This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    I'm not sure how I feel about a season 9 but if that's what happens I'll give it a shot. Part of me thinks that they should just cut out while they're ahead. If I had a choice in the matter I would like them to end at season 8 and have a movie with RDA in it rather than a virtually RDA-less season 9. And I'm not sure how this will affect the S/J ship either.
    I am not too sure about a season 9 either. I will gladly admit that season 8 has been a big disappointment so far, and I honestly miss the full team out on missions. OFF WORLD. I love the occasional episodes on earth, but the show was at its best when ALL of SG-1 were together doing what they do best.... fighting the Goauld.

I just got home from the Creation half price sale thingy. They didn't have a lot there, but I managed to get a bunch of 8x10 photos for $3 each. Oh, and the calendar!

Comment

personally, if the season finale was happy and final and had a really shippy resolution , i wouldn't mind it being the end. im not sure about a season 9 being AT/RDA light . it wouldn't be stargate anymore. i hope they go for the movie/mini series route rather than season 9.
      sigpic
      http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
      http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
        Thanks for the info!

Personally, I'm in wait and see mode. There are a lot of ways this could be good or bad depending on what they do the carry the series forward without RDA as a major element of the show. I won't really know how I feel about it until we get more info on how this will play out. It won't be easy with that much less RDA and Amanda's constraints early in the season, but it could be done. For example, they could make my inner fangirl very happy and hire Adam Baldwin. Yeah, still shallow.
        Okay I am not meaning to insult you with this, but Adam Baldwin ain't no RDA

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
          All of those are very good points. I totally agree. So long as they also give me a side of Adam Baldwin.

Okay, so I could probably live without Adam Baldwin, but they are going to need to add to the cast somehow. Why not enjoy the view?
          I agree that they need to add to SG1 if RDA is going to be out of most of the season. I could definately live with Adam Baldwin. I loved him in Heros! Although we didn't get to see much of him, the character did not appear to be a Jack clone... *giggle* (Can't help the giggle, spend too much time in the RDA thunk thread...)

They don't need another Jack, but they do need another military person. Although, I don't remember what AB's characters rank was. If he was a full bird, then he would outrank Sam and I don't want Sam to be ousted of command of the team. I definately want Sam to have the chance at command that the first part of S8 has denied her. I wouldn't mind Jonas Quinn back but I think that would be too much with Daniel there. I am not saying that they are the same character but they do have a lot of the same traits.

One of the reasons that I like SG1 (with Jack) so much is the contrast in the different character traits. They all four had different viewpoints. Jack the tactician, Teal'c the warrior, Sam the pure science view and Daniel the humanistic view. That always helped to contrast the story lines in different ways. I think that Jonas and Daniel's views are too close together. Both could be qualified as humanistic. They need someone that would contrast with the other three team members and at the same time meld with them. Of course, there is great potential for undercurrents with a new person on the team.

S8/S9 Speculation
          Spoiler:
          Of course, with RDA only scheduled for four eps, the possibility of ship in every episode goes away, but we don't get ship in every ep now so that isn't as big a loss to the shippers as it could be. If they allow Jack and Sam to be together at the end of S8 and then leave that below the surface in S9, that would probably work out better than if they just kept many eps as Jacklite! I think I could get real excited about this if I just keep thinking about it. There are so many possibilities for ship if Jack is retired and brought back to assist in certain situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
            Oh, honey, there ain't no one that is RDA except RDA but Adam Baldwin ain't bad either...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
              Please let me know if this is the wrong place to go (I can't fathom most of the shipper threads)

I've just been watching The Light. Now, anyone who knows me well (or even not well) knows that my Freeze Frame Moment from that is right after Jack schlepps Daniel through the gate and lies him down.

But for some strange reason (Gruesome related most likely) I watched the very beginning (pre credits) three times. That whole Jack/Daniel bet about Sam... When Sam first turns away from Jack to go to the gateroom he smiles after her. And I think...

it almost sticks in my throat to say this...

that it's not just a friendly smile. There is more to it than that.

Help help... ship appears to be sucking me in. Because I've watched 2 more eps since then and I'm finding myself looking out for ship...

Like I said: apologies if this isn't the place, please let me know and I'll move this.

*sits down shocked*
              MC? You feeling okay...? Not that I'm not glad I'm just...shocked

And yes, you are in the right place!!!

As for me I think that scene in "The Light" is shippy! Just love that ep! Love it when he smiles at her like that! So cute!! Same smile that's in Window of Opportunity (more than once too ).

And before I forget... WELCOME!!!! Glad you're here!!
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

*carefully avoids taking a cookie*

er... if I'm getting close to coming out of the shipper closed, I think I need a massive Gin 'N' Tonic or a pitcher of Margaritas.

*hic*
                Hmmm, where is our beloved bartender Mad Gater when we need him?

As for the margaritas, we've got plenty of those around here...help yourself

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                  As for the margaritas, we've got plenty of those around here...help yourself
                  Where? I want one!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    No insult taken. He isn't RDA, but we're not going to get all that much RDA. I'm trying to look on the bright side -- or maybe that's the shallow side.
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                      Where? I want one!

I want one too...I need to get drunk to survive this whole roller coaster ride...

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
                        When did he sniff sam's hair!! what episode was that in?
                        Chimera--in the lift. Search Token's posts--she made a gif of it. I'll ask her if I can post it at my site and I'll PM you if she says okay! ...and don't forget to check out all her other gifs at my site!! Some shippy, some thunk! (Thus ends my shameless plug for the site )

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          I'm not sure how I feel about a season 9 but if that's what happens I'll give it a shot. Part of me thinks that they should just cut out while they're ahead. If I had a choice in the matter I would like them to end at season 8 and have a movie with RDA in it rather than a virtually RDA-less season 9. And I'm not sure how this will affect the S/J ship either.
                          So this sounds as if RDA will be a guest star? Just 4 eps out of 20-22? Hmm, I will of course give it since I love Sam but I wonder if we will be Amanda short too?

Sg1Poz

Comment

I will say this one more time... there was no schniffen. No sniffage. In ANY ep.

Feli faked those commentaries, you know (i can safely say that because she's not around, and when she gets back and sees me here she'll ... pass out, and then she will be speechless for at least a week)
                            Reminds me of something we used to say around here (I think Di coined it)--Shipresistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                              Since you are talking about it.....

Love this Clip Token! It's so darn obvious that Jack is leaning towards Sam plus [spoilers]was I dreaming or wasn't it acknowledged in the season seven DVD in the audio commentary?[/spoiler]

Sg1Poz

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal
                                hey ppl i was looking at stargate project .com and it seems season 9 is mor likely to happen but on the down side RDA will only be in 4 episodes heres the link
                                http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/
                                nothing is definite tho
                                Allright I am going to try to translate the whole text from German to Dutch to English.You can find the article on the link here in the quote.But you must know that I'll try!!!I has been 2 years that I have read German.Speaking it isn't hard but how it is written.Grammar and stuff.And than there is my English.Please be aware that I might spell some words wrong.Apperantly Dutch supposed to be the hardest language next to Russian.Anyhow here goes.
                                ---
                                Allthough it is not confirmed by MGM or the American SciFi channel season 9 of Stargate SG.1 is going to happen.That sayd by exacutive producer Michael Greenburg at the London Film and Comic Convention about the 9th season and about Richard Dean Anderson as the star of the show.According to Michael Greenburg there is going to be a 9th season BUT RDA would only appear in 4 episodes.He is going to make more time for his daughter and with that he is giving up slowly but certainly his role as General Jack O'Neill.

About Amanda Tapping who is pragnent and is expecting a child in March will of course be there in the serie.But she will go to the shooting in Vancouver B.C. end March because of the birth of the baby that is planned during March.After all this talk and babeling the last few months it looks like a 9th season of Stargate SG.1 will happen.And of course there will be a second season of Stargate Atlantis.The ratings of Stargate Atlantis were much higher than those of the still very good and high!! ratings of Stargate SG.1 We are taking a big risk here but after learning about today we can say there is going to be a 9th season of Stargate SG.1 and a second season of Stargate Atlantis.
                                ---
                                Allright I did it.But it wasn't easy.So now you know A 9th Season of Stargate SG.1 and a second of Stargate Atlantis is going to happen How great is that!! Wiieee Juich Party!!! at Gate World
                                Last edited by Lord Zedd; 06 November 2004, 02:24 PM.
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X