X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwigater
    *hysterical laughter!*
    oops, NO!!! No certified geniuses here.... well, not me anyway! I meant (and apparently wrote VERY badly!), that I got my scuba diving qualifications when I was 17, NOT the undergrad degree (I got that at a much more normal age... ). Rereading my post I can certainly see how you got that from my appallingly badly written post!

I'm a total water baby, and getting my scuba diving qualifications was a big thrill for me, I'd wanted to do that and sky dive since I was 8! (Did the sky diving thing once - and that's enough for me! Apparently I'm too much of a woss in my old age!)

I'm a bit eeeehhhh about Good to be King, but I don't doubt it'll beat out Affinity hands down...
    Whew! That's a relief! I was starting to worry about meeting you...thought you'd think I was a real dunce or something! I was going to be "intimidated by your intelligence."
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      Hard work?? Hard work?!?!?! What hard work????

*bursts into uncontrolled laughter*
      Heeey! I'll have you know I did LOTS of hard work yesterday and today...I did....ummm... *kiwigater scowls in concentrations*.... ahh, forget it

Comment

Heeey! I'll have you know I did LOTS of hard work yesterday and today...I did....ummm... *kiwigater scowls in concentrations*.... ahh, forget it
        LOL!!!! So whatdya think of my "shipper encampment" idea for the next con. Any of us shippers that go can share hotel suites.

Comment

Originally posted by JSDT
          Whew! That's a relief! I was starting to worry about meeting you...thought you'd think I was a real dunce or something! I was going to be "intimidated by your intelligence."
          LOL! Just don't try to have me booted off the team...
          I'd never think you were a dunce! Altho I suscept I may turn into a brainless drooling fool at this con... If RDA were there methinks there would be some serious problems!

Comment

LOL!!!! So whatdya think of my "shipper encampment" idea for the next con. Any of us shippers that go can share hotel suites.
            ummm, I seem to have missed the memo!
            What shipper encampment??? I don't know if there's enough of us going to the Chicago con, and I know both me and Tasha are too poor to afford the hotel and are bludging off family members (in her case), or workmates Mom's houses (in my case - I have no shame!).
            In theory I love the idea tho. On a sports trip at home we once fit 8 girls in one hotel room to save money (now, now MG, stop hyperventilating!).

Comment

I'd never think you were a dunce! Altho I suscept I may turn into a brainless drooling fool at this con... If RDA were there methinks there would be some serious problems!
              No more so than me if I met AT at a con. My computer genius would probably leave me and I'd be nothin' more than a stuttering fool if I were standin' with AT. If I ever have any pics with her my expression would be that of a "scared rabbit."

Comment

You're not old!!!! Ya don't look a day over 20. I'm told a little flattery doesn't hurt once in awhile!!!!
                *blushes* Why thank you MG..... now, um, whaddaya want??
                Tell me that in 10 years! (when I'm nearly 40 instead of 30... 28 sounds soooo much better than nearly 30!).

As for your badly written post, how many of those potent rum & cokes did you drink at the shipper bar before coming online to see us??
                hardly any! It was those yummy pictures from our fav eps that did me in... impaired my ability to write English!

Comment

ummm, I seem to have missed the memo!
                  What shipper encampment??? I don't know if there's enough of us going to the Chicago con, and I know both me and Tasha are too poor to afford the hotel and are bludging off family members (in her case), or workmates Mom's houses (in my case - I have no shame!).
                  In theory I love the idea tho. On a sports trip at home we once fit 8 girls in one hotel room to save money (now, now MG, stop hyperventilating!).
                  Check post #79 on page 4. I'm not going to the Chicago con. But for any other cons on American soil that I might try to get to, it would be a great idea. I'd say we can fit probably about 10-20 of us in a hotel suite, so the cost for each person in that suite would be dramatically reduced. That's what I meant by the "shipper encampment" for whatever con I go to (this idea will have to wait to be implemented until I can get myself to a con since I don't want to miss out on the fun of being in a shipper encampment ). So for this idea we'd have to rally all the shippers in this thread. Since there's a lot more than 10-20 of us in this thread, we'd need more than one suite. I'd guess we'd have to rent at least 2 or 3 suites next to each other if we rally our thread hard enough. 2 or 3 suites full of shippers would definitely constitute a "shipper encampment." Maybe we can even invite RDA and AT to visit our "encampment" at whatever con we are able to implement this at.

Comment

*blushes* Why thank you MG..... now, um, whaddaya want??
                    Tell me that in 10 years! (when I'm nearly 40 instead of 30... 28 sounds soooo much better than nearly 30!).

hardly any! It was those yummy pictures from our fav eps that did me in... impaired my ability to write English!
                    I don't need anything!!!! I just enjoy making you blush, thereby making everybody think you've been on a hot date with RDA, MS, or CJ!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I'd love to visit New Zealand or the US, but like you I'm too poor to fly there (I'm a broke Student )

I'd also love to visit Australia, as I have relatives in Melbourne that I've never met. Have you been to Australia?
                      Only once I'm afraid! It's only in the fairly recent past that the plane tickets have gotten cheap enough to go easily (and of course I've been in the US during that time!). Only been to Sydney, for a sporting event. Was lots of fun, but we didn't really have enough time to do much exploring other than the ridiculoulsy touristy stuff!

Originally posted by catysg1
                      I'd love to go and live in New Zealand ....the North Island ..I keep asking my hubby .."When are we going ?" I even bought a book about New Zealand so that he could get some infos ..and he looked at it So who knows !!!!...

Australia too I'd love to live there.....but it's more difficult for English people to get a visa .
                      New Zealand is easy ....Mind you !!his company who was French has just been bought by Australians ...so we may be lucky...and he may get a "mutation.".not sure if it 's the right word !!!!!

Caty
                      Well, let me know if you ever want help/info! I don't know much about the immigration rules, but if you're visiting just let me know! If I'm there I'd love to show you around. Lots of my friends here keep asking when I'm going home so they have an excuse to come visit me - cracks me up "We love you, now go away so we can come visit!"
                      I have a very open door policy about people staying with me, OK that does not apply to you lurkers! But definitely to Shipper Family

Should really be remotely OT..... Only 1 vote difference between PoV and Heroes II! I can understand Ship Sistah's position tho - its kinda like trying to choose between your children (if I had any of my own ).

Comment

I don't need anything!!!! I just enjoy making you blush, thereby making everybody think you've been on a hot date with RDA, MS, or CJ!!!!
                        How about all 3?... *shivers*

MG you're making it very difficult to stay OT!
                        As for the shipper encampment... lovely idea, but I really doubt that we'll all ever be in one place at the same time - in RL anyway! (except for maybe next years Gatecon if RDA came... ).

OK, I'm leaving my computer to go do some real work..... (STOP LAUGHING!!)

Comment

Only once I'm afraid! It's only in the fairly recent past that the plane tickets have gotten cheap enough to go easily (and of course I've been in the US during that time!). Only been to Sydney, for a sporting event. Was lots of fun, but we didn't really have enough time to do much exploring other than the ridiculoulsy touristy stuff!

Well, let me know if you ever want help/info! I don't know much about the immigration rules, but if you're visiting just let me know! If I'm there I'd love to show you around. Lots of my friends here keep asking when I'm going home so they have an excuse to come visit me - cracks me up "We love you, now go away so we can come visit!"
                          I have a very open door policy about people staying with me, OK that does not apply to you lurkers! But definitely to Shipper Family

Should really be remotely OT..... Only 1 vote difference between PoV and Heroes II! I can understand Ship Sistah's position tho - its kinda like trying to choose between your children (if I had any of my own ).
                          Maybe if I ever get a well-paying career level IT job I can do some traveling overseas. If I can get the money I may even visit you when you're at NZ!!!!

Of course I may get blank looks on my face at the "kiwi lingo."

Comment

*hysterical laughter!*
                            oops, NO!!! No certified geniuses here.... well, not me anyway! I meant (and apparently wrote VERY badly!), that I got my scuba diving qualifications when I was 17, NOT the undergrad degree (I got that at a much more normal age... ). Rereading my post I can certainly see how you got that from my appallingly badly written post!

I'm a total water baby, and getting my scuba diving qualifications was a big thrill for me, I'd wanted to do that and sky dive since I was 8! (Did the sky diving thing once - and that's enough for me! Apparently I'm too much of a woss in my old age!)

I'm a bit eeeehhhh about Good to be King, but I don't doubt it'll beat out Affinity hands down...
                            I did a parachute jump in 1983 and survived to tell the tale!!!!! It was in a wee cessna plane, and my instructor gave me a slight push to get me out!!!! It was a bit like what Jack does to Sam the first time she goes through the gate! See......I can keep on topic!
                            sigpic

Comment

I would never do that! You're family!

I'm with you on the brainless and drooling bit...we may not make that good of an impression in representing our shipper family.
                              Tasha
                              JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

How about all 3?... *shivers*

MG you're making it very difficult to stay OT!
                                As for the shipper encampment... lovely idea, but I really doubt that we'll all ever be in one place at the same time - in RL anyway! (except for maybe next years Gatecon if RDA came... ).

OK, I'm leaving my computer to go do some real work..... (STOP LAUGHING!!)
                                I've been looking at the event calendar and there are no SG-1 related events in the near future in Buffalo!!!! Not surprising as I think Buffalo is becoming a dying city. Can't get the politicians around here in Western New York to agree on anything, that's why. OK. I'm done ranting about Buffalo and it's stupid politicians.

The only SCIFI con I've ever seen around here in Buffalo is a Star Trek one my sister and my brother-in-law (my potential bro-in-law at the time) took me to. They even surprised me with it. THey had me blindfolded the whole way there.

And all of the rest of the stargate cons after august are overseas, which means I will never be able to get to those. So I won't be going to a con for quite awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X