta be a plus, right?
          Of course!!
          Spoiler:
          Pete will be gone by the end of Threads. As will Kerry. We know Sam is going to be reconsidering her engagement. Kerry is going to see that Jack is holding back from their relationship because of his feelings for Sam. IMHO there is absolutely no way they can justify having them there, in these relationships once that happens.

Comment

I've had a temporary setback, but I'm gritting my teeth and girding my loins, and against all odds, and all the evidence, I still believe, in Citizen Joe
            Spoiler:
            there will be the kiss..or at least The Look. I know received wisdom is that it'll happen in Moebius, but judging by the way they're looking at each other in those Threads pics, I reckon it'll happen straight away. In cictizen Joe
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Frankly, MB, I think I'm turning noromo. It's getting to the point now where I'm becoming apathetic about it all.
              Although I'd hate to see S/J apart after all this crap, it's getting harder and harder to have faith. If you knock people down enough, they'll stay down. I think I'm reaching that point.
              (Do you think if we grind our teeth enough Joe might come and post in here again to tell us not to worry).

Comment

I came home early from school rather than sit around in my free today to get work done.
                I haven't done any because I've got so het up about these photos and spoilers.
                With regard to these pics for Threads
                Spoiler:
                Bizarrely, I actually thought Kerry was Pete in the thumbnail version of the pics because I associate the pink puffy jacket with him and Kerry's wearing a terribly similar shade of the colour. Don't ask me why Pete would be wearing Sam's jacket, but my heart sank because I thought he was there!

A transvestite love interest next...?

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  I have been being EXTREMELY quiet this time around AS MANY KNOW and the main reason was because I was going to wait and see JUST WHAT TPTB are going to do.

My thought was *Okay, I am going to wait this time until it is ACTUALLY on the air and then make my judgement call*

Like you Waterfall I too was there on day one...Hubs says *Hey there is a new show called Star Gate* and being a LOVER of Sci-Fi I was excited to see a new show.

Star Gate has NEVER been a show that has ever taken itself too seriously and I really enjoyed that aspect of the show. It was nice to finally see a Sci-Fi show that SEEMED TO REALIZE it was supposed to be fun and far- out and GOOD as well. It caught my interest.

THEN in walked Amanda Tapping and the screen time she had with RDA just LIT UP MY LIVING ROOM My first thought was NEVER *Oh I can't wait to see them in bed*......... NOPE, NEVER crossed my mind.

BUT TPTB apparently saw this and they KNEW of it and they played on it. Subtle romance ALWAYS has a place in any LONG TOLD STORY

What I have said OVER AND OVER in the past is that it SEEMS like TPTB have *Gotten a bit big for their britches* and are FORGETTING the VERY REASONS the fans LOVE THIS SHOW

And it is NOT just the Ship BUT for many of us and WE ARE MANY!!! Sam & Jack was what *HOOKED US EMOTIONALLY* and we became MORE then casual observers enjoying a TV show...... We INVESTED an emotional part of ourselves into the Sam & Jack storyline.

Now I can NOT speak for anyone else but myself BUT if you want me to spend my money AND my time for something I can't eat, drink or benefit from physically then you HAD BETTER MAKE SURE I AM ATTACHED Because somewhere in my brain I do have to jusify WHY I am paying money for DVDs that I won't ALWAYS watch. I need to justify to myself WHY I am watching a TV show that I NO LONGER enjoy...........

The Sci-Fi aspect is virtually gone.........
                  The Action is virtually gone........
                  The *TEAM* is gone............
                  The Adventure is gone..................

Sam & Jack is what I have left and I HOPE TPTB realize that while Star Gate Atlantis HAS ALL OF THE THINGS I WANT!!! I WON'T WATCH BECAUSE OF THEM if they continue to treat me as a fan of 8 years to this in SG1.

I don't trust TPTB anymore to LISTEN to the fans.......... if they DID then Pete would NEVER have been in Season 8. The MAJORITY OF ALL FANS....NOT JUST SHIPPERS........ DISLIKED THE CHARACTER. AND made it known. Their response.......... Well you have now all seen it.

So I will watch.......... for a while and see what they do........ I no longer trust TPTB to be concerned if I as a fan like it or not.......... SO I will just make my choice based on what they do and then I will walk away or stay ...... it is now in their hands.
                  Tame, I just love it when you speak your mind! I agree with you, and I know where the off-button is on my tv!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                    Frankly, MB, I think I'm turning noromo. It's getting to the point now where I'm becoming apathetic about it all.
                    Although I'd hate to see S/J apart after all this crap, it's getting harder and harder to have faith. If you knock people down enough, they'll stay down. I think I'm reaching that point.
                    (Do you think if we grind our teeth enough Joe might come and post in here again to tell us not to worry).
                    We can hope
                    But I can't understand why the pics have had this knock-on effect...it's not like we didn't know what was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                      oh, no, don't do that! it's at moments like these that those gorgeous, clever, shippy little sigpics remind us that we weren't dreaming the ship, that it was always be there and will be there, at least for us. bring back the sig pic, water fall, and remember what you said about pete..that certainly gave me hope
                      Ditto from me!! BRING BACK THE PIC!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                        Anyone feel any happier? Or have I just overloaded the thread with too many pics?
                        Yes, much much much happier !
                        And there would never be too many pics like this
                        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Hi chums. You all seem a wee bit down today, so I'm going to post some of my favourite shippy pics for you...

sigpic

Comment

Let's ship...

sigpic

Comment

And we're shipping...

sigpic

Comment

This is fun...

sigpic

Comment

Working...