Solitudes
    Point of View
    Heroes Part 2
    In the Line of Duty
    Entity
    Divide and Conquer
    Window of Opportunity
    Beneath the Surface

I'm surprised that nobody found the Lost City shippy. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that. There's a lot to choose from. How' bout we give this until Monday and then I'll count up the votes?

Oh, I did think Lost City was very shippy! Please add it to the list.

Thanks!

Happy

We aren't making this any easier are we?
    Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      Since it's been asked...

1) is true, but I happen to think that S/P has chemistry and S/J hasn't. Which means that to me S/J feels like "She's female and pretty, hook her up with the Leading Male!" and is by extension demeaning, whereas S/P feels like "These two are good together, lets hook them up!" which is not demeaning as it's the sort of thing that can happen to well-written characters of either sex. I also think it is demeaning for Sam to be in a relationship with Jack for certain other reasons which I'd go into in any thread but this.
      <snip>
      Madeleine, interesting points. IMHO, I think TPTB would have tried to 'hook up' whatever female they would have cast in the Sam role w/Jack... sooner or later. And while I'm sure there might have been some sparkage or ship development w/some of the other actresses they could have chosen & RDA, I don't think the dynamics would have been quite the same as w/RDA & AT (IMHO).

With the any-other-actress/RDA 'hook up' I know I wouldn't have gotten interested in their 'relationship' & possibly not even the show. (The show is still very much about the 4 main characters & their {the actors who portray them} chemistry.) And watching the 'hook up' happen, I'd probably feel like you say you do...but... hey... everyone's different..., see things differently, & to different degrees.... (and the world is certainly better for it!) For me I was happy to see (even if it's but a figment of my shippy imagination! ) a friendship, a chemistry (& I've lurked other places... so I know not everybody thinks it's there) & a little mmmmhhhmmmmmm UST (even if it can't get acted on...) because thank goodness, it is TV..... if it were two people I knew in real life I think I would have smacked them both upside the head for dragging it (& me as their friend) on for so long now!!!!
      Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 15 July 2004, 05:35 PM. Reason: typo
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        ok, while i'm on a posting roll.
        i just saw spiderman 2 today, and a small part of the reason i went was to get my mind of my depressing tv let downs. (only a tiny part though, mostly i just really wanted to see it)
        but i swear all i could think toward the second half of it was, peter parker is jack, MJ is sam, and that dweeb she's going out with is pete.
        !!!!!IT'S TAKING OVER MY LIFE!!!!!!
        ROFLMAO!!!!

That's EXACTLY right!

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
          Oh, how I miss Janet (I hope that she's not totally forgotten by TPTB - I would like to see at least one mention of her this season!)

I know Janet is a shipper - she was the one who told Sam that Jack was risking his life so that she might be helped in D&C. Daniel tried to tell her some other cock-and-bull story, but Janet jumped right in and made it perfectly clear why Jack was doing it. <g>

Sounds like a shipper to me!
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
            Oh, they are very aware of what is being said on the internet. It is pretty apparent, if you watch the commentary portion of the episodes on the DVDs. I just started watching season 7 on my brand spanking new code free DVD player and they (cast and crew) make more comments about the fans reactions on the internet than they have ever done before. Sometimes they laugh about what is said, sometimes they seem to resent the things that are said; but, in all, I believe they are very appreciative of the fans support and feedback. After all, without us, Stargate might have disappeared a long time ago.
            <snip>
            I guess to clarify... I know they're aware of what floats through the 'Net. I'm just saying I think it's great (cool, awesome, insert your own adjective) that a real, live PTB actually did it, firsthand. Not hearing "hey so-n-so... guess what I saw last night at such-n-such BB or Forum"...... to hear it secondhand instead of seeing it themselves... just like we read interviews where even we can tell quotes were taken out of context & put in an order to promote the writer's viewpoint, our vents/rants/quotes can be mangled too by the time they make it back to TPTB's ears...
            I'm starting to ramble.... (& my visiting nephew is getting impatient at his auntie saying hold on another 15 minutes!) so I'll end the ramble now & go visit... but just wanted to clarify I know they 'hear' about things that are said on the Net. I'm just happy one of them actually takes the time out of a breakneck schedule to come see for themselves.....
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
              I agree that Entity should be in the poll!!!! Absolutly LOVED that episode!!!
              OOOHHH just got done watching that...TOTALLY a MUST for the ship poll
              Did you see Jack's face when he said "Leave Her" he wasn't speaking for anyone but himself when he said he wouldn't stop until they were dead! WOO HOO Jack is SO the man for Sam...
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I wonder if there is a way that we could try and get more of TPTB or cast to come and visit the forum or this thread in particular!

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

So here's what we've got thus far.

The Broca Divide
                  Paradise Lost
                  Evolution 1 & 2
                  100 Days
                  Small Victories
                  Nemesis
                  Grace
                  Out of Mind
                  Solitudes
                  Point of View
                  Heroes Part 2
                  In the Line of Duty
                  Entity
                  Divide and Conquer
                  Window of Opportunity
                  Beneath the Surface
                  Lost City
                  Metamorphosis
                  Singularity
                  Lost City 1 & 2

If people could start putting together their top 7 lists that would be helpful.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                    I wonder if there is a way that we could try and get more of TPTB or cast to come and visit the forum or this thread in particular!
                    Let's offer free pizza and beer. If I were a PTB I'd come if you offered that!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                      You know somethin'? I can actually think of some male characters who haven't fallen for Sam (surprising eh?):

There's Warrick (wonder how he and La'el are doing. some potential for shippage there I think! )

Major Paul Davis hasn't (that I know of anyway)

Kinsey hasn't (wouldn't want him too either! , must eat dark red shipper cookies before I start puking!)

Hammond hasn't (nice guy but waaaaay too old )

There's also Daniel and Teal'c

Can anybody think of any other male characters who haven't fallen for Sam?
                      I always thought that Major Davis may have had a thing for her. That or, he had one for Jack! LOL. Remember how he sorta freaked on Jacob when the two of them were going to drown in Descent? I thought his reaction was rather strong for a coworker they only saw a couple times a year.

There's also that guy from the dome city (forgive me, but it's a S7 episode but I'm drawing a blank on the title). His wife was one of those who "disappeared" and was killed by going outside the bubble.

I don't think Harry Maybourne has a thing for her either. But I don't want that to be an excuse to use him more. Can't *stand* the character, and wish we didn't have to see him as much as we already have. If we never see him again, I'll be content.

Then, of course, there's Sergeant Walter Davis. I don't think he carries a torch for her, mainly because she keeps taking his chair whenever there's a crisis. <vbEg>
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Here are my Top 7 (said in my Best Kasey Kasem..voice and if you have no idea who that is I am not tellin cause I am not tellin you how old that makes me feel )

Evolution 1 & 2
                        Entity
                        Divide and Conquer
                        Window of Opportunity
                        Beneath the Surface
                        Lost City1 & 2
                        Metamorphosis

btw Ship Mum you have Lost City on the list twice
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Here are my Top 7 (said in my Best Kasey Kasem..voice and if you have no idea who that is I am not tellin cause I am not tellin you how old that makes me feel )

Evolution 1 & 2
                          Entity
                          Divide and Conquer
                          Window of Opportunity
                          Beneath the Surface
                          Lost City1 & 2
                          Metamorphosis

btw Ship Mum you have Lost City on the list twice
                          Here's my top 7:

Broca Divide
                          Solitudes
                          Divide and Conquer
                          Window of Opportunity
                          Beneath the Surface
                          Entity
                          Lost City 1 & 2

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                            Here's my top 7:

Broca Divide
                            Solitudes
                            Divide and Conquer
                            Window of Opportunity
                            Beneath the Surface
                            Entity
                            Lost City 1 & 2

I agree with you on those picks and I have to add Point of View to my list - even though it's not "our" Sam, I can pretend.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              I always thought that Major Davis may have had a thing for her. That or, he had one for Jack! LOL. Remember how he sorta freaked on Jacob when the two of them were going to drown in Descent? I thought his reaction was rather strong for a coworker they only saw a couple times a year.

There's also that guy from the dome city (forgive me, but it's a S7 episode but I'm drawing a blank on the title). His wife was one of those who "disappeared" and was killed by going outside the bubble.

I don't think Harry Maybourne has a thing for her either. But I don't want that to be an excuse to use him more. Can't *stand* the character, and wish we didn't have to see him as much as we already have. If we never see him again, I'll be content.

Then, of course, there's Sergeant Walter Davis. I don't think he carries a torch for her, mainly because she keeps taking his chair whenever there's a crisis. <vbEg>
                              Actually Woolsey didn't either. Of course he was trying to do a job at the time.

I like how Woolsey turned out though. I think he really believed he was just doing this job as an impartial investigator. Once he saw that he may have chosen the wrong guy to do work for he turned around. I wish they would do an episode where they find out it was Woolsey who betrayed them and start trying to hunt him down.

Comment

maybe we should add emancipation and possibly desperate measures to the complete list?
                                ok my top seven are, in no particular order

lost city
                                beneath the surface
                                entity
                                window of oportunity
                                point of view
                                grace
                                solitudes (because i couldn't choose between into the fire and small victories adn metamorphosis )

i know i'll change my mind on some of them, and i know i'll think of more, but thats my list and i'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X