This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNewestFan
    how often do they have conventions for Stargate?
    they seem to be doing a bunch this summer. They're calling it a 'tour' at the Creation website. grumble, grumble They didn't charge for autographs back when I was going to Trek cons-- gosh it's so expensive.

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      *blinks away stars*

Hey! What was that for?! I was just kiddin' of course I remember SaharaGate!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SaharaGate))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
      I am just feeling *Slap Happy*...tee hee...and you were available I know sad but true...

Have you ever noticed how many times Sam has *That* kind of look on her face...like I just want to Slap One of you... when she is trying to explain something to the guys
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
        they seem to be doing a bunch this summer. They're calling it a 'tour' at the Creation website. grumble, grumble They didn't charge for autographs back when I was going to Trek cons-- gosh it's so expensive.
        I couldn't agree with you more about the cost of these darn things. I used to help out with a soap opera actor and actress with their seperate fan clubs. We attended many many events, helping set up, etc. The access the fans had to them was incredible, at a very minimal cost. The sci fi stuff is a bit ridiculous, but I am glad I went anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
          Thanks! And yes to whoever said season 4 ROCKS!

Am I allowed to share a non-ship related behind the scenes story?
          i think you have to now.

(and tame shame on you. i'm the cookie monster! saharagates the... ship australian?)
          and saharagate, i was wondering where you got too. i saw you around in some other thread and started to think you'd abandoned us!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
            I am just feeling *Slap Happy*...tee hee...and you were available I know sad but true...

Have you ever noticed how many times Sam has *That* kind of look on her face...like I just want to Slap One of you... when she is trying to explain something to the guys
            I understand! I think we're all a little "slap happy" from bein' on this danged roller coaster for too long!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              i secretly love them
              seriously though, i wouldn't mind nearly as much if they didn't dedicate entire episodes and big segments of episodes to it.

i do understand that i'm sounding like a broken record though. but i'm a tad frustrated about they whole thing. ggrrr.

who thought prodigy was a bit shippy?
              You know I'm just messing with you! I totally agree with you about the non-Stargate plotlines. Keep preaching and maybe a TPTB will hear you. Anything's possible in SciFi!

I did see "Prodigy" yesterday, and I love the way Jack meets Sam at the Gate. Awww! So sweet!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                Well, for those of you who remember me from several shipper threads ago, I thought it was about time I explained my prolonged absence. Assuming anyone does remember me that is lol.

At first, I got bogged down writing 30,000 words worth of reports in two weeks...I had to abandon this thread and the forum generally for a while because it was taking too long to keep up with everything. By this time, I was WELL and truly behind.

Then, my computer went haywire. I didn't have reliable access and things got worse and worse until it completely died on me two weeks ago. This prompted me to buy an awesome new computer (credit card ), which I then had to set up, but now I'm back in action.

One of the first things I did was start visiting the forum regularly. I mainly lurked, trying to get caught up on everything. I lurked on the latest shipper threads a couple of times but unfortunately, every time I dipped my toe in the water, I got spoiled.

I have been trying REALLY hard to avoid spoilers, so for me, that was more than a little frustrating.

While the shipper thread isn't the only place it has happened to me, very many of my spoiler accidents have occured here. So unfortunately, I've decided I just can't risk posting and visiting here regularly anymore. At least not until the season is over.

I don't expect people not to talk about spoilers...far from it. I don't take issue with spoilers unless there is no adequate spoiler space or the season/ep isn't indicated.

But just so you know, I haven't stopped enjoying the sam/jack dynamic. Far from it. In fact, now that I'm spending less time here, I have started my first couple of fanfics.

I just thought I'd come and explain, in case any of you thought I'd become anti-ship or something. I'll certainly be checking back in after the spoiler-danger has passed.

And yes, I am as annoyed as everyone else about certain recent spoilers. Though not as annoyed as I am at being spoiled in the first place...
                hey, SaharaGate! Good luck with the fics! Sorry you can't stay and play, but I understand not wanting to be spoiled. until later...

ship sistah

p.s. love your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  oooooo, YES!
                  Okay, this was something gross, yet funny, that I learned at the convention. Chris Judge talked quite a bit about the flatulence on the set. Apparently if anyone has attended any sort of convention with these guys, the topic of flatulence comes up. Anyway, CJ said that it was a well known fact that behind the scenes of SG-1 is full of flatulence, but that we didn't know that it actually started on the set of MacGyver.

CJ was in an episode of MacGyver, playing a high school football player. In the opening scene, CJ and RDA apparently were trying to crack each other up, so they started farting to see who would laugh first. If you watch this scene, you can see that CJ is on the verge of laughing.

SPOILER FOR NEW ORDER PT 2

In one of the final scenes of New Order pt 2, the blast doors open to the gate room and Jack comes walking through. Right before this happened, the entire cast turned their heads toward the blast door BEFORE it opened. Jack walks in and looks directly at CJ, then keeps walking to the podium. Apparently there was a rather loud fart on set, and RDA made a point of seeking out the culpret.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    You know I'm just messing with you! I totally agree with you about the non-Stargate plotlines. Keep preaching and maybe a TPTB will hear you. Anything's possible in SciFi!

I did see "Prodigy" yesterday, and I love the way Jack meets Sam at the Gate. Awww! So sweet!
                    yes to paraphrase murray walker, anything can happen in sci fi, and it usually does

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                      Y'all are depressing me! I kept away from spoilers and came home from the con with happy feelings about season 8. Can we talk more ship now please?
                      sorry sweets, we just came out of a very bad week and not all of us have recovered yet. You should have seen our last thread-- whew! serious heck.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                        Okay, this was something gross, yet funny, that I learned at the convention. Chris Judge talked quite a bit about the flatulence on the set. Apparently if anyone has attended any sort of convention with these guys, the topic of flatulence comes up. Anyway, CJ said that it was a well known fact that behind the scenes of SG-1 is full of flatulence, but that we didn't know that it actually started on the set of MacGyver.

CJ was in an episode of MacGyver, playing a high school football player. In the opening scene, CJ and RDA apparently were trying to crack each other up, so they started farting to see who would laugh first. If you watch this scene, you can see that CJ is on the verge of laughing.

SPOILER FOR NEW ORDER PT 2

In one of the final scenes of New Order pt 2, the blast doors open to the gate room and Jack comes walking through. Right before this happened, the entire cast turned their heads toward the blast door BEFORE it opened. Jack walks in and looks directly at CJ, then keeps walking to the podium. Apparently there was a rather loud fart on set, and RDA made a point of seeking out the culpret.
                        Another candidate for an anti-Goa'uld weapon, eh??

Jaffa: My lord!! What's happening?!
                        Goa'uld lord: It's Jack and Teal'c with their poisonous flatulent gases!! Retreat

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          <snip>
                          Sooooooooo SHipper Family a friendly reminder that there are LOTS out there that don't want to be spoiled BUT STILL want to be part of the thread and express opinions so DON'T FORGET SPOILER SPACE!!!!!
                          Here is one you can grab any time just copy and paste or just make your own by clicking a smilie and hitting enter and smilie, enter, etc

SPOILER SPACE

besides it is really cute too
                          All Shippers repeat after me. "I <insert your name> do here by promise to put appropriate Spoiler Space on all my posts concerning Season 7 and Season 8 no matter how excited or irritated I may become on any given subject." Great! That wasn't so bad was it?

BTW...There is a limit on the number of smilies you can use in a post so if you use them up in your Spoiler Space you will have none in your response. (Just in case nobody knew about the limit.)

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                            Okay, this was something gross, yet funny, that I learned at the convention. <snip>
                            Where ARE my manners???! I was so excited to hear con stuff I forgot to welcome Kri and TheNewestFan

Always glad to have new family members

Comment

Hey, Token, which episode is your signature picture taken from?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewestFan

We didn't have Sci-Fi before...
                                How did you live? If Sci-Fi's not on in the house EVERY night and we don't hear Jack's voice over the TV....we'll you must not be in the our house...

Welcome to the Ship family! I've been a long time lurker, but a new poster...and well all I have to say is that it's a wonder full ship family....but as many ship cookies and wine I consume....I still haven't kept pace with the many ship posters!

How do you do it ship family! I need to get in shape, train to speed read....and get up my ship game!!!

S'Claire

Comment

Working...
                                X