This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeromathlete
    Once again, didn't get to see this latest episode, Endgame, but I've gotten *meh* reactions from a few who did. Tagging my ideas, even though I haven't seen the ep. (Covenant/Endgame)
    Spoiler:
    Pete is probably putting a strain on the way Jack is dealing with Sam. I hear he was pretty snippy with her in Covenant because of the Colson guy, and I'm pretty sure he might be snippy with her again. I'm under the impression that NID heisted the Stargate, but I don't know that for certain either. What exactly is going on with the Trust? Okay, maybe I'll just wait for a proper synopsis to be posted, but being out of the loop is driving me nuts.

Though, I repeat, we shippaz will win out in the end. And it is quite unfortunate that Jack never gets to see Sam in the cool outfits, even though I, too, feel that the concept of Sam wearing a catsuit is slightly cliche and degrading (too much like other, more cheezy sci-fi shows).
    I have to agree on the catsuit. I would expect that from Sydney but usually when she's wearing a catsuit she's in disguise and kicking butt!!! I would probably be better about Sam in a catsuit if that were the case but I've pretty much resigned myself that kick-butt Sam is a thing of the past. So sad.
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
      I haven't had a chance to go through the posts yet this morning but wanted to get my two bits in before RL started screaming

Spoilers for Endgame
      Spoiler:
      I got the feeling that Jack is starting to mull over his desire to lead SGC. He made a decision to save the team and pretty much let the mission go---ie the bad guys got away with the ship. Being a leader is tough with tough decisions and Jack doesn't seem very comfortable with this new role.

If what we've been speculation will happen, that Jack will indeed leave the Air Force, then I think we are starting to see that happen. It makes me uncomfortable to watch him in the leadership role because we all know that he'd rather be out there with the team. And we'd rather he be out there with the team too!

I didn't see any real Shipping going on which disappoints me greatly. His concerns were for the whole team and did not single out Sam. TPTB had better start throwing some Shipper bones or else when they get together it will seem totally off the wall.

I am going to try real hard to stay out of my shipper snit today. I think I'll just wallow in the gutter today to save myself.
      Shipper Snit!!! What a nice way to put it!! I've been kind of in a funk lately too. Think I'll wallow in the gutter too! I think I need to reexamine my all my RDA pics today!
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I haven't seen Endgame, but

Spoiler:
        I like that it sounds like Jack is uncomfortable being General O' Neill - If and when he does retire, it won't seem like it just came out of nowhere...I suppose though, if he stays in charge as a civilain, he'd still be in the same position, making the difficult decisions and staying behind while everyone else has all the fun...

Comment

Why does everyone want Jack to resign? We all have seen what shows with little bits of Jack are like. None of us liked it much. Imagine what it would be like with no Jack. The thought of him quitting and letting others do the job with no input, no authority just does not sit well. All so that him and Sam could be together while she has a long career as military officer? I ask you, do Jack seem like the type of person to sit around with no goals?

The only way this can end is with Sam and Jack together and at the SGC saving the world together. AND TO H#!! WITH REGS.
          Gatetime

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            Mala this is spectacular and Tame your dream has come true! What a talented group of Shippers we have here. I am still amazed every time I see this stuff. I know, simple things for simple minds!
            And what a happy birthday Tame had in that dream!

Happy Birthday Tame!

S'Claire

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
              Why does everyone want Jack to resign? We all have seen what shows with little bits of Jack are like. None of us liked it much. Imagine what it would be like with no Jack. The thought of him quitting and letting others do the job with no input, no authority just does not sit well. All so that him and Sam could be together while she has a long career as military officer? I ask you, do Jack seem like the type of person to sit around with no goals?

The only way this can end is with Sam and Jack together and at the SGC saving the world together. AND TO H#!! WITH REGS.
              The only reason I want him to resign is so the regs will no longer be an issue! If Jack resigns, he can run the SGC as a civilian, like Dr Weir, and he can be with Sam. The possible problem of their relationship being inappropriate because they're working together is solved
              Spoiler:
              by the fact that Jack has been going out with Kerry - if it's ok for him to go out with her, then it's ok for him to out with Sam.

It shouldn't be an excuse to have Jack there even less, because he would still be in the same job, just not strictly affected by the regs.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Jack is getting very tired of his position...and hopefully all this tension will lead to an overdue retirement soon.
                [/spoiler]

Caty
                Maybe spoilers....so I'll put a little space....but really just some season 8 comments.....

Everyone mentioning this, it reminds me of what Admiral Kirk said - "Don't let them promote you" He went on several other times to say that is so NOT fun to be promoted .... So, I'm sure we all agree....that is the same feeling we are seeing in Jack...who wishes he was still Col....in many ways....

S

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  The only reason I want him to resign is so the regs will no longer be an issue! If Jack resigns, he can run the SGC as a civilian, like Dr Weir, and he can be with Sam. The possible problem of their relationship being inappropriate because they're working together is solved
                  Spoiler:
                  by the fact that Jack has been going out with Kerry - if it's ok for him to go out with her, then it's ok for him to out with Sam.

It shouldn't be an excuse to have Jack there even less, because he would still be in the same job, just not strictly affected by the regs.

This particular problem would carry over into civilan jobs too. One does not have relationships with the boss. Regs or SOP, it would still have to be ignored.
                  Spoiler:
                  Kerry would be different because he his not her boss and she is not his
                  Gatetime

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    Spoiler space just in case...
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought Teal'c already knew how to dial the gate. Wasn't he the one that said that all Jaffa were taught the symbols to Cimmeria to make sure that they would never go there (Thor's Hammer I think). Wouldn't that imply a pre-existing knowlege of how to dial the gate? Just a thought.
                    LOL...I KNOW Teal'c KNEW THAT!!!!! I meant
                    Spoiler:
                    That Teal'c was the one to figure out that he could get to his team mates on the ship through it. I KNOW that we don't KNOW that but since he is the one that came through the gate THAT is what I am choosing to believe. That he decided to ACT and got the Alpha site behind his efforts

It was just something I decided to see in a way to make the whole episode better for me
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hello Shipper Family!!
                      I just wanted to pop in and sy hi cause I don't feel like i've posted anything for a while (Although I did post a message to Tame for her birthday yesterday)

I've been trying to catch up with as much as I can, but with 660 posts to get through I don't think i'm going to make it so i've skimmed through most of the posts.

SueKay I saw your post about not posting for a while and I hope you are ok, you know your shipper family is here for you if we can do anything to help....(((((((((SueKay))))))))))))

Mala! Great Screencaps! and good captions from Mei Mei

And Tame...I LOVE your signature! The pic is great and the little verse by the side of it is lovely

My thoughts on Endgame -
                      Spoiler:
                      good storyline, but I don't think the episode was done as well as it could of been, it was very Jack lite, I was shocked by Sam's weird catsuit thing I liked the start with Daniel interviewing Chevron guy and the little hello between Sam and Dan when they were both caught They were the two highlights of the ep. and I was happy that we did get to see a little bit of worry/relief from Jack before the episode finished.

Mixing everything into one post so I don't have to post loads of small ones, i'm off to bed now, i'll try to spend a bit more time here tomorrow.

((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))
                      Last edited by Sam_o_Neill; 18 September 2004, 02:27 PM.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

oooh, I forgot to mention my little brother got Mr.Potato Head from the Disney Store today
                        I'm going to have a LOT of fun watching him play with that and I might even try to steal it so I can have a play with it

*Starts plotting evil things to do to Potato Head*

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Hey people!
                          Things have been quite good today, and I'm feeling a bit better.
                          (((((((Shipper Family))))))))
                          Thank you for all the well wishing!

I just thought I'd post something that will soon be on my site.

Ratings Explained
                          - Shippy rating gives an indication as to the level of Ship per episode. 0 being the lowest, 5 being the highest. Cookies are used in homage to Ship Nana of the Gateworld Shipper Family whose Shipper Cookies are known around the World (I'm being serious btw!). Additional - If an episode has a low rating eg - three cookies, you must eat two within the course of the episode to balance it out to five. If an episode has the rating five, eat some anyway!
                          - Overall Rating Gives my own opinion of each episode. It is measured using the Chvrons of the Stargate, with 9 being the highest rating and 0 being the lowest.

What do you think?

Sam - The General's Hell has been updated! Just clickon the link to my main site and go to the fic page!
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by gatetime
                            Definitely no. Jack has been the most part of his live in the military. That´s his life and that´s what he loves doing. Personally I think it should be Sam the one who retire. She wanted to be an astronaut, that´s because she joined the military. She can be a scientist and still going trough the stargate as Daniel does.
                            Sir, it's just a plant (Wal...ter).

...and you say his name is Pete Shannahan....I see.
                            By the way, do you know his address??

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Hey people!

Ratings Explained
                              - Shippy rating gives an indication as to the level of Ship per episode. 0 being the lowest, 5 being the highest. Cookies are used in homage to Ship Nana of the Gateworld Shipper Family whose Shipper Cookies are known around the World (I'm being serious btw!). Additional - If an episode has a low rating eg - three cookies, you must eat two within the course of the episode to balance it out to five. If an episode has the rating five, eat some anyway!
                              - Overall Rating Gives my own opinion of each episode. It is measured using the Chvrons of the Stargate, with 9 being the highest rating and 0 being the lowest.

What do you think?

Sam - The General's Hell has been updated! Just clickon the link to my main site and go to the fic page!
                              Hey SueKay, Glad you're feeling better

The rating system sounds great Especially using shipper cookies to rate the shippyness

I'm too tired to read The Generals Hell at the moment (and I think I just proved that to myself by typing General Hammond , instead of Generals Hell ) but i'll remember that its updated and will read it ASAP tomorrow.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Hey people!

Ratings Explained

What do you think?

Glad you're feeling better sueKay!!

Love the idea of cookies as the shippy rating!!

Comment

Working...
                                X