This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    Tame well said. I was just about to post how I could hear what Madeline was saying and that I'd asked people nicely not to diss non-romos and anti-shippers on the thread (about twice I think in the 20 or so threads), but I was also feeling for BlueIris, in that I feel sometimes a tad frustrated when I do sometimes venture "out there" and there is no place to go and say "how bad was that for me?"..
    I will now reserve all my ranting for my 14 year old son. I couldn't possibly offend him as he never listens to me.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Hello Shippers.
      Quite a few things to ramble on about today. And I am slightly sleep deprived so I apologise in advance for the incoherent nature of this post.
      1) Welcome to delurked shippers. I always seem to miss the delurkings and hence never say hi. So here's a post de-lurk hi.
      2) Caty; I love your new site and the new vid.
      3) The 'british guy' from area 51.... I haven't seen him but your mentioning of him triggered this mostly OT rant:
      British people on stargate!! Are so horrendously stereotyped!!! I find it incredibly annoying!!! Like that ambassador from disclosure *weeps* He was even drinking A CUP OF TEA throughout the ep!! Argh!! S/J forever (note that little concession to *on* topicness there).
      4) Moeb spoilers.
      Spoiler:
      I have heard that Major Davis is definitely in it, and Hammond MAY be in it. To me this suggests some sort of epic battle where they need the overseer of all of earth's alien defences (Hammond) plus his aide (Davis) to sort things out with commander of the SGC. It could have something to do with Jack resigning, I suppose, but I seriously have doubts that tptb would undertake an action as precipitous (and likely to cause negative fan-reaction!) as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
        Caty,

Just thought I would tell you that your site looks great!!!

NICE JOB!

~*~Emilee~*~

Thank you Emilee

.... and I couldn't resist to post a new video to celebrate ...looks good

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          Caty, your site looks absolutely amazing!!

Thank you shelsfc...I'm quite proud of it Took me 17 hours to do my Sam & Jack shippy page but they deserve it and we deserve it too I had to keep checking for all the stuff to be at the right place and the thumbails to all be linked properly.

I'm doing the same with all the other videos left

And I don't know what your sig pic is doing in my sig??!!!!! Strange....oop....disappeared now ..just saw it by Kiwigater's post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ...GW is magic too.

Caty
          Last edited by Catysg1; 24 September 2004, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
            Don't you worry, I'll hooray with you! That's great to hear. I love Major Davis, always adds a little "squee-worthiness" to an episode (is that a word? It is now.) He'll be at the convention Germany in December, I think I'll take him aside and ask him everything about Moebius... *evil laugh*
            Be gentle with him! I don't want him bruised!

Velvet hand in iron glove.. whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
              hey hey shippers

and how are we today?????

just thought i'd let you all know that my first completed fic is well... completed!!!!!!!!

it's 9000 - ish words and it's alol about WoO and an extra time loop and guess what???

it's filled with lots of ship and angst and just plain craziness

so after that shameless plug i'll get down to bussiness

I know the scene in A$$inity is heartwrenching to watch, but the ambiguity over whither
              Spoiler:
              and Sam hold it together
              leaves the show in a kind of interesting position where they don't need to reveal anything on the story line until they feel they need to.

this keeps the anti-shippers happy

although it leave little shiplets like us hanging on every word for any indication or clue

TPTB have got thier heads screwed on and are going to take us for a roller coaster rife this year, completly intentional of course, makes for good TV so it do!!!!!!

Sam has taken a timble into my bad books as well not just because i thunk (i thunk therefore i am) but any one would be disapointed in they was she treated him and making him look so sad!!!!

your link isn't working....help! I want to read your WOO fic!

//BTW what kinda ship is it HMS maybe ?????//

no, the HWMS ship!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
              ~Imzadi
              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                your link isn't working....help! I want to read your WOO fic!

//BTW what kinda ship is it HMS maybe ?????//

no, the HWMS ship!
                Not as far as that!

Our Mishy is too you to read that stuff!!! (We're both 16!)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mishymo is where you'll find her fic.

I also recommend Einstein meets Newton and Team Bonding!

They're all great and very funny because Mishy has a lunatic's sense of humour!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                  hello my shipper family- hope your all well. I have somehow managed toread most of the posts in this site and I have to say- the one thing i do disagree with- I don't think amanda is all that keen on the shippyness level- I think that maybe she's a lil fed up of people hating pete so much- It must be really hard when she's trying to play a character but when half want oe thing and the other half want another thing. I duno I just think maybe she's a little put off by the true force of our shippy-ness which is totally her right to and yes I do dislike Pete- I can't help it.Just thought I'd share that with you guys- please don't hate me. Again, hope everyone's okay and having lots of happy shipper thoughts.
                  Now Samfan how could we hate you? You're one of the Family. Your feelings & opinions are completely valid & you have every right to post your thoughts.

Methinks too that AT is a bit fed up at the writers too (RCC in particular) for leading her character down a road that's not true to the character they've developed over all these years....
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                    hey all- I was wandering if anyone had a song that reminded them with Sam and jack? I posted this before but some other news took over, lol. Mine r:
                    Leanne Rhimes- The safest place (see sig)
                    Toby Lightman (frightened)
                    Both beautiful songs. What about you all?
                    Forever Yours - Nightwish

Fare thee well, little broken heart
                    Downcast eyes, lifetime loneliness

Whatever walks in my heart will walk alone

Constant longing for the perfect soul
                    Unwashed scenery forever gone

No love left in me
                    No eyes to see the heaven beside me
                    My time is yet to come
                    So I'll be forever yours

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
                      Forever Yours - Nightwish

Fare thee well, little broken heart
                      Downcast eyes, lifetime loneliness

Whatever walks in my heart will walk alone

Constant longing for the perfect soul
                      Unwashed scenery forever gone

No love left in me
                      No eyes to see the heaven beside me
                      My time is yet to come
                      So I'll be forever yours
                      I love Nightwish and I asked a few weeks ago if a song could fit Sam and Jack ...Do you think that one fits then Capt Rivet????if it does ..I 'll do it after MG's request

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Starfury
                        [Note: I removed the spoiler tag because, taken out of context, it's not really a spoiler.]

Hey Michelle, your comment leads perfectly into my SHIPPY MOMENT OF THE DAY!!!

Today, Starfury's Shippy Moment comes from "Sentinel."

Carter and Teal'c are fending off a Jaffa attack while Daniel and two former NID rogues try to fix the Sentinel. They eventually retreat behind the impenetrable force field. Meanwhile O'Neill and Lt. Grogan have been captured by the Jaffa, who drag them in front of her and threaten to kill them unless Carter lowers the force field.

Sam's reactions to seeing Jack's life threatened says it all. "Fiercely protective hell cat" pretty much covers it.

And, since I don't usually post on weekends, here's a bonus Shippy Moment from "Menace."

Daniel is describing the difficulty of trying to hold a conversation with Reese. "She gets distracted, her mind wanders..." In the background Jack is playing with a magnifying glass. We get a magnificent shot of his magnified tounge (do you think he was showing it off for Sam's benefit? Sam, what on earth are you waiting for? That tounge could be YOURS, just say the word!) and Daniel finishes: "It's like she has the mind of a child."

There is a brief pause. Everybody looks at Jack, who was obviously not paying attention. "What?" he asks. Bemused, Sam flashes her patent Neon Smile. That smile belongs to Jack. I've been paying attention, and nobody else can make her smile that way. Not Martouf, not Narim, not Orlin. I mean, Sam's regular smile is pretty great, don't get me wrong, but the Neon Smile is like the difference between starlight and sunshine.

Starfury

This was a really good read I enjoyed that Like Jack's lips and I suppose Sam too although she does not really know what they taste like !!!! ....but the tongue...LOL .I bet she 'll be happy to try it kind of soonish

Caty

Comment

Keep me a Secret - thank Mishy Mo for this one - she has a song fic for it
                          Rushes - Darius - I think of this as being Jack's POV of Sam eg. she's about 5'9", got a sexy stride (COTG meeting??)
                          Hopelessly addicted - The Corrs - Jack's POV of Sam
                          What can I do - The Corrs - Jack about Sam (notice a pattern?)
                          ***** - eridith Brooks - Sam (Suzvoy has a vid of this)
                          He Walks like a man - Sam's POV of Jack (again, Suzvoy has a vid of it)

There's more but my brains not working right at the moment!!!

Does it ever?
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                            I love Nightwish and I asked a few weeks ago if a song could fit Sam and Jack ...Do you think that one fits then Capt Rivet????if it does ..I 'll do it after MG's request

Caty
                            Yeah I think it does. Every time I hear it it reminds me of Sam and Jack...

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                              Be gentle with him! I don't want him bruised!

Velvet hand in iron glove.. whatever...
                              No no, we'll be nice and well-behaved and... whatcha laughing at? We WILL be nice and well-behaved! Right, guys?

*silcene*

RIGHT?

Starfury: I love the Shippy Moments of the Day, btw. They make me smile and help me get over the hiatus. Keep them up! And I know exactly what you mean by Neon Smile - it's even more gorgeous in real life!

Jaaaack, look at that woman!

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

good evening people

one of the songs i really like for sam and jack is the one Marimba used for her music video's which is called 'the reason' by hoobastank : that song is just like ...wow lol

GREAT VID BTW MARIMBA!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by samisjacksgal; 24 September 2004, 09:30 AM. Reason: forgot to mention artist :)
                                Carolyn

Comment

Working...
                                X