This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    Does it make you feel any better to know that I was born in 1978?
    Personally, ya'll are making me feel quite old!

Comment

If there is going to be a season 9, I really hope that RDA decides to stick around, at least a little bit. I think the show probably could go on without him, but it's more enjoyable when he pops up every once in a while. Granted, I would LOVE to see him a lot more than that, but at least he's got his priorities straight. (Family first!)
      RDA forever.
      -Amanda
      Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
      CkiCki

Comment

<snip>

No actually that doesnt, but thanks for trying I agree I think this will be its last season (even though I want it to go on forever I dont think the actors would live that long haha) I too think it should be left open for a movie or even a TV movie, but not so open that the S/J ship doesnt get some happy ending!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
        MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
          I'm beginning to feel ANCIENT!!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I think it seems a safe bet to say that there won't be anything shippy until the second half of the season if at all. I figure that if I don't expect it I won't be disapointed. Personally I'm waiting for concrete confirmation if this season of Stargate will be the last. If RDA is convinced to do a season 9 then who knows what the heck will happen.

Okay, I'm feeling a tad old. I got married in 1977. (Of course, I was a mere child at the time.)

I agree that there will not be anything shippy in the first half of the season. I do hope we see lots of *team* with banter, fun and lots of action.

As much as I *LOVE* Stargate, I hope this will be the last season. RDA has aged a lot in the past few seasons (the man is a HUNK at any age and looks like my hubby so don't get the idea I think he is anything but delicious.) but he looks like it isn't fun to move around anymore. Since I'm much closer to RDA's age than all you whippersnappers, I know what my knees and back feel like! (Note to the very young---start doing yoga NOW. Exercise, stay flexible and eat right....you too will someday be old! Do I sound like your mother yet? I know that the very young do not always do as they are told. )

I want Sam and Jack together this year...not in a movie, not in another season. Now.

Sigh. I'm taking patience lessons. Can you tell if they are working?

Happy
            Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

I think it seems a safe bet to say that there won't be anything shippy until the second half of the season if at all. I figure that if I don't expect it I won't be disapointed. Personally I'm waiting for concrete confirmation if this season of Stargate will be the last. If RDA is convinced to do a season 9 then who knows what the heck will happen.
              I was born in 1987 lol

I don't think there'll be anything particularly shippy till the second half of the season either. It seems to be the trend in recent years...
              But we can have hope!!

Well I cant seem to post pictures...
              But i thought this one was cute

Sitting rather close huh?

RDA: "I dunno that much about Pete to be honest with you. Apprently he's no threat to O'Neill!"

SAM AND JACK FOREVER

My Sam & Jack Fan Fics

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                LOL!
                It's nice to have company in the gutter.....
                I'll have to start visiting the thunk thread when I have more time (read: when my internships's done...)...and maybe get that MS thunk thread really going...

happy to join the gutter gals

//I swear it's only his...sidearm. Yeah, that's it. His sidearm//

<g>

OT: I thought T'Pol was Vulcan?!? ummm...thats gotta be a tough ship to watch...Vulcans never express emotion...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by CkiCki
                  If there is going to be a season 9, I really hope that RDA decides to stick around, at least a little bit. I think the show probably could go on without him, but it's more enjoyable when he pops up every once in a while. Granted, I would LOVE to see him a lot more than that, but at least he's got his priorities straight. (Family first!)
                  RDA forever.
                  -Amanda
                  I agree about his priorities.

My personal philosophy is to never sacrafice my husband, marriage or children on the altar of my career. I gave up a profitable and fun career to be an at home mom. So I really understand and applaud RDA's decision. Makes me KNOW I would like him as a person (not just as Jack or Macgyver.)

Happy
                  Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    Don't feel bad, Kri! We aren't all young pups in here! My doc is convinced it's not menopause but everyone else around me is!

As my dear departed pappy used to say, "you are only as old as you act!"

Comment

Originally posted by Muldy_SG1
                      I was born in 1987 lol

I don't think there'll be anything particularly shippy till the second half of the season either. It seems to be the trend in recent years...
                      But we can have hope!!

Well I cant seem to post pictures...
                      But i thought this one was cute

Sitting rather close huh?
                      love that pic...what episode is it from?

I'm only 21 (almost 22!)...and I still think RDA is sexy and thunkworthy...and he's my dad's age (actually a couple years older...). Guess its true what they say about older men...

CkiCki: If theres a SG1 S9 without RDA and maybe only guest appearances by him...he better show up in Sam's bed...and we know he won't go off in a huff like certain people who will go unnamed

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                      ~Imzadi
                      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Muldy_SG1
                        I was born in 1987 lol

<snip>
                        Hehe now I dont feel so young! Thank you Muldy!
                        Thanks for the pic they are sitting quite close!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

Comment

I have a job for our resident Ship Artist. Yes, that would be you, Mala! I think we need a map of our Shipper Town. Let's see...
                          • We have the Bakery where Ship Nana does her magic.
                          • The Movie House where Caty and Marimba show their videos 24/7.
                          • The Shipper Park also known as the "Happy Place".
                          • The Shipper Commune Rehab where shippers go to get their mojo back. Of course, Tame is permanently scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the "Jack" room.
                          • Who could forget the "Blind Faith" rollercoaster and "Here We Go Again" ferris wheel at the Amusement Park.
                          • The Shipper Bar where mad_gater brews and serves his concoctions.
                          • The Shipper Harbour where the Shipper Ship resides.
                          • The Conservatory which ecourages Shippers to embrace their creativity. Home to fanfic authors, poets, song writers, graphic artists.
                          • The City Hall where Ship Nana holds the title of "Mayor of Shipper Town", and where Sam and Jack will eventually apply for their marriage license.
                          • The Shipper Radio Station "69.9 SJLUV" where Kri and Token play all the Sam and Jack favorites like "I'll Wait for You Forever" and "When's This War Gonna End".
                          • Ship Sistah runs the local smiley and gift shop. I hear the T-shirt and mugs are a popular item.
                          • The Shipper Dump where all the bad spoilers, interviews and PTB fertilizer end up making quite a good compost.
                          • The Shipper Zoo. LtLisa takes care of the animals especially the most favorite exhibit the Monkeys.
                          What other places in Shipper Town did I forget to mention?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            I have a job for our resident Ship Artist. Yes, that would be you, Mala! I think we need a map of our Shipper Town. Let's see...
                            • We have the Bakery where Ship Nana does her magic.
                            • The Movie House where Caty and Marimba show their videos 24/7.
                            • The Shipper Park also known as the "Happy Place".
                            • The Shipper Commune Rehab where shippers go to get their mojo back. Of course, Tame is permanently scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the "Jack" room.
                            • Who could forget the "Blind Faith" rollercoaster and "Here We Go Again" ferris wheel at the Amusement Park.
                            • The Shipper Bar where mad_gater brews and serves his concoctions.
                            • The Shipper Harbour where the Shipper Ship resides.
                            • The Conservatory which ecourages Shippers to embrace their creativity. Home to fanfic authors, poets, song writers, graphic artists.
                            • The City Hall where Ship Nana holds the title of "Mayor of Shipper Town", and where Sam and Jack will eventually apply for their marriage license.
                            • The Shipper Radio Station "69.9 SJLUV" where Kri and Token play all the Sam and Jack favorites like "I'll Wait for You Forever" and "When's This War Gonna End".
                            • Ship Sistah runs the local smiley and gift shop. I hear the T-shirt and mugs are a popular item.
                            • The Shipper Dump where all the bad spoilers, interviews and PTB fertilizer end up making quite a good compost.
                            • The Shipper Zoo. LtLisa takes care of the animals especially the most favorite exhibit the Monkeys.
                            What other places in Shipper Town did I forget to mention?
                            Wonderful, Token!! If only someone would make a map! Talk about T-shirt material!!! This would be perfect!

Comment

Token....ROFLMAO!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                                I'll have to start visiting the thunk thread when I have more time (read: when my internships's done...)...and maybe get that MS thunk thread really going...

happy to join the gutter gals

//I swear it's only his...sidearm. Yeah, that's it. His sidearm//

<g>

<snip>
                                Ya someone does need to get the MS thread going, it pops up every once in awhile but then disappears again. MS is thunk worthy too!! I havent OFFICIALLY joined RDA's Thunk Thread but I do lurk (for the pictures of course!!).

*DROOL*

Comment

Working...
                                X