This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeromathlete
    I noticed that in the theater, and I was like NO WAY! They did NOT just steal the Stargate theme! But I guess they did. Shame. The movie didn't look that great at all, IMO.

Made a new sig in celebration of Ship Day tomorrow. hehehe....
    Great sig!!!!
    Ship Nana

Comment

someone said it was acknowledged last year, but I guess this is the first year that it is a true celebration.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        Thankyou!! Im gonna read your fic just now, then I need to go! It's 2.00 am here!!!
        Thank goodness it's short!!

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
          someone said it was acknowledged last year, but I guess this is the first year that it is a true celebration.

ship sistah
          Okay, I must need more history behind this. I thought that July 28th was chosen as Ship Day because YOU all chose that date. Is there something obvious about the date, or about Ship Day that I am missing?

Knock me over the head so I can be less stupid about this, please

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            LOL well I am glad you asked Sue Kay

here is the schedule once again courtesy of Mei Mei
            US Pacific - 9:00 pm Tues 7/27
            US Mountain - 10:00 pm
            US Central - 11:00 pm
            US Eastern - 12:00 Midnight
            UK - 5:00 am Wed 7/28
            Germany - 6:00 am
            You mean I got it right?

Oh, my...

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
              I saw the trailer for that MONTHS ago and thought the same thing. I wish I could think of a good example, but movie themes are used over and over to help promote new movies. We just know that one so well that our ears automatically perked up for it
              Actually the two I seem to hear the most for action movies are classical. O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff (sic) and part of Beethovan's Ninth Symphony Choral (4th movement). Hadn't noticed the SG theme though. I watch so much SG on DVD I tend to skip the opening... Gotta get to the good parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                Okay, I must need more history behind this. I thought that July 28th was chosen as Ship Day because YOU all chose that date. Is there something obvious about the date, or about Ship Day that I am missing?

Knock me over the head so I can be less stupid about this, please
                I forget who told us, but someone said that last year they made July 28th Ship Day and asked if we were going to celebrate it this year. Everyone jumped on the idea, because it sounded great. Maybe I'll go search the post out. I wasn't on Delfi (the old forum home) until this year, so I don't know what they did to celebrate. Was anybody around then?

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                  Thank you!!! (Whew!!)
                  Caty's video is totally responsible for the story.
                  oh cool...I haven't actually heard the song before...it sounds pretty

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                  ~Imzadi
                  describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                  Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I forget who told us, but someone said that last year they made July 28th Ship Day and asked if we were going to celebrate it this year. Everyone jumped on the idea, because it sounded great. Maybe I'll go search the post out. I wasn't on Delfi (the old forum home) until this year, so I don't know what they did to celebrate. Was anybody around then?

ship sistah
                    I will add 2nd Annual in tribute to the Delphi forum...I think it only fair to acknowledge that it was done before
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      oh cool...I haven't actually heard the song before...it sounds pretty
                      Oh, it is just the most beautiful song....After I watched Caty's video, I couldn't get it out of my head so I went and bought the CD. I play it over and over and all I see is Sam and Jack. Finally had to write something about it before my head exploded!!

Comment

Hey, that's rude!! My signature pic got replaced with a dang logo!!!

Comment

okay, I found it in thread 8. Shelsfc said:
                          You're absolutely right! We need something to celebrate! And IIRC, July 28th was declared Ship Day on the old Gateworld forum - maybe it's time to start planning the celebrations? It's only a couple of weeks away!
                          this is what started us on the party train.

ship sistah

Comment

Looks like Creation is selling banners from our convention on ebay. I thought they had auctioned them all off for charity at our event, but I guess a few extras were signed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...geName=MERC_VI

Comment

Nice Fic Getcarter!!!!!!! I Loved It!!!! Now If Only I Can Get My Silly Fics Up There Properly!!!!!!! (damn Picky Gw Fic Uploader)

Comment

okay, I found it in thread 8. Shelsfc said:

this is what started us on the party train.

ship sistah
                                I don't know if you saw my post from a little bit ago...but I am going to Add 2nd Annual to the title because I really think we need to acknowledge that someone did this before us
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X