This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galaxy
    I have to admit: I'm also a bit concerned about how slow it is.....

SHIPPERS DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!

I know you wouldn't, but I had to say it once again. Now I'm feelin' better.

Jack and Sam forever!!!!
    We all feel this way...it is nice to have a loving reminder every so often just to remind ourselves why we're all here. (((((galaxy)))))
    Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Well, I think your little blue rant hit the nail on the head (Love that, "little blue rant" ROFL ). That's just it, isn't it? It seems that a lot of the folks in those camps want team but they really mean they want Daniel. I have no idea why we can't like Daniel in addition to Jack and Sam and the ship. I like Daniel AND I like ship, nothing wrong with that IMHO.

Personally, I have seen some the references that the Daniel/Sam shippers are referring to in the show and while I can see where they are coming from, it isn't in her eyes. When she looks at Jack, it's in her eyes--all the passion and pent up emotion from years of frustration at not being able to be with him. When she looks at Daniel it's warm but not in the same way. With Jack, you can see how intensely she loves him. And you can see how intensely he loves her in his eyes. Theirs is a great love--Han and Leia, Bogey and Bacall, Taylor and Burton (yes, she divorced him folks but he was the one great love of her life, hence why she remarried him and they were together until his death).

That's why that scene from Affinity just tore my poor shippy hear to shreds! (how's that for avoiding spoiler space? ) Just thinking about that depresses me and makes me want to go watch some shippy movies! Think I'm gonna have to drag out Casablanca, Immortal Beloved, and Possession.

Okay, I think I'm done with my unintelligible ramble now!
      Immortal Beloved!! Ah, now that is some truly angsty ship and I love that movie!! Same for Casablanca! Possession I don't know, but I will find out if you list them with the other two!

I just don't our couple to end up like those couples!!! Ack! We want happy ship endings not sad!!!

Comment

Good day shippers!

The threads gonna grind to halt soon, and not because we've given up
        - WE NEED MORE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ehm..

anywho

I'm sitting in school at my free period. We had school photos today and it was a disaster.
        I spent last period sitting in my PSE class writing down sentences in Klingon and Jaffa with Mishy. (You can tell how boring that class is!)

I have to say that I am getting majorly pissed off with the lack of spoilers available for Moebius, but TPTB will probably keep it under wraps as it may be the last ever episode. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'd like to say that I will be remaining on this thread throughout the hiatus, and I hope that the rest of the family decide to do the same.

THE SHIP WILL COME - We just need to be positive and just a little more than patient!!!!!

I am now going to shut up. I had chocolate at the lunch hour and I'm a little hyper at the moment!!!

Are there any cookies that can calm me down?
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
          <snip>
          Spoiler:
          Of course I'd like less Jack-dumb moments(I hate them) but it could be much worse.I'm sure that given a little more time he'd be as good as Hammond.Maybe even a little better? and that's why, as I've said earlier, I'd hate him retiring.He's too good, too smart, too active to be made by the writers to come to the conclusion that he can't handle the base and quit and sit around the house.With Sam as SG-1 leader.It isn't right.I want my shippy resolution but not like that.
          <snip>
          I've gotta agree with you there -
          Spoiler:
          I wouldn't like Jack to just retire and stay at home. And I don't think Jack could do that, it would be really out of character IMHO. he could be as good as Hammond, if not better, but he has to get used to staying behind, and sending other people on dangerous missions, making difficult desicions etc...Hammond himself mentioned on more than one occasion that that was hard for him too.
          Spoiler:

I'd be quite happy for Jack to retire from the military, but still stay in charge of the base as a civilian, simply because this would allow him to be with Sam.
          From what's been said about S8 so far, it does sound like Jack is uncomfortable being commander of the base, and they might use that as an excuse to have him retire...but if that was the reason, then he wouldn't stay in charge as a civilian so I hope they don't do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            I have been thinking about this stuff ever since I saw all the lovely work Ship Sistah did. But wasn't sure how my family would take it. But after reading all of these fun posts I am going to throw caution to the wind and tell my daughter that she can get me some of the items for my birthday. (Don't worry, we won't have a countdown to my birthday (((((Tame)))))!)

It's hard to come up with ideas to give my family. We'll see if they really love me or not!!!
            edited for my poor spelling---AGAIN!
            Just what exactly are you saying here ..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            so this wouldn't be a good time to remind everyone 360 days till my birthday next year
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              That ranks up with such gems like "S/J shippers only dislike Pete cos he gets in the way of S/J", or "Jonas Fans only like Jonas to annoy the Daniel Fans" as (a) Utter Twaddle and (b) Deeply Insulting.

It drives me potty when people come up with stuff like this. It makes me feel like I could write seventeen pages of well-argued explanation of why I feel S/J ship is not good, why Jonas was poorly-concieved and very poorly presented, and why Sam in s7 isn't half the person she was in s1-7, all without once mentioning Daniel, and yet certain folk would read it and think "Hmm, anti-shipper, not overly enthusiastic about JQ, doesn't like Sam enough. Is she a J/D slasher or is she one of those mad women who only want StarGate: The Daniel Jackson Show?"
              Too funny and too true!

I love S/J ship! Yes, that's obviouse but I also liked Jonas, love Daniel, shipped for Daniel/Sha're then Daniel/Janet, love Teal'c (though wish his libido wasn't exhibited quite the way it is, although love the shirtless scenes - *fans self*), thunk for RDA, love Stargate (although disappointed by some eps this and last season but I won't stop watching!) and think the writers are giving AT and RDA bad material to try to work with!

This is just me! But there are people out there that will find some part of this indicates that I want Stargate: The Sam & Jack Love Story! LOL!

I don't! I want a lot of good writing, action packed team eps with a little romance, not UST, on the side for J/S! Oh, well, Here's to the Sam & Jack Story dings!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                I have to admit: I'm also a bit concerned about how slow it is.....

SHIPPERS DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!

I know you wouldn't, but I had to say it once again. Now I'm feelin' better.

Jack and Sam forever!!!!
                (((((((((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))))))))

Personally I don't want to repeat myself so I have been reading through the different comments and here and there making a comment now and then....... UNFORTUNATELY, some days it feels like we have talked ourselves TO DEATH about what TPTB can, should and might do the latter half of season 8 and on other days the giddy HOPE of what they can, should or might do is just to much to contain and if I don't tell you all my latest theory I WILL EXPLODE

so it is feast or famine Hopefully we can offset each other and have continous flow. And maybe Critter will quit giving me such a hard time
                I mean really...I DID give you that great phrase *Shipper Snit*...you would THINK you would fall over at my feet for more such pearls of wisdom
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Mei Mei, I just read your note about the tater tots! LOL! Because of the connotation, you may have to switch to Crispy Crowns. But really, what do you expect the offspring of a potato to be??

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                    Too funny and too true!

I love S/J ship! Yes, that's obviouse but I also liked Jonas, loved Daniel, shipped for Daniel/Sha're then Daniel/Janet, love Teal'c (though wish his libido wasn't exhibited quite the way it is, although love the shirtless scenes - *fans self*), thunk for RDA, love Stargate (although disappointed by some eps this and last season but I won't stop watching!) and think the writers are giving AT and RDA bad material to try to work with!

This is just me! But there are people out there that will find some part of this indicates that I want Stargate: The Sam & Jack Love Story! LOL!

I don't! I want a lot of good writing, action packed team eps with a little romance, not UST, on the side for J/S! Oh, well, Here's to the Sam & Jack Story dings!! LOL!

:: Crosses Stargate: The Sam & Jack Love Story off meimei's Christmas List ::

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by wynter
                      hiya guys,

Is it me or is this thread getting slower and slower?
                      Sorry, I haven't been around much lately, but I do think the thread will get slower and slower during SG-1's hiatus. When the new ones get closer, we will probably start posting a lot more again. I am all over the idea of ending things now, and having a feature film or two. I am not thrilled with the idea of a tv movie, but will accept that if it is all we can get. But I do think the show needs to end at season 8. RDA is not on enough for me, and the feel of the team is just not like it was. I have been fairly disappointed with season 8, although there have been some highlights and good scenes. But if I had to choose seasons to pop in my DVD's, season 8 would not be my first choice.

Bring on the SHIP!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        Sorry, I haven't been around much lately, but I do think the thread will get slower and slower during SG-1's hiatus. When the new ones get closer, we will probably start posting a lot more again. I am all over the idea of ending things now, and having a feature film or two. I am not thrilled with the idea of a tv movie, but will accept that if it is all we can get. But I do think the show needs to end at season 8. RDA is not on enough for me, and the feel of the team is just not like it was. I have been fairly disappointed with season 8, although there have been some highlights and good scenes. But if I had to choose seasons to pop in my DVD's, season 8 would not be my first choice.

Bring on the SHIP!
                        Hear hear, but I want season nine. I'm new to this fandom, and only started watching when heroes aired in the UK. I don't want to have to finish with this fandom when I've only just got here.

If there is a season nine, I think RDA needs to concentrate on the acting, not the producing.
                        If he's not in it, then he needs to make appearances on a par with Teryl Rothery.
                        I'm sorry to say that I don't think that the show could go on without RDA. It nearly buckled when Daniel left. It will collapse without him.

Bye the demon librarian strikes again!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

:: Crosses Stargate: The Sam & Jack Love Story off meimei's Christmas List ::
                          If meimei doesn't want it, I'll take it!! Along with the other items, I have a VERY long Christmas list. How many more shopping days until Christmas??

Token ~

Comment

Guys we got an interesting letter about our shipper store. I shared it with the chat room last night, as GW was giving me issues. I'll post it here now.

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for getting back to me. As I said my name is Tabitha. I am a model from
                            British Columbia and I wanted to order a couple of your t-shirts, and was wondering
                            about the copyrights on it. I really liked the GOT SHIP shirts and was wanting to wear
                            oúne of them in a photo shoot that I have coming up. We wanted to get your permission
                            before doing this and if it is copyrighted get a release from you.
                            My photos will be in an early 2005 issue of the UK Magazine RED and possibly also in a
                            Tel Aviv Magazine. They have asked me to choose some of my wardrobe for the shoot in
                            a couple of weeks and as I am a huge fan of Stargate I had wanted to wear a stargate t-
                            shirt, but saw yours the other day and loved it even more. Thank you for you time and I
                            hope to hear from you again.

Much appreciation,

Tabitha

Cool, huh! Here's my response:

Tabitha,

I and the other shippers at the Shipper Thread at Gateworld are honored that you liked the tee we came up with. We're always happy to meet another shipper, but you are definitely exciting us with the idea of giving our love of ship international exposure. How did you find our shipper store site?

We would love for you to wear our tee, but is there any way you could give us a credit? Also, can I be sent a copy of any published picture?

As I wrote on the shipper store site, tell me which type of tee you would like and which background and/or font color and I can set it up for you.

Stephanie

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                              Too funny and too true!

I love S/J ship! Yes, that's obviouse but I also liked Jonas, love Daniel, shipped for Daniel/Sha're then Daniel/Janet, love Teal'c (though wish his libido wasn't exhibited quite the way it is, although love the shirtless scenes - *fans self*), thunk for RDA, love Stargate (although disappointed by some eps this and last season but I won't stop watching!) and think the writers are giving AT and RDA bad material to try to work with!

I know what you mean - I love S/J ship too but I was a Daniel/Janet shipper too, and I have to admit, the Jack/Daniel friendship rivals S/J ship as my favourite relationship in the show...I sometimes think that it's even more neglected than S/J, but that's neither here nor there
                              I love the whole show, and I wouldn't like it to become The Sam & Jack Love Story either! I want it to be the same show it's always been, a well-written sci-fi show with great characters. They've generally had a good balance between the sci-fi & action in the show and the character driven stories, and I love both of them, but I'd hate it to just become one or the other.

Comment

Sacme, that is FANTASTIC!! We are becoming FAMOUS!
                                Maybe we will get some respect now!

Token ~

Comment

Working...
                                X