• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello family!

I've caught up with the thread!

*takes off her running shoes*

Whew! What a workout!

MC - Welcome to the thread! You don't neccesarily have to be a shipper to post here.

Please stay and post lots!

I'm gonna be mainly lurking for weeks to come

(I say that now btw. Don't hold me to it)

PLEEEEEZ join my Yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/sg1_fic_group

PS: Thank you for all the rep points!!!!

Suz
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by samisjacksgal
      hey ppl i was looking at stargate project .com and it seems season 9 is mor likely to happen but on the down side RDA will only be in 4 episodes

heres the link

http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/

nothing is definite tho
      Nach dem ganzen hin und her der letzten Wochen und Monate scheint damit eine 9. Staffel nun endlich festzustehen

yes
      Season 9 is going to happen and Season 2 of Atlantis also I can read German so it says that RDA will appear in only 4 episodes and about AT who is expecting her baby in March
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis

yes
        Season 9 is going to happen and Season 2 of Atlantis also I can read German so it says that RDA will appear in only 4 episodes and about AT who is expecting her baby in March
        thanks for clarifying it a bit more lol i am hopeless at german ...o well i wander how many episodes theyll do?

season 9 spec
        Spoiler:
        if RDA is only in 4 then i hope we get to see some more tender moments between jack and sam like ....jack waking up from the phone ringing and we then see sam in bed next to him lol
        Carolyn

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about a season 9 but if that's what happens I'll give it a shot. Part of me thinks that they should just cut out while they're ahead. If I had a choice in the matter I would like them to end at season 8 and have a movie with RDA in it rather than a virtually RDA-less season 9. And I'm not sure how this will affect the S/J ship either.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
            I'm not sure how I feel about a season 9 but if that's what happens I'll give it a shot. Part of me thinks that they should just cut out while they're ahead. If I had a choice in the matter I would like them to end at season 8 and have a movie with RDA in it rather than a virtually RDA-less season 9. And I'm not sure how this will affect the S/J ship either.
            i feel the same. it won't be the same without the main character... i just don't see it happening.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
              i feel the same. it won't be the same without the main character... i just don't see it happening.
              i must admit i agree with ya.... i spose the good thing is we would get some RDA even if it is not as much as we like....(this will be where i will prob get dinged) but in opinion i thought episodes which didnt have jack in it lacked something...im not saying i dont watch them but my interest in them is less *please have mercy on me(cowars in corner ready to be dinged)*
              Carolyn

Comment

For me, its kind of mixed emotions. I want a season 9 because it is stargate and there are plenty of original ideas plus my infatuation with tying up loose ends, like with the Ascen and complete confirmation of the Tollan. Even if they are still gone, we might be able to take whats left of their knowledge and benefit from it, or even improve on it thanks to the continual understanding of alien technology. And I definitely would have mixed emotions with the absence of RDA, but it would also be good because when he does appear it means a major plot is happening.
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

lurk lurk lurk.........POPS OUTTA LURKDOM!!

hello all!! its been awhile. Finally i get enough time to come here a post something.....sheesh! and HELLO ALL NEWBIES!!

Heres how i feel right now

season nine........ sweet!! No RDA.....Booooooo!! won't be the same without him. Who will be the one cracking jokes now?!?! and what will happen to the ship??? I don't know what to think about this right now!! I think i want to cry now.......this should be happy time but its not........its..........idontknowwhattothinkandimreallygonnamissRDAandtheshipsoi thinkiwillgocry.....time!!!!

*jumps back into lurkdom* weeeeeeeeeeeeee
                  Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
                  -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

If it means they can write stories without having to figure out if they need to take Jack out or wedge him in. If it means that MS will not be getting lines that "RDA would have done if he were here." If it means more off world stories and more SG1. If it means they make it so that the regs are no longer a question, and some resolution can be brought to the Carter/O'Neill relationship.

... Than I have no problem whatsoever with a season with only four Jack episodes. It would most likely mean a better use of his time, and a better use of the other characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      If it means they can write stories without having to figure out if they need to take Jack out or wedge him in. If it means that MS will not be getting lines that "RDA would have done if he were here." If it means more off world stories and more SG1. If it means they make it so that the regs are no longer a question, and some resolution can be brought to the Carter/O'Neill relationship.

... Than I have no problem whatsoever with a season with only four Jack episodes. It would most likely mean a better use of his time, and a better use of the other characters.
                      I will miss Jack but if they actually get some of the writing back to the way it used to be, I can live with it. Team oriented action packed scifi eps with the big round spinny thingy! That would be a show worth watching. If they have RDA for four eps that are full of Jack and not just a short cameo, then that would be worth watching too. Hopefully those eps are full of ship cause Jack has retired to be with Sam and he's coming back to help SG1 with a major crisis!!

I will still be watching! I was worried about going through Stargate withdrawals since Atlantis hasn't sparked with me completely yet!

Comment

Originally Posted by Major Clanger
                        I can answer that one. In NO EPISODE did Jack ever sniff Sam's hair. FCOL!!!
                        ah, that's better, I'm not totally a shipper then, just creaking open the closet door a tad.

But if you really have to know, I think he didn't sniff her hair in Into the Fire?
                        Originally Posted by meimei
                        Ah, but in Chimera S7 SPOILERS
                        Spoiler:
                        there is the elevator scene where he sniffs her too!

He seems to like the way she smells...
                        Originally posted by kiwigater
                        Yes! see, that one! That's the one Token has the gif of. There is definite sniffage.....
                        Since you are talking about it.....

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          well while I haven't been able to expound as much as I would like on the Sam & Jack antics......although I don't know how often I can repeat the same things over and over in different ways...I AM TOTALLY impressed with all of the speculations for the last five episodes....

I am really hoping that it will be as *Epic* as TPTB are leading us to believe and it will rival other Sci-Fi Action/Adventure/Romance (Think Farscape) series extravaganzas we have enjoyed this year.

TPTB will have their work cut out for them...Battlestar Gallactica is coming out, Atlantis has a cliff hanger and alot of people are enjoying the new season of Enterprise that airs at the same time on my end of the coast......

AND I think ALL of those shows are doing ALL THREE things ACTION, ADVENTURE and most of all ROMANCE. and they are blending it in VERY WELL from what I am hearing and seeing. Even the Mini Series of BG had a bit of the *Ship* and it was well written into the show.

So in order for SG1 to stand out this second half they are going to have to get back to business and remember ALL the thiings that made this show great - might I recommend a re-watch of seasons 1-4 - I am sending as many positive thoughts as I can their way
                          Well said Tame, well said! I think TPTB can get the romance right if they think it out, don't violate the regs (to the mil it's a big issue), and make it believable for us ships! It can happen! We have to believe!

-- AmberMoon

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            It's better to throw food at him (and Sam). That way, they have something to chew on while they rub their sore spots (and fuel after they make wild, passionate love).

Sally
                            Sally, I like the way you think! We need to make sure it's "romantic" food we throw at them...like chocolate-covered strawberries, whipped cream, etc. Have to make it their worthwhile!

-- AmberMoon

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                              Hehehe.

Do you people take me seriously?
                              We're supposed to take things around here seriously?

Drat, I must have missed another memo.
                              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                Yes, quite.
                                Have we hit the threshold for Shakespeare? Yeah.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
                                *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Working...
                                X