This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Of course, I'm OK with it... But speaking of my 'work' - in the last thread someone asked Token where she got the first pic in her signature and she wasn't sure.

Well I recognize it! That's one of my 'scrubbed' pix! (which means that I take publicity shots and clean them up, crop them, take out the stuff that I don't want...)

I love his eyes. So, Token, now you know! And the fact that you're using it just shows what good taste you have, too!
    I thought I might have picked that up in the "gutter", but I didn't know who to give credit. Now I do. I hope it is ok to use it, Mala. It's such a wonderful pic!

I'm planning some additions to Shipper Town, but construction is going to be delayed. I won't be back on-line until Saturday night. I'll be thinking of you guys during "Lockdown".

Bye for now.

Token ~

Comment

Lat call for Ship Petition!

I'm my local library where they have a printer that works!

I'm currently at 98 names, and if you want to help me make it to 100 hundred - you've got ten minutes!!!

Here's the letter I'm sending

Susan Kirsty Dailey
      4 Steele Walk, Balloch
      West Dunbartonshire,
      Scotland, G83 8AR

23rd July 04

Stargate SG1 Productions
      Attn: Stargate SG1 Production Staff
      Bridge Studios
      2400 Boundary Rd.
      Burnaby, BC
      Canada, V5M 3Z3

Dear SG1 Production/Writing Staff,

I am writing on behalf of a large number of fans and myself, with regards to the ongoing story arc between Brigadier General Jack O'Neill and Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter.

Before I began to regularly watch Stargate SG1, I was a regular viewer and fan of another science-fiction show - Star Trek Voyager. This show had a similar - but less prominent - story arc between two characters, namely Captain Kathryn Janeway and Commander Chakotay. While this may not seem relevant, I'd like to point out some similarities between the two storylines.

The writers of Voyager incorporated this thread into several episodes, and it seemed at times that the two characters would 'get together.' Fans ran similar letter campaigns and petitions, to those taking place in SG-1 fandom now, but in the end the Voyager writers decided to end the arc. Many of Voyager's fans were upset by this decision. Their disappointment was in part responsible for their loss of interest in the entire Star Trek franchise.

Within recent months, a similarly disappointing situation has arisen on Stargate SG-1, in the form of the introduction of the character Pete Shanahan. I know that the majority of staff at Bridge Studio like the character--and the fans love David DeLuise--but it seems to me that the audience (on a whole) have not gelled with the character.

I cite this example only to draw attention to the similarities. I am confident that no matter how the Stargate SG-1 writers choose to resolve the O'Neill-Carter subplot, they will take into account the feelings of all the various groups of SG-1 fandom. Agree or disagree, up until just recently the SG-1 writers have always at least listened to the fans' opinions, and for that we are grateful.

Up until a few months ago, I was only a casual viewer of Stargate SG1. Even then, the on-screen chemistry between O'Neill and Carter was prominent. I see the relationship as good thing, as ultimately it humanises the characters, and makes them more believable.

Before I myself became a ‘Shipper’, I looked around online in order to get a deeper insight into the workings of the show, and the general opinion of the fans. Not to my surprise, I found that the large majority of viewers wanted to see the Jack/Sam relationship move up a gear, i.e. to become romantic.

I apologise if this letter sounds like a rant, but I myself and other fans are slightly frustrated with the whole Jack/Sam scenario. My fellow shippers and I would like to know if you'd like to review your stance on the story arc. If not, we would like some sort of statement telling us what will be happening, so that we can either know what's to come, or breathe a huge collective sigh of relief.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank you for giving us such a gripping and enthralling series to watch (this is certainly the first television programme I've written in to!). No matter what happens, I will be watching season eight.

Yours faithfully

Susan Dailey (16, Scotland)

Rebecca Ratcliff (44, USA)
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by GoneShippin'
        Based on the complaints we were getting, I think we need a large suite of rooms...have to have a mini-kitchen at minimum (decrease those 1am runs to the bar and bakery!)...might also want to sound proof 'em
        You are so good - do we have a Construction crew?? I think we need a construction crew. We really should put in an entertainment area as well so we can enjoy our favorite Sam and jack episodes late into the evening without bothering the rest of the inmat...I mean guests
        I accept!! Where's the Professional Ship Center? Ooohhh...I want a corner office!! With windows overlooking the Shipper Harbour!! and a mini-bar against the wall And to assist the efforts of our ship family, I'll create Ship Sales seminars "Conversion: 1 Shipper at a Time"
        See I KNEW you would already have a plan AND a marketing stategy already figured out!!!
        Whattaman, sigh...required viewing and discussion for the seminars...as a matter of fact, select viewing of Caty and Marimba's vids make up the first few hours of a course tentatively titled 'Ship 101'. I will definitely need Mala's assistance in making the visual aids
        Whattaman is my MOST FAVORITE Jack Thunking Video.
        Anytime is my favorite Sam & Jack vid so I would want to see them LOTS
        Hmmm....we MAY need to offer advanced degrees for some of our long-time shippers...this needs a little more thought.

ok, I'm actually on a business conference call whist I read the latest pages on the Thread...but they just asked for some feedback so I better make up something quickly...

talk to you guys tonight.

Di
        You so dedicated!!!! and such a multitasker!!!!!
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Okay folks!

The petition is finalised and printed off!

I'll have to love you and leave you, because I'm off to the Post Office!

Bye

Suz
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by col aga
            Okay guys. 20 pages in less than 24h ??!! That's official: you are too quick for me and I have a feeling that I'll never catch up .Oh,well...
            Since I have no idea how to quote from previous thread ( maybe some gater full of mercy could explain it to me... please...) I'm just posting quick replies:
            Third Floor Relic:
            /Well, actually, yes, I would be interested in knowing. It's because the educational systems are so different that it's interesting. Most Americans (including me) don't know a thing about how other countries go about it all. So, if you don't find it boring to talk about, I don't find it boring to listen to./

educational system in Poland is a little complicated because right now we have 2:"old"-from before the reform(and that's "my" system) & "new"-after reform, but he's still in works.Anyway I always talk about university because we don't have colleges as you understand it.After graduation from high school (you are 18-19) you can go to work or continue to study.If you choose second option you can go either to "college" from which you graduate after 3 years with Bachelor's Degree( and again you can go to work or continue study) or straight to university where after 5 years you get Master's Degree.

Mad Gater
            /THat would be because the Tok'ra have no cultural food. So that's why he doesn't talk about the food that the Tok'ra eat. They're always on the run, so they basically eat whatever's quick and easy. And Kel'dor's blushing now. I think he's smitten with you. That could be another reason he's shy around you. But he'll just have to suffer cuz I've got my eye on someone else. /

Do you really think I can talk only about food???!!! Kel'dor why such intelligent & wise Tok'ra like you has such a weird host? And you shouldn't suffer in silence (or suffer at all)-after all Mad Gater is obliged to live with you in symbiosis...
            /I'm not sure what we have in the languages and culture department. I'm more concerned with math and computer stuff./
            and you are" more concerned with math and computer stuff"? Really?*gasps*I wouldn't guess... especially after your equations...
            (that was back to Mad Gater of course... )

Ship Nana
            /What does it mean that you will be studying at the Oriental Institute?/

Well, I won't be archaeologist.I love history but I'm more into languages, so I'll be learning languages of Middle East, mainly Arabian.Afterwards I'll be translator. I hope.

And HI !!! to all lurkers, especially those from Poland!
            To quote copy the word in and then highlight them and click on the little box that is the last one on the line with the B I and U. It is square and has squiggles inside that look like writing. You can also type
            at the beginning of a quote and be sure and put
            at the end and that will do it also. Uh oh since I typed in the way to type in a quote it came out as a quote so hit quote at the bottom of this post and see how I typed it out here.

And of course we are interested in you. That is why we are family. Are you planning to do the 3 year or 5 year program. I admire anyone who can learn languages. My son has a knack for that but he sure didn't get it from me.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              I thought I might have picked that up in the "gutter", but I didn't know who to give credit. Now I do. I hope it is ok to use it, Mala. It's such a wonderful pic!
              I do this stuff for my enjoyment and hopefully others enjoy it too! So of course it's OK. Tame and others here and gals from the Thunkers thread know that I don't mind sharing. If you hadn't asked who's pic it was, I probably wouldn't have said anything! I see my pix all over the place - it's a compliment as far as I'm concerned.

I'm planning some additions to Shipper Town, but construction is going to be delayed. I won't be back on-line until Saturday night.

I'll be thinking of you guys during "Lockdown".
              Bye for now.
              I thought at first that you meant that you'd be thinking of us during "Lockdown" because we're all inmates! Guess you meant because we'll all be watching....
              sigpic

Comment

WOW you guys post way too much!!!!! well, not too much just too damn fast! I can't keep up even just trying to be a as a lurker i'm finding it very hard to keep up!!!

Does anyone know wether there are going to be any chance of a tiny weeny bit of Sam/Jack ship in Lockdown tonight??? I haven't read spoilers and don't really know what the ep is about but if someone could just say 'Yes there is a chance' then I would be very happy!! .....please say there is, please...I need ship!!!!

*runs to fetch one of ship nanas cookies*

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!
                *Repeats to self: is no threat to O'Neill!*

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                  WOW you guys post way too much!!!!! well, not too much just too damn fast! I can't keep up even just trying to be a as a lurker i'm finding it very hard to keep up!!!

Does anyone know wether there are going to be any chance of a tiny weeny bit of Sam/Jack ship in Lockdown tonight??? I haven't read spoilers and don't really know what the ep is about but if someone could just say 'Yes there is a chance' then I would be very happy!! .....please say there is, please...I need ship!!!!

*runs to fetch one of ship nanas cookies*

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!
                  *Repeats to self: is no threat to O'Neill!*
                  Well, I always hope for some ship...and usually I can find some. I look really hard sometimes. Just remember, there is always the possibility. And if there is some ship tonight, we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
                  Tasha
                  JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverHawk
                    Thank you, all.

I am, "unfortunately," not a "shipper" (in this context).
                    I personally would not like to see a relationship develope between Jack and Sam, for a few reasons.
                    1) He's a Brigadier General in the U.S. Air Force.
                    2) She's a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Air Force.
                    (I'm a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force)

In the military, we have a term to describe a situation like that. It's called an "Unprofessional Relationship."

Besides, it's fun seeing their frustration at times.

Justin
                    §

Hi, Justin. Most shippers don't want--on the show--for Sam and Jack to enter into an overt relationship at this time; we don't want them violating their integrity as officers. However, we want the canonical feelings between them to continue and to simmer--and, at the end, we'd like to see them together. "Finishippers", so to speak.

J.
                    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Just wanted to come over and say hi, and that I've been a lurker for awhile! Love Sam and Jack and hopefully tonight there will be atleast one shippy moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilios
                        Just wanted to come over and say hi, and that I've been a lurker for awhile! Love Sam and Jack and hopefully tonight there will be atleast one shippy moment!
                        Hi and welcome!!!!!

I love positive thoughts even when I am in the throes of negatives ones which of course is NOT right now....even though I am at work...ick

It so cool that so many people are coming out and posting so I am just darn glad to see you Ilios!!!!
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Lol thanks for the welcome and I'm glad that i'm contributing positive thoughts

Comment

Hi everyone, just thought I'd pop in and say hello before I go out for the evening.
                            WELCOME to all the new shippers who are de-lurking. Come and grab a few cookies and your beverage of choice, and join in all the fun!
                            Token....I love the town plan. I hope Mala comes up with a great map for us.
                            Tame....I adore you're new sig!!! *sigh*
                            Marimba...welcome back and I can't wait to see your pics with the actors.
                            Anyway, must dash, but I'll try to get back here later on tonight.
                            Bye.
                            sigpic

Comment

::reading Marimba's posts:: <THUNK!!!!!>

*LtLisa will be getting back to work as soon as she is conscious again

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                              ~Imzadi
                              describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                              Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                                Yay! More company in the gutter! I wonder what they're really are looking at (I know my first thought was the same as yours Sally ).

Right, really must go to bed!
                                See you guys tomorrow.....
                                so, now that I've totally destroyed my illusion of innocence...

seriously, everyones always shocked to find out that my mind can be in the gutter too...maybe cause I look younger than I am?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                                ~Imzadi
                                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X