X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kri
    Hello people!

Can I join the group? Kinda new to posting about SG-1, but have loved the pics and discussion I have seen so far
    Kri! What brought you to this lovely shipper family?

ship sistah

edited to say: the Texans are taking over!

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      HELLO AND TEC'MA'TE NEWEST FAN!!!!!!
      I just had a flash of some woman at the convention who said hello to Tony Amendola by saying Tec'ma'te. Cracked me up! Then there was this woman who asked each actor a question, by saying "Comtrya!" We all wanted to die of embarrassment for her.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        Kri! What brought you to this lovely shipper family?

ship sistah
        I think that the convention has prompted me to want to talk to more shippers. The fans were pretty well split in half ... either wanting Jack and Sam together, or not wanting them together. And those who didn't want them together insisted on rooting for Pete and Sam. Ticked me off a bit, but I had a blast there nonetheless.

Comment

how often do they have conventions for Stargate?

Comment

Originally posted by Token
            Don't forget about a Presidential pardon!
            Yeah. Good ol' Prez!!

Kinsey: You can't seriously be considering this!!!!
            Prez: They deserve something for saving the world on a daily basis!!!!!!
            Kinsey: But-------!!
            Prez: Oh stuff it up your a$$ sideways Kinsey!!!! And I'd like your resignation early tomorrow morning!!!!
            Kinsey: You haven't heard the last of me!!!!
            Prez: Bye! *Kinsey leaves in a huff and slams oval office door*
            Prez: And good riddance!

Comment

Well, for those of you who remember me from several shipper threads ago, I thought it was about time I explained my prolonged absence. Assuming anyone does remember me that is lol.

At first, I got bogged down writing 30,000 words worth of reports in two weeks...I had to abandon this thread and the forum generally for a while because it was taking too long to keep up with everything. By this time, I was WELL and truly behind.

Then, my computer went haywire. I didn't have reliable access and things got worse and worse until it completely died on me two weeks ago. This prompted me to buy an awesome new computer (credit card ), which I then had to set up, but now I'm back in action.

One of the first things I did was start visiting the forum regularly. I mainly lurked, trying to get caught up on everything. I lurked on the latest shipper threads a couple of times but unfortunately, every time I dipped my toe in the water, I got spoiled.

I have been trying REALLY hard to avoid spoilers, so for me, that was more than a little frustrating.

While the shipper thread isn't the only place it has happened to me, very many of my spoiler accidents have occured here. So unfortunately, I've decided I just can't risk posting and visiting here regularly anymore. At least not until the season is over.

I don't expect people not to talk about spoilers...far from it. I don't take issue with spoilers unless there is no adequate spoiler space or the season/ep isn't indicated.

But just so you know, I haven't stopped enjoying the sam/jack dynamic. Far from it. In fact, now that I'm spending less time here, I have started my first couple of fanfics.

I just thought I'd come and explain, in case any of you thought I'd become anti-ship or something. I'll certainly be checking back in after the spoiler-danger has passed.

And yes, I am as annoyed as everyone else about certain recent spoilers. Though not as annoyed as I am at being spoiled in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                I just had a flash of some woman at the convention who said hello to Tony Amendola by saying Tec'ma'te. Cracked me up! Then there was this woman who asked each actor a question, by saying "Comtrya!" We all wanted to die of embarrassment for her.
                Actually the tec'ma'te was from Keldor!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewestFan
                  Hello everyone!

As my nickname suggests, I am the Newest Fan. My husband introduced me to Stargate a few months ago and I am HOOKED!!!

I have seen and/or read lots of episodes and I love it how the relationship between Jack and Sam has grown and shaped. I think one of my most favorite episodes has been Beneath the Surface. Kinda cool to know that Jack remembers feelings ...

Anyway, just wanted to say HELLO to everyone!
                  Your husband is a wise man! Is he a shipper? Yes, BtS just oozes ship!

TheNewestFan!!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                    Hello people!

Can I join the group? Kinda new to posting about SG-1, but have loved the pics and discussion I have seen so far
                    Sure...You don't have to ask just jump on in and start talking
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i figure if people ask if she's going to be directing enough, they'll get the idea and let her.
                      i seem to recall her saying that part of the reason she wasn't likely to direct for SG-1 was because they had fewer episodes this season. and yet they can find so much time for pete. not enough episodes for amanda to direct, for s/j ship, for anything ya like, but plenty of room for random non stargate related man to have some random soap opera time. GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                        Well, for those of you who remember me from several shipper threads ago, I thought it was about time I explained my prolonged absence. Assuming anyone does remember me that is lol.

At first, I got bogged down writing 30,000 words worth of reports in two weeks...I had to abandon this thread and the forum generally for a while because it was taking too long to keep up with everything. By this time, I was WELL and truly behind.

Then, my computer went haywire. I didn't have reliable access and things got worse and worse until it completely died on me two weeks ago. This prompted me to buy an awesome new computer (credit card ), which I then had to set up, but now I'm back in action.

One of the first things I did was start visiting the forum regularly. I mainly lurked, trying to get caught up on everything. I lurked on the latest shipper threads a couple of times but unfortunately, every time I dipped my toe in the water, I got spoiled.

I have been trying REALLY hard to avoid spoilers, so for me, that was more than a little frustrating.

While the shipper thread isn't the only place it has happened to me, very many of my spoiler accidents have occured here. So unfortunately, I've decided I just can't risk posting and visiting here regularly anymore. At least not until the season is over.

I don't expect people not to talk about spoilers...far from it. I don't take issue with spoilers unless there is no adequate spoiler space or the season/ep isn't indicated.

But just so you know, I haven't stopped enjoying the sam/jack dynamic. Far from it. In fact, now that I'm spending less time here, I have started my first couple of fanfics.

I just thought I'd come and explain, in case any of you thought I'd become anti-ship or something. I'll certainly be checking back in after the spoiler-danger has passed.

And yes, I am as annoyed as everyone else about certain recent spoilers. Though not as annoyed as I am at being spoiled in the first place...
                        Hey everybody! It's...uh....uhm.....Who are you again?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                          i figure if people ask if she's going to be directing enough, they'll get the idea and let her.
                          i seem to recall her saying that part of the reason she wasn't likely to direct for SG-1 was because they had fewer episodes this season. and yet they can find so much time for pete. not enough episodes for amanda to direct, for s/j ship, for anything ya like, but plenty of room for random non stargate related man to have some random soap opera time. GREAT!
                          Those gray snary cookies are great, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            That's too bad about Amanda not directing. In her "Beyond the Gate" segment, she said directing is where she would like her career to lead.
                            What's "Beyond the Gate?"

Great. More "eventually I will get around to Jack but in the mean time Sam's gonna be with Pete". Ok, if anyone else is going to a con, please ask Amanda how much preparation does Sam have to do to understand Pete is not the one, and could she do that preparation "off camera". Maybe she could write in a journal, and we could just hear her thoughts without seeing .
                            LOL!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              Y'all are depressing me! I kept away from spoilers and came home from the con with happy feelings about season 8. Can we talk more ship now please?

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                                Let me try one.... if I can shrink it!!

come on Jack....right here!
                                pretty!

ship sistah

Comment

Working...
                                X