This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    I agree, Caty. It may be superstitious but where I am from, you don't start sending baby gifts until much closer to the due date. Most baby showers aren't until the eighth month around here....
    I agree. i'm even uncomfortable with pre-birth baby showers.

a note/card of well wishes is one thing...but imagine how horrible it would be if something nasty happened????

Folks can do what they want, but pesonally, i'd hold off on anything bigger until later
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tauripeg
      OK guys I have'nt been on the thread for the past few days(been reading shippy fanfics.) So while I have been trying to catch up on what all the shippers are doing, I have one question. What is with the penguins? Flaming or otherwise. I have been skimming through posts so I think I missed something. Could someone please explain. Or let me know where to find the posts that explain about the penguins.

Caty-great job on the halloween videos. Very spooky. My daughter(baalsbabe) and I really enjoyed them. But then You always do amazing videos.

Hang in there folks our ship will come in.
      peg

You have been busy ..there are tons of fics out there ..I wish I could have the time to read them but nope ..no time for me for that..shame though

Can't help you with the penguns much ..I think it all started with Jack the penguin god ..and then not sure !!!!!

Glad you like the Halloween videos ..I should make one more halloween video ..I hope I will ..It should be "The phantom of the opera" (Nightwish).. I just need more clips .

I posted "Ti Amo" Umberto Tozzi today ..and all the new ones are in the first 2 rows of the website.

Thank you tauripeg and baalsbabe

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Madeleine ..you really mean you don't like romance at all on TV no matter what ..in any shows or films???!!!!not even a small dose of it when done in good taste!!!If you watched the x-files ..What did you think of the first 6 seasons?!!!

I find that amazing ..but I'm still puzzled .

Caty
        Naaah, I was teasing

I like romance in many many books (although not actual romance books, just romance that happens in books that are about other things). I rarely find romance in Film or TV a draw; although plenty of times I enjoy it when it happens, I rarely miss it if it ends or never happens in the first place.

But I never even noticed any romance in the X-Files until OMG what the heck are they doing in bed together? when- what- how- HUH???

I suspect I'd have waaaaaay too many arguments if I ever entered X-Files fandom.

:: Hopes no one notices the irony in my posting that last statement in here, and runs away ::

Madeleine

Comment

One thing I'd definitely be OK with, is the idea of Sam and Jack being together in the movie. If a theatrical release was created, then I'd really like to see evidence of their existing relationship. I really can't see them breaking up in the movie with an, "Oh, yeah, we tried it; it didn't work out." That would not fly!

A movie gives us all some conceptual leeway, considering most action flicks have to have some sort of romance. That would be my excuse for it anyway...

If anything, a hint of something in the future that would strong, concrete and real would be fine for Moebius - if that is, indeed, the end.

DoS

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
            Miss Madeleine!!! You came back to visit!!! We may convert you yet! We have Major Fischer in our clutches, I mean, amoung us...

I don't know ..I'm still waiting for her to answer my question ...She is taking her time she doesn't live far from me ..may be I 'll go and knock at the door and peep through the window to see if she's kissing hubby !!!!! Shall I ??!!!! Hehehehehehe

I've heard Madeleine is a noromo which means no romance in any shows I expect ..cuz I don't see why some shows and not the others

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              I agree. i'm even uncomfortable with pre-birth baby showers.

a note/card of well wishes is one thing...but imagine how horrible it would be if something nasty happened????

Folks can do what they want, but pesonally, i'd hold off on anything bigger until later
              Yeah, definitely. Getting something ready now might be nice; but me - I'd hold off *sending* it until much later.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                One thing I'd definitely be OK with, is the idea of Sam and Jack being together in the movie. If a theatrical release was created, then I'd really like to see evidence of their existing relationship. I really can't see them breaking up in the movie with an, "Oh, yeah, we tried it; it didn't work out." That would not fly!

A movie gives us all some conceptual leeway, considering most action flicks have to have some sort of romance. That would be my excuse for it anyway...

If anything, a hint of something in the future that would strong, concrete and real would be fine for Moebius - if that is, indeed, the end.

DoS

Where is this breaking up idea coming from???

Gosh...I don't want a hint . I don't think lots of shippers want a hint specially after the Pete fiasco ..The pete fiasco was certanily not a hint..it was real there in front of our faces and a lot ..How many times did she kiss Pete altogether ???Let's count 2 in chimera ....2 in affinity and one in new oder ( dream but still ..for us shippers ..she kissed him as a plot device )

so 5 times ..how is that awfull that we have her kiss Pete 5 times in what 50 minutes of screen time ...and we had 4 kisses with Jack in 8 years and they are not even real ..I'm sorry but it's not on .

Better be big smoochie in Mobius and smiles and laugh and talks

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                  yes, old boy, chin up, don't let them see you're beaten and so on!

as for posts that got missed...where's the response to my brilliant post about moebius being the clip show, not citizen joe (possiblity only)? well, young ladies, and gentlemen, it's not good to annoy me, you know. i know where the penguins are!!! it'd only be a moment's work to strap them to the ski sticks and set them alight!!

anyway..my point was, and it really is quite a good one, in moebius
                  Spoiler:
                  they will be revisiting the past..what is this meant they could revisit all those scenes we know were there but never saw?
                  like sam's za'tarc testing, or that kiss in BTS?
                  For fear of being skewered by a flying bird, I'll answer... I love this idea!

Sally

ps - I haven't read very far into this thread since my catching up last night, so I'm not sure if anyone's replied to my idea... what about sending Amanda a baby t-shirt that says 'Mommy/Daddy Shipper'???
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                    OK, one more penguin pic - before you all think I've become penguin-obsessed (Mr. Potatohead - maybe; penguins - nah)....

But I just couldn't pass this one up: this one's for you, Critter!

An emperor penguin wears a backpack-like harness fitted
                    with a National Geographic Crittercam.
                    Photograph by Greg Marshall

You know, at first I thought it was fitted with a rocket pack!
                    rofl You know it does look like a rocket pack. I thought that you were just being clever. Penguins are so cute. Who could resist one.
                    sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
                    Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                      It's the part that it makes sense in your head michelle that scares us... Just kidding you know!

I have been reading all these conjunctures and I really do feel in my heart that Jack and Sam will be together in the end. I also really feel that we will be a bit disappointed because it is going to happen too quickly considering half of the season is already over and we've seen nothing that is bringing us any closer.

Now, I know we shouldn't be greedy because all we really want is for them to be together but I do wish we had some time to savor the event in some fashion other than our dreams and wishes.
                      Yes, Critter, yes. The ONLY thing I was against with Sam/Pete was that it wasn't Sam/Jack. I love romance, so I want the same for my favorite couple. But I have a feeling you're right on all of it. And that's good and not-so-good.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Mei Mei has it on good authority that Mala, Marimba and Tame are planning on joining the Penguins when they storm Bridge Studios... See the evidence!! Tame's the one in front!!

Mei Mei believes that this will cause TPTB to fold immediately and give Shippers the ship they deserve!!

Go, girls, go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          Yup. Mr W and I would rather play scrabble and mow the lawn than kiss and cuddle, and both our children were immaculate conceptions found under goosegog bushes

Wish I had know about those goosegog bushes way back when.
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            I have not bought Season 7 and I am not buying Season 8 as well unless the Sam and Jack ship is resolved to my liking.I am also not watching Atlantis.TPTB may think they have the power but we have the power.I'am sure there are plenty of Shippers who would join me in not buying the DVD'S or not watching Atlantis.TPTB better be very careful in handling the Sam and Jack Ship.
                            I'm not buying the DVDs till I know I'll be happy (with the entire package). I'm not watching Atlantis because of a- not really interested (liked Jessica Steen a lot, and not a real fan of the guy that plays Sheppard), and b- I'm actually scared of handing over my heart to the same ppl that have made me miserable with their first show. This might sound silly to some, or even like I'm threatening the ptb, but all I'm doing is protecting myself. It's not 'make me happy or I'll screw you over!', it's 'I want to be happy, and if you go in a direction that doesn't make me happy, I'll drift away.' The only thing I deserve as a fan is for the ppl making their product to do the best job they can. I really believe that we'll get some form of a resolution by the end of this season, but adding PS into the mix (when we had enough trials and tribulations to deal with regarding regs and such) has only added to our heartbreak (and raised expectations). Oh, and add in the crazy writing and out of character behavior...

I really, really think that ALL ptb that have a long running show going need to take a break for a while from writing. Sit back, watch old eps, and get a fresh perspective on things. There as *so* many shows I can think of that their last season(s) were so disappointing. I loved Buffy, Angel, Xena, Remington Steel, Silk Stalkings, X-files, (more shows that I can't recall right now), and every single one of these shows I was *extremely* disappointed with in the end. They lost their ways. They lost their steam. They lost why they were so great to begin with. I'm seeing some of that with Stargate (have since season 7). It scares me, because it's not only ship that I see suffering here.

((((((((((((Stargate))))))))))))))

I love you Stargate!!!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                              ...or a Simpsons DVD set, or a soft toy penguin, or a massage for his poor back.....
                              This brings me to a related question: has anybody ever seen a shippy fic where Jack has a birthday? I'd love to see it, so if you know of one . . .

Thanks!
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                Hey, I'm proud of you, too!

I've just lost track of what my record is...um, that's all....

OK, from now on, when pondering whether to let my fingers press that 'submit reply' button, my first thought will be, "WHAT WOULD SALLY DO??"

(of course, you know what my second thought would be...sometimes I just can't help myself!)
                                (((((Mala)))))

I'd really rather that my trying to steer shippers along was forgotten. I knew I'd run into rough waters, but I decided to try anyways. It was a losing battle to begin with because we're *so* bored/frustrated and have little to talk about without new eps or spoilers. Besides, going off topic is not being done maliciously, it's just that we all like each other so much that it's easy to start talking 'shippers' instead of ship. I love this group like I've never loved another. What's more important to me is that we're happy. I also think the 'majority' voice was given, so I will abide by their wishes. Please, Mala, just do what you want and don't live up to some supposed idea of what you think *I* want. Part of what's made this specific group so wonderful is our patience and understanding and unconditional love... the shippers of this group are more important than talking ship. Please continue to be just the way you want.

(((((((((((( shipper family )))))))))))))

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X