X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoiler space Affinity

Originally posted by majorsal
    I felt Amanda nailed the 'yes' scene. It reminded me of someone asking you if you're happy, and while you're saying yes, you're shaking your head. Her words were yes, but her voice and quiet demeanor were saying not really. That's the impression that scene gave me. It's layered acting, and I felt Amanda nailed it spot on.

Sally
    Well I can't say there..only because I was walking away at that point so I will agree with you for that scene. I am sure it will be in re-run soon over the break and I will force my self (blech) to watch the end but I will believe you about AT she usually does get it right
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

spoilers. affinity. season eight

Just for you to know, the more I watch the Sam/Jack scene, the more I think they were talking about their relationship.

Sally

ps - And even if they weren't, just the fact that he let Sam know his priorities would be family was something good and important for Sam to know.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I am NOT going to watch Alias.. I am NOT going to watch Ailas ..I am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch AliasI am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch Alias...I am NOT going to watch Alias..I am NOT going to watch Alias
        Well, if you succomb to the pressure, go rent the first season and start at the beginning. I wouldn't recommend starting in the middle--that's why I didn't get into it until recently, I had to start at the beginning.
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna

SPOILER SPACE... HOPE IT IS ENOUGH..... (for Affinity)

Like everyone else, I immediatly believed Sam was referring to her relationship with Jack. But after watching it over and over again, and reviewing it in my mind even more times, I decided that maybe when she was referring to "if things were different" she was referring to if Charlie had not died. And the reason I believe this is because of the grimace she made on her face at the end. I don't think she would have done that if she were referring to her personal love for him, but would have if she were mentioning a sensitive subject, such as the loss of his son.
          You're reminding me of why I thought it was about Charlie in the first place - her grimmace. But, the way it was played/written was *so* ambiguous (sick of this word), and adding in the shippy music... it could go any way. And I say any because of the multitude of interpretations I've read. Also, she still could have grimaced if she felt she'd let something shippy slip out.

Let's say it is about Charlie. It still is shippyish because Jack was letting Sam know that he'd let go of his career to take care of the (their) kids. Sam was worried about leaving 'someone' behind and was it fair to them (she never mentioned Pete). She also said about daycare. In this discussion, Sam was worried how she'd be able to handle her career 'and' a family life. Jack basically told her not to worry, he'd be the one at home.

There's *so* many levels to this conversation that it's mindboggling. You can pick one interpretation and find many samples to support it. Argh, I want a flat-out scene without all the cryptic dialog and meanings.

Sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            Honey, you can blame anything you want on Pete! Personally, I'm looking for a way to connect him to the black plague!
            LOL!

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
              LOL. Easy there. I didn't mean that they wouldn't get together. I was thinking about Sam in her *current* state, not what would happen later. Get ready to cringe.
              Spoiler:
              Sam has had sex with Pete, but not with Jack. I think if she were asked which she'd want again: eight years of Jack but never being able to touch him or a lifelong marital relationship with Pete, that she would choose Jack. WHEN she realizes what her true choice would be, THEN she is going to choose Jack. And the spoilers for "Threads" suggest she might be choosing him even believing that he would be unavailable. But I think someone like Jacob is going to have to spell it out for her in these kind of terms before she will understand.

I'm hoping that after that things will roll on to a happy conclusion. Kisses. Consumation. The works.

I meant that I think that RCC is working toward that direction.

Sorry if I upset you. Stay calm. We will prevail.

I also think that shippers should be glad that RDA is not internet savvy and that JM is.

Bucky
              LOL! Sorry, I wasn't flying off the handle, I promise It's just a bit easy to freak out these days, I think. I'm still a little on edge from the whole thing, haven't made enough vids yet LOL. I'm glad that it's JM too but I'm not sure why you say that...please clarify

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                You wanted simple
                ROFL!! You are too funny!!

Comment

affinity spoilers, season eight

Originally posted by AmberLM
                  I take it that's the line that Amanda's quoted as saying "Oh my God, the fans are going to HATE me!!!!" for? And here I was thinking that it couldn't get any worse than "yes"!

Don't worry Amanda we don't hate you, it's the writer's fault!
                  Here's the exact dialog - thanks to good friend AQ and my anal work on the ep.

"You know, it's bad enough being on your own without every TV show and commercial and magazine add trying to tell you how abnormal it is. They make you afraid of being alone, but at the same time tell you not to settle for anything less than the perfect romantic ideal, like that actually exists anywhere in the real word ... either way you can't win."

Before I begin working through the dialog, I wanted to say that I thought the part that Amanda was afraid the fans would hate her about was her saying yes to PS. I could be wrong, but that's what I felt/thought.

K, as for the dialog, I feel this goes into Sam's apprehension about being proposed to. She was clearly happy that PS was going to move to Colorado Springs, but as soon as he upped the anti, her demeanor changed from then on. This mini rant of hers came *after* Pete proposed, and that says something. Pressure? Pushing too far and too fast? She might be feeling the pressure from PS, and also feeling the pressure from society itself. And from Sam herself. And with the dialog above, Sam's saying that she feels the 'perfect romantic ideal'... is not something she can have. *I think Jack's her perfect romantic ideal.* She was very irritable and pissed through this part. Doesn't sound like the normal kind of mindset for someone that's considering getting engaged.

Sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leanna
                    Hello from the void. Sorry I disappeared. Time. After Affinity, I have gone over those three lines in Sam's office over and over and over a million times in my mind and just had to come back and give my opinion. Seems Gatetrixer has said just what I finally came up with.
                    SPOILER SPACE... HOPE IT IS ENOUGH.....

Like everyone else, I immediatly believed Sam was referring to her relationship with Jack. But after watching it over and over again, and reviewing it in my mind even more times, I decided that maybe when she was referring to "if things were different" she was referring to if Charlie had not died. And the reason I believe this is because of the grimace she made on her face at the end. I don't think she would have done that if she were referring to her personal love for him, but would have if she were mentioning a sensitive subject, such as the loss of his son. (sorry if this has already been mentioned, it would be a physical impossibilty to catch up on all the hundreds of postings since Affinity aired) And the fact that Jack said that "he would not be there" would only have to mean, as the Gatetrixer has already stated, that if Charlie had not died, he would still have a family and would not have gone on the suicide mission to Abydos in the first place, thus not being involved in the Stargate program. And, thus... for all of us who believe he is so truly in love with Sam, he would never have met Sam.. which I believe this emotion WAS evident is his face (and in Sam's) during this conversation.
                    I still don't think that the writers or the characters therefore referred to Jack's former family life with Charlie and Sara. Why would Sam bring up Charlie when she is discussing whether or not she should marry Pete. This doesn't make sense. Not when she wants to know how he feels about her, the proposal ... their complicated feelings for each other. I think she wanted him to tell her that a) there is no future for them so that she has his consent to marry Pete or b) for him to confess his love (again) and for them to talk about their future. I'm leaning towards a). I think she feels guilty for betraying Jack (because she *is* in love with *him*) and she wants for him to say it's okay (that she is together with someone else). Jack on the other hand doesn't want to give his okay, but doesn't want to lift the decision (because it is hers) off of her shoulders. He wants her to come to him, which in the situation Sam has gotten herself into is totally understandable. However what I don't get is IMHO Sam did ask for his opinion and feelings when she asked 'what about you'. My interpretation is that she asked -of course in disguise (cause they are on base)- 'what about *us*'. The only possible conclusion I came to is that he doesn't think that there is any hope for them and says that also disguised by his 'I wouldn't be here then'. It could mean that although he still cares for her he can't do anything about it and that if she doesn't want to wait, he won't 'force' her to.

Estelle xxx
                    Last edited by estelle; 23 August 2004, 12:11 AM.
                    Abu: This is a woman?
                    O'Neill: Oh, yeah.

Carter: Err. Colonel?
                    O'Neill: It's my side arm, I swear.

Jack: I don't get it. I mean, how can she make kids without a... man friend?
                    Malek: The Queen is able to reproduce asexually.
                    Jack: Is that why you guys took hosts?

Jack: Oooo... did anyone else feel that?
                    Sam: The tingling sensation is a result of the EM field passing over your skin, but it's not causing any physical damage, so there's no need for concern sir.
                    Jack: No I *like* it.

Comment

A few posts ago -for me anyways- someone said that she and I had different scales of pain we were working from. *I'd said that Chimera hurt me waaaay more than Affinity* Anyhoo, I went and got something to eat, continuing to think about why I'm feeling so releaved after watching Afffinity. I think in a nutshell... Sam was happy in Chimera. In Affinity, she wasn't. I know it's simple, but I think that's basically it.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

NO, I don't hate Amanda at all! I don't know which line she was talking about but I sure would love to. I was talking about the fact that they blew off the valid concerns of fans about stalking--a very REAL issue for a lot of women. Who cares if they make Sam look like a doormat after all, she's only a woman! Gads, I'm not usually much of a feminist but this show has really made me realize how strongly I feel about such things! Funny, I actually feel kind of sorry for Amanda because she will now catch all the flak from angry fans while men like RCC will sit by and let her take the fall. And he says *we* have issues? The man has no clue.
                        God, I don't hate Amanda either! *love her, she's my hero* It's not her fault the way this storyline's went.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

But I really think they need to take the next step and start exploring a real relationship. Will the reality work? Now *that* would be interesting to see. Sam and Jack getting to know each other outside of work would be interesting because it would be totally new for both of them!
                          *whimpers* I'd LOVE to see them exploring a relationship!

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers. affinity. s8

Originally posted by michelleb

<snip>

and in that scene with affinity. they're having their usual dysfunctional conversation out loud, and....
                            LOL! Yep, you explained their convos quite perfectly.

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou
                              Or how about a tribute to the sixth sense....

Sam (whispered in a quivery voice): "I see potato heads!"

LOL!..... LOL!....

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elentarrii

Just to be safe ... Spoiler Space for S8's Affinity

The issue I have isn't nessecarily that they are giving Sam a love life (w/ Jack would be much preferred, but its good to see a different side of the charactor, just no Pete please). My issue is with how they are doing it. They are forcing both the charactors into a corner where they have no choice but to confront their relationship head on. What I'm worried about is can the writers handle this (if anyone has any ideas let me know, cause they've done a "great" job so far)?

<snip>

The good news is that if this is true the writers HAVE to get Jack and Sam together in the end or destroy the charactors.
                                I like the way you put that - that they're making it that they have to confront Sam and Jack's relay head on. Even with the Sam/PS relay, it's upped the Sam/Jack relay too. Good!

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X