This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    Good evening (no, its past evening), good night (no, sounds like good bye), how about.....
    Howdy campers.

You sure have been busy. Wanted to say think you to all the picture posters. They are like the chocolate chips in the shipper cookies. They have made me want to go watch a nice shippy late night episode of Stargate. But which one?
    Yep, we've constructed an entire TOWN today *phew, kiwigater wipes sweat from forehead*. Luckily there were plenty of willing (and inspired!) hands, and lots of shipper cookies!

errr, as for which ep..... well, check out the Ship Day nominations - just to make sure you make the right vote (did they make it from Thread X??)

BTW, where is Ship Sistah this evening??? RL no doubt. Speaking of which, I'll actually have to TAPE tomorrow's ep , as I have a dinner to go to .

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
      <snip>
      'Night Marimba! Sweet dreams.....
      G'Nite, Marimba! Jack dreams...

Fruitless attempt to get thread back on topic:
      So, anyone think there's even a tiny bit of ship coming up tomorrow night?? I haven't even seen Sam in the commercials yet.. (is this a spoiler? - I can't imagine so...)
      I'm not expecting any so I will be surprised when there is. Of course, if it's there I WILL find it. See, still positive!

Token ~

Comment

Passing out??? Nah.... gibbering idiot??? ABSOLUTLEY!
        I'm hoping the "cute" New Zealand accent will make people be nice to me I've been in the US long enough now that people can generally understand me on the first try (I spent the first year or so having everyone I met going "HUH??").
        Maybe I should leave my credit cards at home...... I forsee enthusiasm getting the best of me
        Hey!! Maybe "the guys", i.e., MS, RDA, and CJ will find your accent sexy!!!!

Comment

Yep, we've constructed an entire TOWN today *phew, kiwigater wipes sweat from forehead*. Luckily there were plenty of willing (and inspired!) hands, and lots of shipper cookies!

errr, as for which ep..... well, check out the Ship Day nominations - just to make sure you make the right vote (did they make it from Thread X??)

BTW, where is Ship Sistah this evening??? RL no doubt. Speaking of which, I'll actually have to TAPE tomorrow's ep , as I have a dinner to go to .
          Oh! Going out to dinner? Ya got a hot date with RDA??

just teasin' ya kiwigater!!

Comment

I'm trying to decide between Window of Opportunity and Beneath the Surface.

btw, is there any significance to the date of Shpper Day?
            sigpic
            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Glad you all made over to Thread 11 with No mishaps
              Definitely going to sneak over into TOKEN's room and get me some of that inflatable Jack.. (make note to self to talk to Mal aabout getting my own )
              TAME!! (why am I shouting? ) hmmm, it seems a lot of people want a piece of Jack or Jack's piece or.... (oops wrong thread)... some gutter girls can't help themselves...

You know, Tame, because I love you and you *BEG* so well (really folks, she's unbelievable!)

I made you your own special Tame Edition:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                Hey!! Maybe "the guys", i.e., MS, RDA, and CJ will find your accent sexy!!!!
                ROFLMAO!!
                Only if I blindfold them first! (the idea has...... merit....). They get to look at AT every day, I'm just a mere mortal!

The accent does tend to make an easy conversation starter tho (if I hear "where are you from" followed by "I hear that's lovely" less than 3 times a day, its only cos I haven't gone out in public, or talked to anyone I didn't already know that day ). Don't get me wrong, I love talking about my country, but I certainly know how the cast feels getting asked the same question a billion times! Sometimes I just want to say something REALLY snarky, but refrain cos then people will have this horrible impression of my country

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  Oh! Going out to dinner? Ya got a hot date with RDA??

just teasin' ya kiwigater!!
                  I WISH! Could be problematic tho, I'd have to keep Token, Tame and Mala from drooling all over the table (or licking his ankles under the table..) And that's not assuming Rural found out...

Nah, just dinner with my best friend, her husband, their 2 kids, a couple of other people, and their newborn (I'm beginning to feel a lot like Bridget Jones... Now can I have Colin Firth????!!).

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                    As my dear departed pappy used to say, "you are only as old as you act!"
                    oh. so that makes me about 12????

cool!
                    sigpic

Comment

*from shipper thread X*

Hi Folks,

I am a long, long time lurker. This is my first post anywhere. It is pretty scary for me to be doing this, but seeing that I can offer some information which may ease some of my fellow shippers' minds, I thought I'd take the plunge. I am not terribly computer literate and am not sure if I am doing this correctly. So if I screw it up, please forgive me.

I am a big fan of Sam, and I love Amanda. Anyway, I just came back from Gatecon. I did not record the events and so am relying on my memory (which is not always the most reliable thing to do!!!)
                      Regarding Amanda's answer to the question if they had one whole episode for themselves, what would they like to do, I'd like to first mention that the audience seemed to be pretty evenly split between shippers and non-shippers. Not wanting to appear to be taking sides, I BELIEVE Amanda used the word 'appease' (not 'encourage') in her reply.
                      She basically said, "Not to appease the shippers, but I'd like to spend a whole episode fishing". (I keep trying to put in smiley faces but keep getting a colon with letters instead).
                      Again, these are not necessarily her exact words, but the basic gist of what she said. It was a nice shippy statement, and she prefaced it the way she did so as to not offend the non-shippers. (If 'appease' is the wrong word, I apologize. Hopefully Marimba can confirm it. It was definitely not at all offensive to shippers though).

During the photo session, I told Amanda that I hoped she was not annoyed with shippers because of the Pete situation and that while we might not agree or like everything that was going on, that many of us still loved her.
                      She then replied that she was not annoyed at all. In fact, she enjoys hearing the different viewpoints from fans because it means that they feel passionate about the show. I then brought up the fact that she had used the word "tough" in the interview. She basically said that things often get taken out of context and that she would never have said anything that would be mean to the fans. She then actually asked me to let the fans know this. I said I would do so if I ever delurked. So here I am! AMANDA IS NOT ANNOYED WITH US SHIPPERS AND SHE DOES CARE ABOUT OUR FEELINGS!

So, Fellow Shippers, take heart!

Besides this, there were no shippy spoilers revealed to my recollection. In fact Amanda said she does not know how it will end.

Well that's my mini con report. Don't know if I'll be doing any more posting, but I do enjoy reading what you good folks write. I laugh, cry, cringe and hope together with all of you.

Long Live Sam & Jack!
                      All the best
                      Toni
                      Toni, besides WELCOME, THANK YOU.... I can't tell you what a relief it is to know that Amanda isn't sick of us..... she's a bit of a hero for me, so to think that we'd upset her, or that she was just plain tired of us.... you've relieved me *tremendously* and I want to thank you for that. Just having the nerve to mention these things to her.... thank you, Toni, just thank you.

(((((((((((((((((Toni)))))))))))))))))))

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

For my 700th post, I'm constructing a Shipper Hospital.
                        • Located at the end of Main Street is the Shipper Community Hospital. All the doctors and nurses are experts at treating broken and lonely hearts, cupid arrow injuries, and the occasional thunking mishap. A few cases of cookie and beverage overindulgences have been reported. Nonetheless, the highly-trained staff is ready for any emergency with a state-of-the-art Automatic External Defibrillator and Ship Nana's Pale Green Shipper Cookies.

Token ~

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say.....

WELCOME Scottishshipper Mary and Presley Carter!

.... those dancing babies SCARE me!

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I WISH! Could be problematic tho, I'd have to keep Token, Tame and Mala from drooling all over the table (or licking his ankles under the table..) And that's not assuming Rural found out...

Nah, just dinner with my best friend, her husband, their 2 kids, a couple of other people, and their newborn (I'm beginning to feel a lot like Bridget Jones... Now can I have Colin Firth????!!).
                            Ankles???!!! PG Forum. PG Forum. PG Forum.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              Toni, besides WELCOME, THANK YOU.... I can't tell you what a relief it is to know that Amanda isn't sick of us..... she's a bit of a hero for me, so to think that we'd upset her, or that she was just plain tired of us.... you've relieved me *tremendously* and I want to thank you for that. Just having the nerve to mention these things to her.... thank you, Toni, just thank you.

(((((((((((((((((Toni)))))))))))))))))))

Sally
                              Aunt Sally!! You're here!! We were beginning to think you got lost in the move!! How do ya like the new shipper town?

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                I have a job for our resident Ship Artist. Yes, that would be you, Mala! I think we need a map of our Shipper Town. Let's see...............
                                Uh, Moi? TV Guides, Potatoheads, Jack dolls, screencaps...but maps?? I don't know about that... ok, if I have some time, I'm willing to try...

what a list! you don't ask for much, do you??
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X