X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    i'm actually giggling over Replipete

but would RePete be a better name?????

Yeah that is a good name for him as he does tend to repeat on you. Sorta like a bad lunch!!!
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      There's practically nothing known about "Gemini". At this point, I'm not going to trust any "spoiler" we hear unless it has a source with it. Pierre Bernard is a reputable source. Something randomly posted here is not.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is getting really old. Not all of us have time to read the thread very, very carefully, so when people are throwing around speculation about Replipetes or Jack dying or what have you, it tends to cause mass panic.

I understand that some people don't want to read speculation on episodes, because they don't want to have preconceived notions about them before viewing. That's why speculation on upcoming episodes should remain in spoiler space. However, if you're discussing something that's largely speculation and not spoiler, could you do the community a favor by stating that in the beginning of post, outside of spoiler space so everyone notices? All this Jack dies, there's a Replipete, Jack and Sam are stranded on a planet business is completely unfounded. Despite some fairly extensive searches, I've yet to find anything that supports those "spoilers". The community doesn't need this kind of thing anymore — just look at the level of panic concerning the "spoiler" about Jack and/or Sam dying in Moebius.

We'd all be better off if we'd back off the spoiler label on all this stuff that has absolutely no substantive proof. Tell us when you're hypothesizing. If you have a new spoiler to give us, give us a source. And "heard it from a friend who heard it from some unidentified, unverifiable source" is not a source I'm going to trust, thank you very much.

I know I sound tetchy, but this has gone on for quite long enough. We just need to be more considerate about posting speculation as opposed to spoilers.

Mel
      Well said!

Another thing.

This thread has been going OT again recently *raises hand*

I'm guilty too.

I always label it clearly if I'm speculating based on spoilers, and I try not to speculate too much on hear'say. I've heard several whack rumours, and have opted not to post them here.

Please be more careful with what you post. I normally try to keep up with the thread, but within the last week, that has grown to become near impossible.

Again, I know I'm partly to blame (dr shipper and such)

Okay!

Back to your normal SHIPPING!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        oh Bev that is wonderful....really makes you wonder what Jack is doing BEHIND her with grins like those
        Tame that is too funny!

i love the pic dipsofjazz!!
        Carolyn

Comment

That WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL!!!!! by stating OUTSIDE the spoiler space if it really is a spoiler or speculation you really will save alot of people time and trouble...

REALLY good point Mel !!!!
          I ALWAYS distinguish between the two, and I admit, I get frustrated when others don't.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            Ewww Dr. Shipper.

I'll pass thank you very much...

I'm only here for... less than an hour. Only had to go to school for half a day! I gotta go pick up my new glasses in a while.

Anyways, on another topic...

Spoiler:
            I don't want Pete to die. Or for them to make a Replicator Pete and all that crap. I would just like it like I said probably 100 pages ago with that bit of dialog and Sam breaking Pete's heart. Pete realizes that Sam is in love with Jack, and Sam realizes that she's made a big mistake.

I just don't want them to kill Pete! Pete should get heartbroken, and disappear... Not die...

I agree...they(TPTB) should just make Pete see that Sam is in love with Jack and that's all

Caty

Comment

So Caty... Pop out any new vids yet today? lol.

I got a little time to kill! lol

*kills time*

Oh crap...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Oh well, I'm off for a while.

Will have new, stronger, TEAL('c) glasses!

Au revoir, mon shipper amis!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I ALWAYS distinguish between the two, and I admit, I get frustrated when others don't.
                  ((((((((((Sue Kay))))))))) Thank you for doing so...I wasn't trying to point at anyone ....Heck If anything has been done wrong here on this thread ...I know I have been guilty of it

I was trying to repeat...(LOL repete) the important points in Mel's post that i felt needed to be bold...that was all ((hugs)) Mel said the rest pretty darn good so I just copied that from her
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

((((((((((Sue Kay))))))))) Thank you for doing so...I wasn't trying to point at anyone ....Heck If anything has been done wrong here on this thread ...I know I have been guilty of it

I was trying to repeat...(LOL repete) the important points in Mel's post that i felt needed to be bold...that was all ((hugs)) Mel said the rest pretty darn good so I just copied that from her
                    (((((((((TAME)))))))))))

I know you weren't! I was just pointing out that I always distinguish between the two.

My big gripe at the moment, is the amount of OT posts. It's even too OT for my liking!

I have a question.

Yesterday, yo usaid that you are an old time poster.

An I a middle aged poster since I've been here since thread eight???
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Melyanna
                      There's practically nothing known about "Gemini". At this point, I'm not going to trust any "spoiler" we hear unless it has a source with it. Pierre Bernard is a reputable source. Something randomly posted here is not.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is getting really old. Not all of us have time to read the thread very, very carefully, so when people are throwing around speculation about Replipetes or Jack dying or what have you, it tends to cause mass panic.

I understand that some people don't want to read speculation on episodes, because they don't want to have preconceived notions about them before viewing. That's why speculation on upcoming episodes should remain in spoiler space. However, if you're discussing something that's largely speculation and not spoiler, could you do the community a favor by stating that in the beginning of post, outside of spoiler space so everyone notices? All this Jack dies, there's a Replipete, Jack and Sam are stranded on a planet business is completely unfounded. Despite some fairly extensive searches, I've yet to find anything that supports those "spoilers". The community doesn't need this kind of thing anymore — just look at the level of panic concerning the "spoiler" about Jack and/or Sam dying in Moebius.

We'd all be better off if we'd back off the spoiler label on all this stuff that has absolutely no substantive proof. Tell us when you're hypothesizing. If you have a new spoiler to give us, give us a source. And "heard it from a friend who heard it from some unidentified, unverifiable source" is not a source I'm going to trust, thank you very much.

I know I sound tetchy, but this has gone on for quite long enough. We just need to be more considerate about posting speculation as opposed to spoilers.

Mel
                      Thank you I agree
                      Due to my work commitments it takes most of my time keeping up with this thread so I do not contribute as often as I would like, but I am with you every day. Sometimes I skim through the post and when I read some of them I get rather confused as to which spoilers are real news or just speculation. It can be quite upsetting especially when people are talking about Jack or Sam dying. It would make it allot easier if speculation was clearly marked before spoiler space. I know that some people already do this and it is great. Sometimes I read information and I have to go back and reread pages to try and find out if this information originated as speculation or is the real thing. So please please be careful what you write and how you write it. Thank You

May I say how much i enjoy this thread and the friendly welcoming support given.

Still not happy about a season 9 without RDA
                      Isis
                      Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Shipper cookies, Dr. Shipper, happy pills, shipper penguins.........
                        Now i know why we are always giggling and posting weird hillarious stuff..............we are all stoned!!!!
                        Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
                        -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica03
                          I think it was Brad Wright that said he didn't think romance belonged in Sci Fi.
                          Forgive me for just using a fragment of your post and only 30 posts late (I can't keep up) - But no romance in Sci Fi - What is he thinking? Is it just about robots and cool machines or how REAL people face unique situations? Real people - you know with feelings, heart and mind, body and soul, multifaceted.
                          (I just opened the dictionary to check the spelling of a word and opened to a picture of a penguin!) Blade Runner and Star War certainly have no romance in them. (I've been hanging around O'Neill too long) I can't believe anyone successful would think the there was no place for romance in Sci Fi.
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Mel
                            Yeah, I agree. I was gone a couple of days and I cannot figure out what is a valid spoiler or just speculation. I feel lost right now.
                            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              (((((((((TAME)))))))))))

I know you weren't! I was just pointing out that I always distinguish between the two.

My big gripe at the moment, is the amount of OT posts. It's even too OT for my liking!

I have a question.

Yesterday, yo usaid that you are an old time poster.

An I a middle aged poster since I've been here since thread eight???
                              Nope...Sorry....you are still a Teenager....... ...we *Old Timers* came over from Delphi.......you can't be middle aged till you are cranky like us about everything in real life

Sam & Jack are the sun in our Old Timer Lives .............. ok I know that was a bit thick...but I never claimed to be the writer...
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                                Yeah, I agree. I was gone a couple of days and I cannot figure out what is a valid spoiler or just speculation. I feel lost right now.
                                I'm here everyday, normally twice (morning evening).

It takes me forever to catch up, and I find it hard to follow too.

If you're going to speculate, please clearly label your post!

Don't put Spoiler unless it is a spoiler!

I get easily confuzzled anyways!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X